Author Topic: French Vogue puts plus size woman on cover  (Read 20799 times)

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
Re: French Vogue puts plus size woman on cover
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »
Gina I was 5'3'' as a full grown woman, time and age has me at 5'1" as  the bones do shrink as we age.  Hard to believe I lost 2 inches in height, but it happens, I watched a grandmother go from 5' 8" to 5' 4" in her life.  My Dad at 5'10 shrunk to 5'5" and my mom at 90 went from 5'2" to 4' 10" today---Darn she is just a little bitty Mommy now.

Interesting what will happen to my youngest daughter that as an Adult hit 5' tall when she gets up there in age. We call her the midget of the family now, at 50 she will shorter then her grand kids.

Bone structure has much to do with weight, at 20 years old I had a doctor tell me that if my bones were less dense I could glue feathers on my body and fly-----NO shit.

I have broken most every bone in my body through the years, by the time I was 5 I had broken my right arm twice.  Horse back riding and falling off, chipped bones, and ice skating an ankle.  Both knee caps shattered in a less then 3 inch fall at different times ,shoulder broken in 3 places in a fall, all covered by OCHA, work place hazards,  and any if not all ribs cracked at one time or another.

As small as my bones were it is a wonder I could have born 4 children and not broken my Pelvis.  At the time of birth I was sure this would happen, it definitely felt like something was getting ready to let go.--------Woman to woman here fortunately all my baby's were 4 pounds and less, thank God they just fell out fast.  { last baby had the seat imprints from the car seats on her forehead, it was that close.}     3 kids sat in the car at midnight alone, I was taken into the hospital and 20 minutes later their dad came out to drive them home. WE HAD A GIRL.

Only good thing I can say for having small bones and low weight is NO ONE ever dared to confront me, hit me slap me or push me,  to do so was to face attempted murder charges or to kill me out right.    Now had I been just a bit larger, weighed more, life would have been different back then.  Only now do I realise how it was DNA that helped me survive, and today I thank God for the protection I had.

Now Today I would love to get fat and happy, try something different, Chubby cheeks take out the wrinkles and crows feet.

my mom has compression fractures along her vertebrate. she has had kyroplasty or however it's spelled (filling cracks with cement) but she is in horrible condition.  I have never had a broken bone or cavity so I feel really sorry for you.  I hope I don't shrink........ :panic:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
my mom has compression fractures along her vertebrate. she has had kyroplasty or however it's spelled (filling cracks with cement) but she is in horrible condition.  I have never had a broken bone or cavity so I feel really sorry for you.  I hope I don't shrink........ :panic:

I've lost an inch in height somewhere over the last few years . . . oddest thing!  I've always been 5'8 ever since I was 11 (early bloomer and all that). Every dr. visit, the same -- 5'8".  About a month ago, I was standing next to someone I know is the same height and I found myself looking up a little. Got the tape measure and measured myself a few times and then asked him to measure me too and WTH . . . now I'm 5'7"!?  :panic:
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2012, 02:28:47 PM »
I've lost an inch in height somewhere over the last few years . . . oddest thing!  I've always been 5'8 ever since I was 11 (early bloomer and all that). Every dr. visit, the same -- 5'8".  About a month ago, I was standing next to someone I know is the same height and I found myself looking up a little. Got the tape measure and measured myself a few times and then asked him to measure me too and WTH . . . now I'm 5'7"!?  :panic:

Quit taking hot baths.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline njpines

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • In Memoriam
  • Hi, I'm Sue!
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2012, 02:39:31 PM »
Piney Power!!

Grow your own dope -- plant a Democrat!

"We will preserve for our children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."  -- Ronald Reagan.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you." -- Quest for the Holy Grail

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »
I would like to know if anyone would answer my question.  Does seniority rule here at this website?  

No, but senility might.   :-)
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2012, 03:41:01 PM »
Quit taking hot baths.

What Bad cat, you want to be with a woman that takes a cold bath or shower for 30 seconds ?????    Screw you, you try cleaning yourself in cold water every day for a month.   Time you can get a HOT shower will feel better then sex.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2012, 04:12:11 PM »
 :stupidpeople:

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
Wow, this thread blew up today  :lmao:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »

I am in awe. :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
I am in awe. :lmao:

The sex, booze and bacon supreme leader.  :hyper:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2012, 05:03:51 PM »
The sex, booze and bacon supreme leader.  :hyper:

There was a time when I had the whole forum in a lather.  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »

How the eff did I miss this ?
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:33 PM »

a tizzy as it were.... :bow: :bow: :cheerleader:

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2012, 05:11:25 PM »
a tizzy as it were.... :bow: :bow: :cheerleader:

Don't forget the 'so forth', that always gets a rise out of the guys.   :lmao:

By the way, it is great to see you jty.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2012, 05:21:31 PM »
Don't forget the 'so forth', that always gets a rise out of the guys.   :lmao:

WE call the so forth in dance 'dropping it low'  :-*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYq91nUa9OM

I know some will poo poo it, but your quads and hiney are on fire after doing that for an hour :lmao: It's a good fire.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2012, 05:24:28 PM »
"Dropping it low" in OWSese, is the equivalent of a mud falcon.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2012, 05:25:24 PM »

I know some will poo poo it, but your quads and hiney are on fire after doing that for an hour :lmao: It's a good fire.

Oh how vulgar, I love it.  :lmao:

You ought to try belly dancing, a little less impact and it gets you toned to the core.

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »

You ought to try belly dancing, a little less impact and it gets you toned to the core.

I would love to try belly dancing  :-* 

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2012, 05:32:18 PM »

Problem is..I love the impact :popcorn: :rotf:

We incorporate some of that in dance too..I love it, but I do love all kinds of core work. I'm the sicko who likes planks, even better when push ups are involved. I heart core work...I heart heart heart it! :-)

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2012, 05:35:39 PM »
I would love to try belly dancing  :-* 

I took  Belly fusion classes with my daughter. It is a mixture of tribal and egyptian dance techniques, I think you would like it. If you lived closer, we could all carpool.  :-*

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2012, 05:57:17 PM »
"Dropping it low" in OWSese, is the equivalent of a mud falcon.

Ew....  :-)

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2012, 05:58:16 PM »
Problem is..I love the impact :popcorn: :rotf:

We incorporate some of that in dance too..I love it, but I do love all kinds of core work. I'm the sicko who likes planks, even better when push ups are involved. I heart core work...I heart heart heart it! :-)

This makes me tired just reading it!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2012, 06:01:27 PM »

So's a good spanking...

:whistling:

"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2012, 09:41:43 PM »

Yep. This morning!

lol.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2012, 07:50:35 AM »
What Bad cat, you want to be with a woman that takes a cold bath or shower for 30 seconds ?????    Screw you, you try cleaning yourself in cold water every day for a month.   Time you can get a HOT shower will feel better then sex.

Oh dear, you really are "special", aren't you?
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7