Author Topic: Birthers Now want Obama's Grades  (Read 803 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Birthers Now want Obama's Grades
« on: May 29, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »
dynasaw

Birthers Now want Obama's Grades

"Now that the issue of the president’s birth certificate has been laid to rest (mostly), some conservatives are turning their attention to a new obsession: Barack Obama's college transcripts. . .

About a year ago, Donald Trump, among the highest-profile "birthers," helped get the mini-movement started. After the president released his long-form birth certificate, Trump abruptly changed subjects:

"The word is, according to what I’ve read," said Trump, "that he was a terrible student when he went to Occidental. He then gets into Columbia; he then gets to Harvard. ... How do you get into Harvard if you’re not a good student? Now maybe that's right or maybe it’s wrong, but I don't know why he doesn’t release his records."

What do these "transcripters" (if we may coin a phrase) hope to prove?

"We’re not convinced that Barack is as smart as you media elitists keep insisting he is," says The Trenches, the website that posted the reward. (The Daily Caller outed the responsible party as Brooks Bayne, a conservative blogger who admitted he was behind the reward.)

That rationale may strike some as a little flimsy, given that Obama was president of the Harvard Law Review, taught constitutional law, has two bestselling books to his credit and is, at the moment, leader of the free world.

We do know a few things about the president's college career.

In his new book, "Barack Obama: The Story," David Maraniss quotes Obama as saying that his grade point average at Columbia was an impressive 3.7. He graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School, which cannot happen with poor grades."

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-college-transcripts-replace-birth-certificate-for-obama-detractors-20120526,0,5384970.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+latimes/news/politics+(L.A.+Times+-+Politics)&utm_con

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002741789

I'm sure if any repuke refused to release their grades you would be just fine with that.  :whatever:
You keep telling us how smart 0bama is, well have him release them and shut us up.

Scuba
1. Trump you dumb ass, BHO's grades are probably way better than yours...

... maybe Barack will release them, maybe not, but in any case I'll bet they're not an embarrassment.

Trump just wants pub, and he's getting it.

Naturally he must have a 4.0 he is just to humble to brag on them.  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

If he made good grades he would have released them.

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: Birthers Now want Obama's Grades
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 06:45:46 PM »
yeh no shit, if they were good grades TOTUS would be telling us in every speech

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:46:38 PM »
I was under the impression that unless you were a minority you have to have straight "A"s to get into Columbia and Harvard.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 06:50:42 PM »
If Obama's grades were good he would have inserted a mention of them into every past Presidential bio.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »
I was under the impression that unless you were a minority you have to have straight "A"s to get into Columbia and Harvard.

It's not who he knew , it's who he blew.

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 06:57:29 PM »
Yep, just like every other president in recent history.

I think we all know that being the man that takes credit for other's achievements, if the grades were good he would have been spiking the football all the time about them.

1. Poor grades will prove that affirmative action is bad for America.
2. The smartest man in the history of the universe has at best a mediocre intelligence most likely has a 100+/- IQ.
3. 0bama did not write either of the first two books but might have written the childrens book just published.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 07:14:27 PM »
Actually we wanted Obama's grades released in 2008. Isn't it odd that he won't release them? what is he hiding?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Re: Birthers Now want Obama's Grades
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 07:23:03 PM »
Weren't the left wing media clamoring for President Bush's GPA etc?  Then quickly it was forgotten when it turned out his was higher that Kerry?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline thundley4

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:24 PM »
Weren't the left wing media clamoring for President Bush's GPA etc?  Then quickly it was forgotten when it turned out his was higher that Kerry?

They wanted background dirt on Bush so bad that the MSM was willing to accept forgeries.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 08:43:13 PM »

Offline thundley4

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
Rules for radicals are being followed again, by the Obamaites.  Attack and denigrate those that question.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 09:50:38 PM »
Obama doesn't want his transcripts to be released because he knows they would tell us he is full of shit. I don't think he got good grades at all.

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 10:09:40 PM »
Obama doesn't want his transcripts to be released because he knows they would tell us he is full of shit. I don't think he got good grades at all.

He was also probably receiving grants and other special considerations since he was claiming to be Kenyan at the time.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »

Yep! The MSM media disgusts me. Unfortunately for them, they don't have an ironclad control anymore. If I was the RNC, I would make a bunch of ads showing the media frenzy over Bush's grades, show the result, and then ask the question at the end of the ads: "Why is the MSM covering up Obama's grades? What does he have to hide? What do they have to hide? Why does the MSM make an issue out of a republican president's grades and not do it for the current president? Could it be that they don't want you to know? You decide. Here is the phone numbers to call NBC, ABC, and CBS news networks. Perhaps you should call them and ask why."

Then I would pound those ads everyday. That would serve two purposes. It would force obumble to release the records, and it would discredit the MSM with the independents.

Just my 2 cents.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 10:42:14 PM »
He was also probably receiving grants and other special considerations since he was claiming to be Kenyan at the time.
or Indonesian. Hell, both.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 10:57:07 PM »

No, but it does improve the odds.  Not as much as being a 'Legacy,' a marginally-qualified member of a disadvantaged racial or ethnic group, a woman, or being likely heir to a shitpile of money...but it helps.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 05:14:20 AM »
or Indonesian. Hell, both.

Any kind of claim of being a foreign student would wreck his credibility with a large portion of independents, and would also set up a delicious set of ads:
"Barack Obama states that he was born in Hawaii and has always been an American citizen, and we believe him. But on his college application, he said he was an Indonesian(Kenyan/British) citizen. Who did he lie to? Do you really want a man who'd lie to get into college as your President?"

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 06:38:45 AM »
Yep! The MSM media disgusts me. Unfortunately for them, they don't have an ironclad control anymore. If I was the RNC, I would make a bunch of ads showing the media frenzy over Bush's grades, show the result, and then ask the question at the end of the ads: "Why is the MSM covering up Obama's grades? What does he have to hide? What do they have to hide? Why does the MSM make an issue out of a republican president's grades and not do it for the current president? Could it be that they don't want you to know? You decide. Here is the phone numbers to call NBC, ABC, and CBS news networks. Perhaps you should call them and ask why."

Then I would pound those ads everyday. That would serve two purposes. It would force obumble to release the records, and it would discredit the MSM with the independents.

Just my 2 cents.

Very valuable 2 cents it is!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline jukin

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »
Very valuable 2 cents it is!

I agree!

The question is will they do it. I'm pretty sure that some Super PACs might. The RNC or Romney, not so much.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.