Author Topic: brave primitive was lucky  (Read 655 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
brave primitive was lucky
« on: March 16, 2012, 09:25:40 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002433074

Oh my.

11 Bravo (13,215 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

Anybody here ever served 4 combat tours? I guess I was lucky.

I just had one. I took my first R&R at Vung Tau, nursing what amounted to nothing more than a flesh wound. But after two months in the bush, I was pretty tightly wound. Then, a couple of months after rejoining my platoon, Charles got lucky again, and I wound up in Walter Reed. At that point I was seriously pissed. Fortunately, I was surrounded by family and friends, and eventually limped back into civilian life relatively unscathed.

SSGT Robert Bales did four ****ing tours! He received a TBI, was diagnosed with PTSD, and lost a part of his foot. Then the was sent back. Again!

From there, my take is that he lost his shit. He allegedly massacred innocent Afghan civilians, and if true, he needs to answer for that. But can we at least entertain the posibility that he was not of sound mind? That may not prove to be the case, but I'm troubled by the number of DUers who are willing to reflexively paint him as just another maladjusted, murderous grunt.

War is Hell, but combat is a mother-****er. I won't even try to describe or explain it, but for anyone who has never been there to ascribe a motive to a guy who spent 4 tours in a meat grinder is uninformed at best.

29. In Nam the Army grunts did a 12 month tour. If we were willing to extend 6 months ...

we were give a 30 day leave between tours. I believe the Marines were required to serve 6 months, but were incentivized (ie: you WILL do it) to serve 13 months. It's been a while, but I believe that is correct.
(I for damn sure remember jarheads busting our chops about that one extra month!)

The diarrheal turd in the punch bowl drips in:

nadinbrzezinski (102,509 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

6. No and just shootouts with the cartels were enough of a taste for me.

As people here call him all kinds of names, they forget...

There is a good chance that his lawyers will earn him at least leniency. I will not be too shocked of all he gets is "a slap in the wrist" if they prove what I suspect is going on. In that case I expect outrage from usual quarters.

We should be talking of the very broken force...

And yes even the military justice system has to take into account the mental state of the accused. In this case the court martial will be not just of the sergeant... that is the obvious one. The whole army and repeated deployments will be at trial too.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
Re: brave primitive was lucky
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »
"a slap in the wrist"
I hate it when that happens.

The nutcase is prepositionally challenged.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:30:35 PM »
that sounds painful.  Does it require surgery?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
nadinbrzezinski (102,509 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

As people here call him all kinds of names, they forget...

There is a good chance that his lawyers will earn him at least leniency. I will not be too shocked of all he gets is "a slap in the wrist" if they prove what I suspect is going on. In that case I expect outrage from usual quarters.

We should be talking of the very broken force...

And yes even the military justice system has to take into account the mental state of the accused. In this case the court martial will be not just of the sergeant... that is the obvious one. The whole army and repeated deployments will be at trial too.
Nads is experienced with slappng the wrist.
Makes the vein "pop" out.  Right nads.  :stoner:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 09:37:38 PM »
To the lurking tards at the DUmp.

The number of deployments is not relevant.

I've been deployed to the AOR seven times between the three wars.

Your use of this troop for your own self-serving interests is f***ing disgusting.

You know nothing about him, his strengths, or his weaknesses.  Don't even think about passing judgement on him when you have never, ever been in his boots.

I am not defending him, I don't know the details of incident.

I want to see justice served, but I can't stand to read a bunch of f***ing tards and speculate on why it happened.   :argh:

"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 10:58:49 PM »

Anybody here ever served 4 combat tours? I guess I was lucky.
No, you sat at the rear.
Tell ya what, wannabe, I lasted five months before getting my sorry ass blown up in Nam.
I have far more respect for Ogre, than I have for myself.
You're a wannbe hero that just couldn't cut the mustard.
So am I, so what?
I made an honest effort, did you?
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:01:16 PM »
that sounds painful.  Does it require surgery?
It's better than a poke on the eye.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 01:00:30 AM »
NumbersBoo is the DUmp's current equivalent to DUmmy TomInTib.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 03:45:59 AM »
nadinbrzezinski

...We should be talking of the very broken force...

Don't sound broken to me.  Soldier goes in and wipes out 16 single-handedly, even has the Ahfgan PM believing there was more than just this one, because he saw his buddy's leg blown off by an IED set by the muzzie cowards.

No, that's not broken, that's restrained.  The purpose of an army is to kill people and break things.

Turn them loose.  Let them do their job.

And, no, johnnybravo, you weren't lucky.  You were chicken.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:39:23 AM »
Quote from: nads the Magnificent

Is this sufficient evidence to add "master gunfighter" to her resume'?

nads, you are brilliant! "The system putting the system on trial". I hope you sent an e-mail to the defense attorney!
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 10:02:35 AM »
Can anyone imagine the shit storm that wold be going on if this had happened under Boooooooooshhhhh?

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
NumbersBoo is the DUmp's current equivalent to DUmmy TomInTib.

But let's not forget that 11Boo had a Hollywood movie based on his life.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 12:40:15 PM »
The mexican drug wars started in 2006, after the Columbian cartels were crippled.

By 2006, nutcase nadin already had over 20,000 arrogant, condescending posts at the DUmp.

Like every other DUmpmonkey, she is a liar.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 12:42:23 PM »
The mexican drug wars started in 2006, after the Columbian cartels were crippled.

By 2006, nutcase nadin already had over 20,000 arrogant, condescending posts at the DUmp.

Like every other DUmpmonkey, she is a liar.

Uh huh.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 03:28:58 PM »
Don't sound broken to me.  Soldier goes in and wipes out 16 single-handedly, even has the Ahfgan PM believing there was more than just this one, because he saw his buddy's leg blown off by an IED set by the muzzie cowards.

No, that's not broken, that's restrained.  The purpose of an army is to kill people and break things.

Turn them loose.  Let them do their job.

And, no, johnnybravo, you weren't lucky.  You were chicken.

I agree with the purpose of an army to a great extent, but I would amend it from Patton's perspective. The highest purpose would be to make enough of the enemy die for their cause that those who remain become gravely uncertain about their cause.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 04:00:36 PM »
I agree with the purpose of an army to a great extent, but I would amend it from Patton's perspective. The highest purpose would be to make enough of the enemy die for their cause that those who remain become gravely uncertain about their cause.

I like the line from the movie:

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for your country.   He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for HIS country."

Or something to that effect.

However, when dealing with muzzies, I don't think you could kill enough of them to cause them an epiphany.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try.   :-)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:06:52 PM by diesel driver »
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 06:33:40 PM »
The only wound 11BeeBee got where from reaching for the chips during the commercial break he took while watching Saving Pvt Ryans Parts.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 07:22:10 PM »
The only wound 11BeeBee got where from reaching for the chips during the commercial break he took while watching Saving Pvt Ryans Parts.
Cripes, I gotta get new reading glasses.
Could have sworn I read that as "shaving Ryans private parts".  :lmao: