Author Topic: Allen West uninvited by Nat'l Assoc for the Advancement of the Communist Party  (Read 471 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
monmouth (18,756 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Allen West Ousted From NAACP Event

WASHINGTON -- It turns out calling Democratic lawmakers "Communists" has some consequences.

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) was supposed to be the keynote speaker at a fundraiser for his district chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) this past Saturday. But days before the event, the group canceled the gathering and asked West not to come back when they rescheduled. Why?

"There's a certain statement he made about Communists," Jerry Gore, president of the Martin County NAACP, told Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers. "That statement alone ... we do not represent that type of atmosphere."

The NAACP chapter is rescheduling its banquet for Sept. 15, with a new keynote speaker. Gore told Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers that a spokesman for West said he "understood" why the organization didn't want West to speak anymore.

West landed in hot water earlier this month after telling constituents at a town hall meeting that some 80 House Democrats "are members of the Communist Party. It's called the Congressional Progressive Caucus." His remarks sparked outrage among Democrats -- Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) said "not even Joe McCarthy would have said anything so stupid" -- but West later said he had no regrets about the ordeal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/23/allen-west-communists-naacp-event_n_1445242.html

Why the hell does the NAACP care about comments about commies?

TheCowsCameHome (24,505 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

1. Gee Allen, turned away by your own people?

It must suck to be you.

Everybody hates you, Allen, except the teabaggers, and they don't know any better

lastlib (614 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

19. No, turned away by peple who have a constructive agenda...

They're not his people, nor vice versa. AW isn't out to do any good for anyone except AW.

But it IS funny!!!

Mc Mike (85 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

24. Right. His people are the racist biker gang he proudly 'integrated'. NT

Ikonoklast (17,119 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

22. If West moved in next door to any Teabaggers, they'd suddenly find one reason to hate him, too.

The Teabaggers like West right where he is, not living in their neighborhood.

You sphincter nugget...

...not only would I be delighted to have West as a neighbor I wish he was still serving so he could be my son's commanding officer.

rfranklin (11,746 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

5. and the teabaggers only like him because he acts as the beard for their racism...

You don't see any other people of color at those rallies.

Independent, self-sufficient, free.

The hallmarks of racism.

Not to be confused with the welfare pimps on the left who preach dependency at the expense of law.

PearliePoo2 (2,192 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

8. "beard for their racism..."

Yes...exactly...good analasis...

Liberals: Smarter than you.

One day that black guy will learn his place...

...until then the beatings will continue.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002599015
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Karin

West landed in hot water earlier this month after telling constituents at a town hall meeting...

:lmao: :rotf: :rofl:  No he didn't!  He was roundly applauded.  People were saying, "thank you for saying what I'm thinking."  

A voter writes to him via Gradegov:

Thankyou Congressman West for telling it like it is and exposing the Marxist Traitors in Congress and the White House.  You are a true Patriot.  God Bless You.

This person identifies themselves as a democrat:

Joan45 (DEM), FL writes
I gave you a grade of A. Continue fighting for the TEA PARTY....

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:56:49 AM by Karin »

Offline DLR Pyro

The naacp is only for the advancement of colored people who don't dare stray off the plantation.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline HACKSAW

The naacp is only for the advancement of colored people who don't dare stray off the plantation.

Or as Rush calls them, "The NAALCP" National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People
Liberals are like Slinkies...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Ikonoklast (17,119 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

22. If West moved in next door to any Teabaggers, they'd suddenly find one reason to hate him, too.

The Teabaggers like West right where he is, not living in their neighborhood.

How many black folk live in kpete and CalPegs neighborhood?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
They are actually shitting their pants because they realize that their "Conservatives are racist" meme is dying. We like people who think the same way we do.  We don't care if they are white, black or hispanic. People like being around like minded people. I think you people are the real racists. You think minorities who don't agree with you are "Uncle Tom's". Get back on the democratic plantation boy or we will have a high tech lynching.

Also, why are West's comments so offensive DUmmies?  Is it wrong to be a communist?

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Or as Rush calls them, "The NAALCP" National Association for the Advancement of Liberal Colored People
NAAYP -Ross Perot-
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running

How many black folk live in kpete and CalPegs neighborhood?

I'm sure Sharpton "lives" on the TV sets.

Especially when company comes over just to show they're good liberal credentials (except when the hired help is about...wouldn't want them getting any revolutionary ideas, you know).
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jukin

More proof that in any leftist organization, by definition, everyone must think the same.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.