Author Topic: primitives clean house  (Read 1786 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives clean house
« on: May 15, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=353x1875

After reading the bonfire started by the green giant primitive, I decided to check into a forum on Skins's island mentioned by a primitive there, the forum for frugal living.

It's interesting, and more lively than the automotive forum or the deaf-and-hard-of-hearing forum on Skins's island, where one gets attacked by killer cobwebs.

Anyway.

Warpy  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu May-15-08 12:17 PM
Original message

"How clean is your house?"

I am officially a fan of those two old gals with the fake fur trimmed rubber gloves.

I have patches of ground in dirt on my kitchen tile where I do the most standing. Warm water with just a few drops of dishwashing liquid and then Borax sprinkled on the floor and used as an abrasive worked with minimal scrubbing to get them pristine.

The kitchen drain was running slow and I was loath to go to the market to get any of the packaged chemicals, so I used equal parts of salt and baking soda chased with cheap white vinegar. It rumbled and foamed and now is running like a newly installed set of pipes.

Their stuff works and most of it is incredibly cheap!

My place is still disorganized since I'm still drowning in paper, more of which comes in every day in the mail, but by golly, it's CLEAN.

I dunno.

The maharani primitive, the lioness DUmmie, mops her floor only once in great while, leaving her poor cats to wade in the stickiness and muck, picking up germs.

eleny  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Thu May-15-08 04:50 PM
Response to Original message

1. Hmmmmm

Well, I wouldn't be ashamed to answer the door. But I clean some rooms regularly and some "as needed".

My kitchen floor is old now. It doesn't look bad and the glued down tiles were a good product so they've lasted. I keep one of those new fangled floor cleaning deals handy and it helps my lazy cleaning ways to have it.

What I like to do about once a year now that the floor is old is to rent one of those electric floor machines with the round scrubbers for a deep cleaning. My kitchen is large and there's a rental place very near here. The floor tiles have the little grooves design all over that collect dirt and it won't come out without a hands and knees cleaning. But those electric scrubbers make the old floor a beauty. I'll use your tip of dish soap + Borax when I get the scrubber this summer.

I like that baking soda/vinegar combo for the drains. It does work very well. When I make spaghetti I dump the boiling water down the kitchen drain right away to take advantage of the hot water. It's just not good for Corian sinks. A friend of mine cracked her Corian sink with the hot pasta water.

I keep a large, cheap plastic bag near the back door. We toss all the junk mail in there along with other recyclables. Once a week, when I get out to the market I drop off the contents in the Shriners recycle bin. Finding that bin just 4 blocks from here has been a godsend. Now my dining room table is clear of junk mail - more room for clean laundry waiting to be folded.

franksolich thinks he might visit this hut on Skins's island more often.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: primitives clean house
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 08:26:41 PM »
Good find frank! I'm always interested in how the primitives keep their campsites.

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 09:15:18 PM »
Good find frank! I'm always interested in how the primitives keep their campsites.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Gud Un...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »

From some of the photos I've seen they live like pigs....just take a look in the background when they have another pic thread.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:59:59 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice how nasty they live.

There's no excuse to be dirty.  I would never take a picture of my home with crap all over the floor, garbage piled up and dirty little dust balls all over for the whole world to see.

But then I'm not a DUmmy. 
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 11:03:09 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice how nasty they live.

There's no excuse to be dirty.  I would never take a picture of my home with crap all over the floor, garbage piled up and dirty little dust balls all over for the whole world to see.

But then I'm not a DUmmy. 

Ever see a pic of Lionyss Prianka's (SP? MAJOR) apartment? Talk about trash.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 11:08:07 PM »
Unfortunately I have.  She's comes across as very lazy.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »

from the title of this thread, I thought the purge of the hillaryites had begun. :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 11:28:58 PM »
Unfortunately I have.  She's comes across as very lazy.

Heh..... Do you know franksolich? I think your insight about primitives will be useful in these parts. Welcome to CC by the way.  :cheersmate:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 06:39:16 AM »
Ever see a pic of Lionyss Prianka's (SP? MAJOR) apartment? Talk about trash.

Well now, don't be too harsh.

The maharani primitive a descendant of one of the upper castes in India and never had to learn about household chores, as there was all this domestic help around desperately still trying to work off a 40-cent debt their ancestors had borrowed back in 1750 or something.

Yes, that explains much of the poverty in India; extortionate high interest rates that hobble the underclasses for generations and generations.  The Moslems, and then the British, when they dominated India, tried to do something about it, but it proved futile.

Such poor Indians never make it to America; have never even seen a radio or television in their lives, and so we scarcely hear about it, but there's a few hundred million of them.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 07:38:51 AM »
Well now, don't be too harsh.

The maharani primitive a descendant of one of the upper castes in India and never had to learn about household chores, as there was all this domestic help around desperately still trying to work off a 40-cent debt their ancestors had borrowed back in 1750 or something.

Yes, that explains much of the poverty in India; extortionate high interest rates that hobble the underclasses for generations and generations.  The Moslems, and then the British, when they dominated India, tried to do something about it, but it proved futile.

Such poor Indians never make it to America; have never even seen a radio or television in their lives, and so we scarcely hear about it, but there's a few hundred million of them.

Ok, huh?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »
Ok, huh?

In case you need more memory-jogging, sir, it was the maharani primitive, the lioness primitive, who "accepted" American citizenship, rather than was given it.

A lot of regal notions in the maharani primitive, relics of her past.
apres moi, le deluge