Author Topic: What good has bush done?  (Read 1511 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
What good has bush done?
« on: May 12, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »
Since the net is filled with the VRWC thread about life and how it was better under the VRWC, the DUmp seems to answer with a How life is worse under *!

cynatnite  (1000+ posts)       Mon May-12-08 03:38 PM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3274481
What good has bush done for the US?
I asked someone this today. Their reply was how much everyone hates him and how everyone ignores all the good he's done. Still couldn't get specifics on his 'good deeds'.

Hmmm...not a very good start.

alyce douglas  (1000+ posts)     Mon May-12-08 03:41 PM
Original message
you will never get facts from these people, they are beyond 
 Edited on Mon May-12-08 03:42 PM by alyce douglas
deluded. Bush supporters (a dying breed right now) will never acknowledge their mistakes either.

I guess I won't vote for * this election...

DCKit  (1000+ posts)       Mon May-12-08 03:51 PM
Response to Reply #1
7. Then you haven't talked to ME!!!
 It's official, * couldn't possibly have won in either 2000 or 2004 because, according to everyone I talk to, nobody voted for him.

How's those polls going for Obama?

Elspeth  (1000+ posts)      Mon May-12-08 04:00 PM
Response to Original message
11. There is no good. This administration can be measured by its destructive actions
 They really hate America and are trying to destroy it.

1. They are killing the national economy and industry, resulting in the destruction of the middle class
2. They are squeezing us dry running a costly, endless war that drains every resource we have and those we don't
3. They are killing our national reputation by overtly demonstrating torture overseas and complete disregard for human life at home (as in Katrina)
4. They have put us under the economic control of a foreign (communist) power, China
5. They have let our infrastructure rot, our schools decay
6. They have aided and abetted the "privatization" of public functions, from utilities to the military
7. They have altered the Constitution, overturning the all important right of habeas corpus. They have trampled on the first amendment in regard to political speech, creating "free speech zones;"
8. They have allowed the undercutting of property rights with an expanded eminent domain that allows private land to be seized by the government and turned over to private companies.
9. They have seized control of all public waterways while selling off public lands like national parks. Water will probably be "privatized" in the same way.
10. They have expanded the power of the President to be that of a dictator, who can ignore due process, search warrants and other Constitutional protections. The President can declare you a "terrorist" for any reason he deems fit and lock you up without any legal protections whatsoever.
11. They have expanded wiretapping (eavesdropping is too kind a word; spying is more appropriate) to include the ability to spy on citizens for any reason or no reason.

In short, America is being destroyed by hijackers of its government. The Bush administration IS the wrecking crew.

of course, no one can really answer the OP...

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: What good has bush done?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 03:33:14 PM »

the 50 million liberated people in the mid-east that used to live under tyranny may have a different opinion

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 03:39:56 PM »
...if one DUmmie has committed suicide over his tenure in office, I'd say that's a pretty good accomplishment.  :evillaugh:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 03:56:37 PM »
...if one DUmmie has committed suicide over his tenure in office, I'd say that's a pretty good accomplishment.  :evillaugh:

Ditto, and H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 04:20:33 PM »
Top two accomplishments, he kept Gore and Kerry out of the White House.  :cheersmate:

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »
Not a single fact to back up their wild claims! And ironically, on some of those points I agree (horrible public schools, killing the economy) but it's not because of Bush, it's because of Libtardeness.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Sonnabend

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 04:30:06 PM »
Oh I dont know...he has given us seven years of unrelenting amusement..watching you DUmmies literally have coronaries every time he makes a speech. And we gotta say...its the best entertainment that can be had with your clothes on...may TeH Rove put coal in your Fitzmas stocking.... :rotf: :rotf:

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 06:51:57 AM »
Top two accomplishments, he kept Gore and Kerry out of the White House.  :cheersmate:

Killed a shitload of Islamic radicals, I call that a big plus. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 10:55:03 AM »

H5 for that, DAT.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 06:06:53 PM »

Yep yep yep, uh huh, uh huh.

He's, for sure, the Global Champion of "Who's the Boss?".   :lmao:

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 08:26:55 PM »
Better yet, What has the Frackin Dems done for us besides sit on their hands and cry like the little bitches they are because they can't have their way. 2008 isn't looking so hot for you clowns either. nacypancy has done such a bang up job and then Dingy Harry and  Jackoff Murtha have done just about everything they can to either pull the rug out from the Military or outright be treasonous in their beahvior which just has to be winning them oh so many friends with the military families too. One just has to wonder just how many seats you assclowns will be keeping this time around.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 10:09:30 PM »
Better yet, What has the Frackin Dems done for us besides sit on their hands and cry like the little bitches they are because they can't have their way. 2008 isn't looking so hot for you clowns either. nacypancy has done such a bang up job and then Dingy Harry and  Jackoff Murtha have done just about everything they can to either pull the rug out from the Military or outright be treasonous in their beahvior which just has to be winning them oh so many friends with the military families too. One just has to wonder just how many seats you assclowns will be keeping this time around.

I thought they were supposed to lower gas prices....when they were about 2.50 a gallon, and get us out of the necessary war. Apparently they're a bunch of incompetent ****s.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site