Author Topic: Guns in restaurants draw stares but little outcry  (Read 789 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Guns in restaurants draw stares but little outcry
« on: May 16, 2008, 01:09:50 PM »
DS1  (1000+ posts)       Wed May-14-08 10:15 AM
Original message
Guns in restaurants draw stares but little outcry
 Advertisements [?](This is some creepy shit)

RESTON, Va. (AP) - The patrons at Champps, an upscale restaurant and bar chain, were eating ribs and drinking beer on a recent Saturday when customer Bruce Jackson stood up and made an announcement: He was armed, and so were dozens of other patrons.

The armed customers stood up in unison, showing off their holstered pistols and revolvers. Jackson said a word or two about the rights of gun owners to carry firearms in Virginia, then thanked everyone for their attention and sat down.

The diners returned to their burgers and Budweisers.

The Virginia Citizens Defense League organized the gathering at Champps to prove a point: that the presence of armed customers in northern Virginia restaurants would elicit little more than shrugs.

snip

In fact, with a few exceptions, the gun owners got their meals. The group went to eight different restaurants in April _ including the Fuddruckers burger chain and the McLean Family Restaurant _ and more often than not their presence failed to generate a stir. At two eateries, they were asked to leave.

All the restaurants were in Fairfax County, a bastion of suburbia and soccer moms outside Washington that is the wealthiest county in America, according to the most recent Census data.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=600&sid=1403608

<<< giant dork

Now, that little problem with rights in this country...The left is gonna try to 'help' you.

NightWatcher  (1000+ posts)       Wed May-14-08 10:18 AM
Response to Original message
1. the reason the diners didnt make a stink: they too were packing and had just ID'd the others
 the best thing about when I carry (licensed, concealed) is that no one else knows it but me. "Outting" yourself as a gun toter is stupid because it puts a target on your back and people will watch you. I prefer the benefit of surprise.

.....back to your burgers

and so the anti-gun nutz pounce!

KG (1000+ posts)      Wed May-14-08 10:24 AM
Response to Reply #4
9. 'cause their gun ownership has nothing to do with the 2A, but mostly with assuaging their deepseated
 Edited on Wed May-14-08 10:29 AM by KG
insecurities

'living document'

shanti  (1000+ posts)       Wed May-14-08 03:42 PM
Response to Reply #67
128. no, my question was
 WHY do these people feel the need to carry a gun in public like this? in a restaurant??? it's nuts!

* is trying to take away our rights!

zanne  (1000+ posts)      Thu May-15-08 08:06 AM
Response to Reply #4
167. They have a need to be intimidating.
 That's why they carry guns in the first place. In other words; "I'm not much of a man, but I carry a gun to make up for it; fear me"!

oh noes! now the woman folk are gonna be angry!

beevul  (1000+ posts)      Fri May-16-08 04:18 AM
Response to Reply #167
220. And the women?
 "That's why they carry guns in the first place. In other words; "I'm not much of a man, but I carry a gun to make up for it; fear me"!"

Sexist much?

and now the gender confused are gonna get angry!

sniffa  (1000+ posts)       Fri May-16-08 08:26 AM
Response to Reply #4
235. Because whipping out a penis is illegal

not if the freaks on the left have their way, that is...

KG (1000+ posts)      Wed May-14-08 10:22 AM
Response to Original message
6. typical of every gun nut i've ever met - macho insecure dweebs.

and most of the anti-gun freaks I've met are flaming queens...

1620rock  (1000+ posts)      Wed May-14-08 10:29 AM
Response to Reply #8
11. This shit is unbelievable. Only in Amerika.

Yup. only in America do you have the freedom to act with-in your rights.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Guns in restaurants draw stares but little outcry
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 01:24:43 PM »
I've eaten in that very Champps. I had no idea. I will certainly make a point to go back. :-)

Oh, and STFU DUmpmonkeys. I bet the people in that Luby's restaurant in Texas would beg to differ.
In fact, one women did.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIeyn0-rdx4[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:26:43 PM by DixieBelle »
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle