Author Topic: David Archuleta's dad loses 'American Idol' backstage pass  (Read 792 times)

Offline RobJohnson

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Backstage meddling has caught up "American Idol" favorite David Archuleta's dad, who's been banned from rehearsals, a person working for the TV talent contest said Friday.

Jeff Archuleta was told this week by producers that he can no longer join 17-year-old son as David as he prepares for the show, the person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press. The person wasn't authorized to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.
http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34934/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20080510:american_idol__ER:38741

Offline jendf

Re: David Archuleta's dad loses 'American Idol' backstage pass
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »
TMZ reported this yesterday. They also say he was banned from the Star Search set when his son performed on that show too.

If I were little Archie, I would ditch dear ol' dad as soon as I turned 18. You can't be a parent and a stage manager in my opinion.

Offline RobJohnson

Re: David Archuleta's dad loses 'American Idol' backstage pass
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
TMZ reported this yesterday. They also say he was banned from the Star Search set when his son performed on that show too.

If I were little Archie, I would ditch dear ol' dad as soon as I turned 18. You can't be a parent and a stage manager in my opinion.

His dad needs a new hat.  :-)

I did not know he was on Star Search.

"Little Archie".....funny....

I have not watched the show for three weeks....surprised I am not going into withdraw.