Author Topic: for shoes?!!!  (Read 1821 times)

Offline jtyangel

Re: for shoes?!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2012, 06:28:08 AM »
They are so ugly too

I wouldn't mind the actual color(not the sole though) on a normal woman's athletic shoe. the problem with all this is that Nike's in various shades, styles, etc are a status symbol in certain communities. The more and varied you have the better and Nike has catered to this cultural norm. I get so ticked when I hear this same 'culture' then try to throw backlash at Nike who has actually catered to the consumer habits of this particular culture. It seems in some neighborhoods one is damned if one does and damned if one doesn't. And ultimately, it's the barbaric behavior of those trying to obtain their status symbol that deserves the scrutiny, not the company trying to cater to their cultural peculiarities.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »
Take heart, folks--the people spending big bucks and waiting days on end for these shit-looking shoes they'll get shot for wearing aren't the type of people who use their own money for their purchase.

Just sayin, yo.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2012, 09:54:05 AM »
BEG seriously I love those shoes!!!  My son is obsessed with shoes so when we go to the mall we go to every shoe store to look at basketball shoes.  I wouldn't wear them, but I think they look awesome.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 11:49:30 AM »
Take heart, folks--the people spending big bucks and waiting days on end for these shit-looking shoes they'll get shot for wearing aren't the type of people who use their own money for their purchase.

Just sayin, yo.
It's also a perfect illustration of why there is income (or asset) inequality in our society.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.