Author Topic: And So It Starts - Republican Smear Machine Cranks Up (MegaMoonbat alert)  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

"swift boat liars"?  this guy definitely drank all of the koolaid.  I picked this insane editorial as a perfect
example of the left and the MSM trying to inoculate their fatally flawed candidate from any critical
examination whatsoever.

the mccain camp is on to them, though, as evidenced by their response to obama's "losing his bearings"
comment.  I posted that exchange here in the Election forum.

And So It Starts - Republican Smear Machine Cranks Up - So Much for a "Respectful Campaign"

Barely 48 hours after Barack Obama became the clear nominee for the Democrats, the Republican smear machine is is full swing fueled by comments from Mitt Romney, short listed for VP under McCain.  In early April, McCain struck a conciliatory tone, speaking in Arizona, saying "I have a record unmatched by either Senator Hillary (Rodham) Clinton or Senator (Barack) Obama of reaching across the aisle," he said. He also said his record demonstrates "the environment for working together is clearly there."  He called for a "civil campaign".

Then the fundraising started.  Right after these "civility declarations", his campaign started sending letters and emails saying, "Barack Obama's foreign policy plans have even won him praise from Hamas leaders,” McCain deputy campaign manager Christian Ferry wrote. “Ahmed Yousef, chief political adviser to the Hamas Prime Minister said, ‘We like Mr. Obama and we hope he will win the election. He has a vision to change America.”  Then McCain, on April 25, said in an interview with bloggers, "All I can tell you Jennifer is that I think it's very clear who Hamas wants to be the next president of the United States. So apparently has Danny Ortega and several others. I think that people should understand that I will be Hamas's worst nightmare....If senator Obama is favored by Hamas I think people can make judgments accordingly."

Then, Mitt Romney starts.  Right after McCain's attack, Romney, to back up his possible running mate, said of Obama, "I think Barack Obama was more of a blank sheet. I think the primary revealed more about him than perhaps he would've liked. The recent endorsement by Hamas of his candidacy is I think the kind of development which people find revealing."

Condemning Jimmy Carter's trip to the Middle East to meet with Hamas, Obama said, "We must not negotiate with a terrorist group intent on Israel's destruction.  We should only sit down with Hamas if they renounce terrorism, recognize Israel's right to exist, and abide by past agreements."

So.  The smears start.  Even though Obama is a patriotic American who has publicly spoken out against terrorism and Hamas, the Republicans have already begun the guilt by association campaign.  Wait til the Swift Boat Liars get started.  You can bet they'll turn up the rhetoric to white hot, while McCain stands back saying "Who, me?"

Obama strongly condemned McCain yesterday on CNN and called him out on his civility pledge:

Good for Barack.  He's going to have to hit these guys right between the eyes and stay on the offensive all the way to November.  Perhaps this is the one good result of him having to put up with Hillary's lies and attacks for the last year.  Looks like he's ready to take on the real bad guys.

Linky

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

some of the comments at the end of this story are pretty good.
User Image     
VoiceInTheCrowd wrote:
Ah yes, we knew it would start eventually.

I've resorted to getting my "news" from the Daily Show lately. At least Jon Stewart pokes fun at everyone equally. I'm so tired of all the bias and agenda pushing that it isn't worth watching major news shows any more. I don't need someone to tell me what I should think or believe; I can figure that out for myself. Too bad others can't.

THAT is an informed guy.  why not just restrict all contact with the outside world to DU?  that would
be about as unbiased as jon stewart. :whatever:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Yep, the water carrying is now out in the open. As if it wasn't already! Expect more flowery prose about the Barackstar! and McCain to be painted as an angry old white guy. *eyeroll*
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Willow

• Limousine
what lies did the swift boater's tell?

:popcorn:

Offline Mr Mannn

Hamas DID endorse Barry Obama. Obama did NOT repudiate that endorsement.

So then, how is mentioning TRUTH a smear?
This is the tactic: any criticism of Barry the Magic Negro will be labeled as racist.

Start a few attacks now so the cry of wolf/racist wears out by Sept.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
The Houston Chronicle?

There is a web site set up to counter what they print.  It's an awfully good site. 

http://www.chronwatch-america.com/
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.