Author Topic: it's the WE Happy hour Thread for May 9!!  (Read 7447 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
it's the WE Happy hour Thread for May 9!!
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »

I did nothing today.  In fact, I did nothing all week.  I even instructed my department to do
nothing this week. 

"fix problems as they occur" was my only goal this week.

so, other than still being a bit stressed from last week, I am feelin' pretty good right
now.

how are y'all?

Offline jendf

Re: it's the WE Happy hour Thread for May 9!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 08:25:25 PM »
I'm pooped.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 08:29:32 PM »
Just spent $100+ at the local K-Roger and I have nothing to eat.  :rotf:

O.K., nothing I want to cook and eat anyway. Plus 75% or more is non-food and or junk food and wine. Hmmm, think I'll open some wine.

Sufice it to say, I'm doing nothing on Saturday.  :cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline phillygirl

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
Somehow I lost a pack of cigarettes between walking to my car and driving home.  I really don't feel like going out to the store tonight. 

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 08:30:46 PM »
I'm pooped.

I think you can sue for that.  :p
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand

Offline jendf

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »

O.K., nothing I want to cook and eat anyway. Plus 75% or more is non-food and or junk food and wine. Hmmm, think I'll open some wine.

Wine sounds good right now.

Offline jendf

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:33:28 PM »
I'm pooped.

LOL! I just might. I'll sue my employer for leaving me in this condition.

Offline jendf

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 08:36:20 PM »
Somehow I lost a pack of cigarettes between walking to my car and driving home.  I really don't feel like going out to the store tonight. 

Tonight is the night to quit!

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 08:37:12 PM »

in philly?  who would blame you? :-)

edit for wrong word
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 08:44:53 PM by Wretched Excess »

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »

red or white?  I am kinda a wine snob.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »
I'm pooped.

LOL! I just might. I'll sue my employer for leaving me in this condition.

I am sure that lawsuit would go far. :whatever:

</management thinking>

:-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 08:42:50 PM »
I finished painting a wall and hanging the wallpaper border that separates the two colors.  Then I clipped my fingernails again.  I have to clip my nails about twice a week.  That I have these Miracle-Gro nails is so unfair.  There is a woman somewhere crying because she can't get the nails she wants, and here I am clipping every other day.  I don't know why women want long nails.  They get in the way.  Like last week, my granddaughter left her riding toy right in the middle of the carpet in the garage.  My wife couldn't pull in.  She had to honk and I had to run out and move the toy.  I didn't mind doing that for my wife, but it chaps me because I had specifically told my Little Angel not to leave her riding toy in the middle of the garage floor.  That's children for ya.  They only live in the moment and never remember what they were told, unless of course you told them in passing that we all may go to Pizza&Games later in the week.  THAT they remember.  I miss Ms. Pacman.  You hardly ever see a Ms. Pacman machine anymore.  I guess they are "so 20 years ago".  But when you get into your third set of twenty years in your life, the previous 20 years doesn't seem like so long ago.  I was wonder just the other day about a friend we hadn't seen in a while.  I asked my wife when was the last time we heard from the friend.  My wife said it was in about 1983.  Which, by the way, was a good year.  I bought my favorite car I ever owned in 1984 or 85.  No, it was in 1983.  It was a dark blue 1983 Lincoln Towncar with a darker blue vinyl top.  I remember my hand shaking as I made out the check.  It cost over $18,000.00.  Or was it $19,000.00?  Anyway, I used our grill for the first time this season last night.  I have been putting it off because I hate to clean the darn thing.  But it was going to seed under it's protective cover just sitting there.  Speaking of seeds, I got some wildflower seeds in the mail (which I ordered).  I am going to spread them on the land I don't own and no one uses on the other side of my alley.  It's about 60 acres worth of land.  I'm only going to flower about a 12x40' section.  Lady Bird Johnson, Lord rest her soul, would be proud of me.  Maybe I should write Tricia, since she has been in the news this week, and tell her what I've done in her mama's name.  Or maybe I'll save the seeds and throw them at the Code Enforcer when the Little Hitler drives down my alley.  He and I are not friends lately.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 08:44:30 PM by Lord Undies »

Offline jendf

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 08:55:01 PM »
I finished painting a wall and hanging the wallpaper border that separates the two colors.  Then I clipped my fingernails again.  I have to clip my nails about twice a week.  That I have these Miracle-Gro nails is so unfair.  There is a woman somewhere crying because she can't get the nails she wants, and here I am clipping every other day.  I don't know why women want long nails.  They get in the way.  Like last week, my granddaughter left her riding toy right in the middle of the carpet in the garage.  My wife couldn't pull in.  She had to honk and I had to run out and move the toy.  I didn't mind doing that for my wife, but it chaps me because I had specifically told my Little Angel not to leave her riding toy in the middle of the garage floor.  That's children for ya.  They only live in the moment and never remember what they were told, unless of course you told them in passing that we all may go to Pizza&Games later in the week.  THAT they remember.  I miss Ms. Pacman.  You hardly ever see a Ms. Pacman machine anymore.  I guess they are "so 20 years ago".  But when you get into your third set of twenty years in your life, the previous 20 years doesn't seem like so long ago.  I was wonder just the other day about a friend we hadn't seen in a while.  I asked my wife when was the last time we heard from the friend.  My wife said it was in about 1983.  Which, by the way, was a good year.  I bought my favorite car I ever owned in 1984 or 85.  No, it was in 1983.  It was a dark blue 1983 Lincoln Towncar with a darker blue vinyl top.  I remember my hand shaking as I made out the check.  It cost over $18,000.00.  Or was it $19,000.00?  Anyway, I used our grill for the first time this season last night.  I have been putting it off because I hate to clean the darn thing.  But it was going to seed under it's protective cover just sitting there.  Speaking of seeds, I got some wildflower seeds in the mail (which I ordered).  I am going to spread them on the land I don't own and no one uses on the other side of my alley.  It's about 60 acres worth of land.  I'm only going to flower about a 12x40' section.  Lady Bird Johnson, Lord rest her soul, would be proud of me.  Maybe I should write Tricia, since she has been in the news this week, and tell her what I've done in her mama's name.  Or maybe I'll save the seeds and throw them at the Code Enforcer when the Little Hitler drives down my alley.  He and I are not friends lately.

So how about them D-backs?

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 08:57:50 PM »

how 'BOUT dem D'backs? :wink:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 09:00:34 PM »

I drink red 98% of the time.

It's Gabbiano. (an Italian Chianti) Very drinkable, heavy but with a clean finish and at a very decent price.

- Ayn Rand

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »

Diamonds are forever.

Offline jendf

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 09:06:37 PM »

It's Gabbiano. (an Italian Chianti) Very drinkable, heavy but with a clean finish and at a very decent price.

That sounds really good.

Offline jendf

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 09:08:25 PM »

Diamonds are forever.

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »

Diamonds are forever.

Bring back the megaphone,
And hang up the telephone,
If they're so far away,
Did they need you in their day?

Offline jendf

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 09:14:25 PM »

Diamonds are forever.

If they're so far away,

The telephone is a good way to talk to people without having to offer them a drink. 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 09:16:08 PM »

Diamonds are forever.

If they're so far away,

The telephone is a good way to talk to people without having to offer them a drink. 

Most of your friends and relatives are alcoholics?  Poor dear.  No wonder you are the way you are. 

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 09:18:56 PM »

chianti blows.  if it isn't a cab, you're a guppie :-)

Offline jendf

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 09:19:52 PM »

Diamonds are forever.

If they're so far away,

Most of your friends and relatives are alcoholics?  Poor dear.  No wonder you are the way you are. 

:lmao: I was just lifting quotes from random websites. I actually have no friends.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »

Diamonds are forever.

If they're so far away,

as horrendous as my sense of humor is, sometimes, yours is worse.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »

Diamonds are forever.

If they're so far away,

as horrendous as my sense of humor is, sometimes, yours is worse.

Gawd!  That's like the Queen of England complimenting me on my hat!  Lord love ya!