Author Topic: DUmmie discovers information on a public website is *gasp* not private!  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
I'm shocked, shocked to find information posted on a public website is OMFG public information.

A large campfire with a number of the usual suspects, Queen Nad's, Stupid Beth, Kali, etc.

BeHereNow
Tue Feb 28, 2012, 03:05 AM

I need to discuss a very serious situation- so serious I have written to Skinner about it.

Last edited Tue Feb 28, 2012, 04:39 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Damn it! Forgot the stinky link again.  http://www.democraticunderground.com/124054685
 I will not name names, but I will tell the community the details as I understand them to be.
 All parties involved will remain anonymous.

Firstly, let me say to the offender/s, HAVE you NO shame or sense of decency?

You have lurked in the Mental Health forum and sent PMs to other members about
what you have learned about other people's medical struggles.

I repeat: HAVE YOU NO SHAME?

Mental illness is a very real and difficult struggle for many people-
both those afflicted and the family members who love and support them.

Above all, WE in the Mental Health Group, love and support one another through our battles
 with mental illness, in ourselves and our family members.

To think that ANY, member on DU would lurk in our "safe space" to gather personal medical information to hurt one of us
 to suit a personal agenda is DESPICABLE to me.

I sincerely hope you are never faced with dealing with mental illness.
In the meantime, show some decency for those of us who are.

And again- SHAME on you.
You are the slime of humanity to reveal private suffering to achieve your agenda
 to exclude members who fight bravely on a daily basis to survive.

I am so disgusted by this break from decency among certain members that I can't
say anymore, except, you are despicable human beings.

BHN

Oh uh, now the DUmmies have done it!  Bendoverhere is contacting the Skammer for possible discipline.

In other news, snow is still cold, and fish still prefer water.....

"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: DUmmie discovers information on a public website is *gasp* not private!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
I'm shocked, shocked to find information posted on a public website is OMFG public information.

A large campfire with a number of the usual suspects, Queen Nad's, Stupid Beth, Kali, etc.

Oh uh, now the DUmmies have done it!  Bendoverhere is contacting the Skammer for possible discipline.

In other news, snow is still cold, and fish still prefer water.....

I think they should call up a jury and vote on it.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 04:59:40 PM »
Whew.

<<wiping sweat off brow.

I thought for sure this referred to decent and civilized people, but instead it seems to refer to the BeHereNow primitive's fellow primitives.

The BeHereNow primitive, while not of the 1% most certainly of the 3%, always posting from the side of her private swimming pool in an affluent neighborhood of Los Angeles, is an attorney.

Surely she didn't get through law school being this stupid, not aware that (a) when one posts on a public message-board, the whole world is one's audience, including people one prefers not be in the audience, and (b) the corrupt, venal, self-serving, nature of the primitives to take advantage of other primitives.

Surely she's not this stupid.

Or perhaps not.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 05:07:20 PM »
Someone once said that going to the DUmp for mental illness help is like holding an AA meeting in a bar.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »
Link?

I want to see what the primitives are yapping about it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 05:14:20 PM »
I withdraw my request.

The link's embedded inside the quote.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
Okay, I went and observed this campfire.

It's a very big one.

This reminds me of the Scamdal, when poor stupid Beth was weaving her lies, and complained that "freepers" were "stalking" her, when in fact "freepers" were merely reading what she was lying about on a public forum.

During coffee-break with an attorney about that time, I mentioned poor stupid Beth's paranoid delusions.

To which he commented, "Well, if she chooses to strut around bare-assed naked down Main Street at noon, she can't expect to have any control over who sees her."
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 05:31:19 PM »
Certain forums should remain off-limits and IMO the mental health forum is 1 of them. Politics is fair game, but the mental and physical health of a person isn't.

ETA: just read the entire OP, and that rule should apply to the people at DU too.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »
BeHereNow
Tue Feb 28, 2012, 03:05 AM

I need to discuss a very serious situation- so serious I have written to Skinner about it.

What a nut. And the DUmp nuthatch is one of the funniest forums they have.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »
Certain forums should remain off-limits and IMO the mental health forum is 1 of them. Politics is fair game, but the mental and physical health of a person isn't.

That wouldn't help the 3%er the BeHereNow primitive any, because primitives could still read the forum.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 05:37:22 PM »
I have no idea what the hell they're yammering about.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 05:39:50 PM »
That wouldn't help the 3%er the BeHereNow primitive any, because primitives could still read the forum.

I think certain forums should be made private and access should be granted to those who want to read or post there.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »
Glad to see some primitives are getting up-to-speed on airing private matters on a public messageboard - Several of us here have pointed out the foolishness of that notion before.

Honestly, I feel DU needs to remove the forum altogether. Its very existence is akin to Skins having 'Sue me, please' tattooed across his forehead. The mental health's forum SOP will not protect them if someone, somewhere does something stupid that they read at DU thinking it would 'help'

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 05:58:29 PM »
I withdraw my request.

The link's embedded inside the quote.
Yeah, I kind of jacked that up.  I edited my original post and it somehow magically appeared in the DUmmie's post.  I'm slowly getting the hang of this technology stuff, but it has been an uphill battle.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
Several of us here have pointed out the foolishness of that notion before.

Uh huh.

Constantly.

For years.

But the primitives don't pay any attention to well-meant advice and counsel from us.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 06:00:21 PM »
Yeah, I kind of jacked that up.  I edited my original post and it somehow magically appeared in the DUmmie's post.  I'm slowly getting the hang of this technology stuff, but it has been an uphill battle.

No problem, sir.

I'd rather have things posted here incorrectly, than have things not posted here at all, the member thinking, "Oh, but if I put this up, I'll screw it up."

You do good.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dixierose

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »
Nadin has shown up...was there any doubt?

nadinbrzezinski
87. Not naming names

but there are are a few members that do not abide by any community standards and get away with a lot of shit.

It is a few... and they are a problem.

I know Ignore is not an ideal solution.. in fact from the solution. But that is what some here will suggest.

The real solution is that these people be shown the door.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 06:02:42 PM »

ETA: just read the entire OP, and that rule should apply to the people at DU too.

I agree that making fun of a person's mental and physical health are off limits even when it comes to the DUmmies.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of posting sensitive personal information on a public website and then getting butt hurt when it gets out.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 06:19:47 PM »
I can't tell the difference between the mentally ill primitives and those that consider themselves to be normal.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 06:28:30 PM »
I repeat: HAVE YOU NO SHAME?
:sad1:

Shame is an outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.  Damn, don't you DUmmies know nothing? :-)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »
I agree that making fun of a person's mental and physical health are off limits even when it comes to the DUmmies.

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of posting sensitive personal information on a public website and then getting butt hurt when it gets out.

I totally get the reason why you posted the thread and I'm not berating you for it, just the thought that someone violated something so private is just icky. I kind of go with the "there but for the Grace of God go I". I think almost everyone has at least a relative with mental health issues, myself included, and I watch this relative doing her best to lead a normal life but it's hard, she's working, going to school and dealing with mental illness, it's a frightening thing.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 06:34:21 PM »
Some libs are quite intelligent, until they get around other libs, then their full body blind spot kicks in. Ann Coulter wrote about this in her book demonic.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
I totally get the reason why you posted the thread and I'm not berating you for it, just the thought that someone violated something so private is just icky. I kind of go with the "there but for the Grace of God go I". I think almost everyone has at least a relative with mental health issues, myself included, and I watch this relative doing her best to lead a normal life but it's hard, she's working, going to school and dealing with mental illness, it's a frightening thing.
I know you weren't getting on my case, I just don't understand how they think that anything they post in public will be kept private.

I agree, everyone struggles at some point in their life, or at the very least has someone close to them that does.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 07:24:01 PM »
Hmmm. Making the Mental Health forum private still won't solve the problem.
DUmmies went there in the first place to mine personal information. They'll just sign up and mine the info anyways. And lets not forget, there is always room for sock puppets at DU.

People sign up at private forums just for this stuff.
Bottom line: If you air it out on the net, there is really NO expectation of privacy.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 07:36:48 PM »
I know you weren't getting on my case, I just don't understand how they think that anything they post in public will be kept private.

I agree, everyone struggles at some point in their life, or at the very least has someone close to them that does.

Yep, there are just some things you need to keep private, unless it's a private forum then you really need to find an online community dealing with mental health issues that's not open to the public.