Author Topic: Camp Casey Taking the Day Off  (Read 1288 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Camp Casey Taking the Day Off
« on: May 10, 2008, 12:55:14 PM »
lame54  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-10-08 11:48 AM
Original message http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3267156
Camp Casey Taking the Day Off
 Advertisements [?]http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/latestnews/index.php?...
The wedding of one of President Bush's twin daughters at his 1,600-acre Central Texas ranch is the social event of the year — maybe the century — in this one-stoplight town. Never mind that few, if any, of its 700 residents are on the guest list. Crawford is still plenty excited.

Residents and businesses are preparing for an influx of tourists Saturday. Like the Bush family, they have arranged for flowers and ordered wedding cake and souvenirs.

"We're so honored she's getting married here," said Jo Staton, who works at The Red Bull and used to own a ranch near Bush's. "It's so beautiful out there, with streams, trees and wildflowers blooming in the fields. Every hill you see out there is gorgeous."

The blessed union even has affected the dwindling but steadfast group of a dozen or so war protesters left over from the circus that followed Cindy Sheehan when she brought her peace vigil to President Bush's ranch in 2005, which had irked the locals.

The holdouts decided to hold off on their chants and anti-Bush signs until Sunday.

"You don't blame the children for the sins of their parents," said Carl Rising-Moore, who has protested during every Bush visit here the past several years. "I don't want to spoil her day."

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to do with your dwindling numbers, embezzeled funds, failure at achieving anything...

Cheap_Trick (1000+ posts)      Sat May-10-08 12:37 PM
Response to Original message
3. what's sad though
 is how many families are attending funerals for their children killed in Iraq (both US soldiers and Iraqi civilians) today, thanks to that ignorant ****ing bastard? How many people widowed? How many weddings never to be?

snappyturtle  (1000+ posts)      Sat May-10-08 12:39 PM
Response to Original message
4. Yes, it is a good call but I doubt the regime will note it for that. They
 don't pay any attention to anyone except those in their "group". I bet the WH staff (kitchen/chef/etc.) is relieved....or did they have to go along. I have heard nothing about the blessed event which goes right along with the secrecy which marks this administration. "Let them eat cake........."

tiny fire so far- but typical hate-fest

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
Re: Camp Casey Taking the Day Off
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 12:57:24 PM »
Disgusts me to no end that the troop bashers use SPC Sheehan's name for their traitorous encampment.

Which reminds me...has the Ditch Bitch finally got around to buying her son a headstone?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 02:28:13 PM »
Disgusts me to no end that the troop bashers use SPC Sheehan's name for their traitorous encampment.

Which reminds me...has the Ditch Bitch finally got around to buying her son a headstone?

Last year I think. The public outcry finally became loud enough that she had to act, she is a real piece of work that one.

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 02:53:46 PM »
Damn, and I thought they were talking about a certain military installation not too far from Seoul.  :whatever:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 08:51:17 PM »
I wonder what the DUmmies will have to say about this.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 08:56:30 PM »
I wonder what the DUmmies will have to say about this.

They will ignore it, I'm sure.  They have trouble with their pretzel logic when it comes to rationalizing the "bad guys" protesting * too. 

Offline jinxmchue

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 12:07:30 AM »
"You don't blame the children for the sins of their parents,"

Like hell you don't!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04232008/news/regionalnews/police__bush_basher_smashes_disabled_tee_107782.htm

A man heckling First Lady Laura Bush and daughter Jenna outside the 92nd Street Y was arrested after he punched a wheelchair-bound girl whose parents has told him to shut up, authorities said yesterday. German Talis, 22, was shouting obscenities at the Bushes, who were leaving the building Tuesday, when he crossed paths with Wendy and John Lovetro and their daughter Maureen, 18, who has cerebral palsy.

They had been in the audience to hear the Bushes talk about their children's book, "Read All About It."

"He began yelling about Iraq and Iran at Jenna Bush.