Author Topic: Omaha Steve gives a shout out..  (Read 1282 times)

Offline formerlurker

Omaha Steve gives a shout out..
« on: February 12, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »
Omaha Steve

A question for DUers from a former DUer (have at it)

Last edited Sun Feb 12, 2012, 03:42 PM USA/ET - Edit history (2)

This is copied from a far right leaning blog. They asked a question of DUers and we get the chance to answer for a change.

From a former DUer......

Gas is over $3 and in some places near $4. Food inflation is so high that you guys have threads devoted to bargain-shopping. Obama approves of drones filling the AMERICAN skies. Guantanamo is STILL open and will be for the foreseeable future. Obama and his attack dog, Cankles Clinton, have aircraft carriers circling Iran. The feds bust medical marijuana clinics whenever their stash runs low. Your Occupy Wall Street movement has become exactly that: a movement, only of the bowel variety. All that, plus more and more of the jobs that your unions have bargained for you the right to show up at drunk and high are going overseas.

Gotta ask - WHAT exactly do you see in your Dear Leader?

Gas was $1.80 when Obama took office. Not the day of the election, mind you: the DAY HE TOOK OFFICE.
http://sync.democraticunderground.com/1002302960

I guess my question to Steve is why not come over to answer?    Also, how do you have anytime to post at the DU when you are in the middle of a campaign to unseat an incumbent.   Weekends should be spent attending every local event on the calendar.   Shaking hands and expressing your views.

What gives dude?

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
Re: Omaha Steve gives a shout out..
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »
Distressed American tried to do the same thing a few years ago...Nothing came of it.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »
Ooops, a duplicate post, but I'll let it stand by itself, so as to give the big guy maximum exposure here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 04:05:52 PM »
Ooops, a duplicate post, but I'll let it stand by itself, so as to give the big guy maximum exposure here.

I am sorry -- I didn't see it posted.   :(

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 04:06:25 PM »
I am sorry -- I didn't see it posted.   :(

Carl has one here too, but don't worry about it.

Twice the fun.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:22:38 PM »

What a nice gesture Frank, the big guy could really use the exposure.

It's gonna be funny as hell when his thread over there gets more replies than the votes he will get in his upcoming campaign. :rotf:
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

"Get some lumber, build a bridge, and get the hell over it" - Unknown

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »
What a nice gesture Frank.....

I'm a nice guy, one of the nicest guys one can ever hope to meet.

Everybody else in the whole wide world seems to think so, excepting the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 04:47:12 PM »

Sun Feb 12, 2012, 05:27 PM

grasswire

75. I have seen the original.

It is from the site that used to be unmentionable on DU but is not unmentionable now. It is a site that exists to pester DU-ers. The site is run by Fred Grady -- a man whose name was that of an infidel to DU-ers just a few years ago because of his involvement in the Andy Stephenson matter. Fred Grady goes by the pseudonymn franksolich on freerepublic and on his web site. He is a shape shifter who considers himself a "skilled agent provocateur" in his own words.

There's more, but anyone interested can follow their own trails. Google Fred Grady Andy Stephenson if you wish, and many old DU threads will pop up. Wingnuts have tried to plaster google with all manner of disinformation, but the truth can still be found.

Uh uh Frank, the pie primitive and her little red wagon are on your trail, she being a trained "forensic editor" and all.

I'm certainly glad you left a trail for her to find her way over here.  You might have to help her find her way out though, she doesn't strike me as being too smart.
"Don't argue about difficulties. The difficulties will argue for themselves."  - Winston Churchill

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 04:49:55 PM »
I'm a nice guy, one of the nicest guys one can ever hope to meet.

Everybody else in the whole wide world seems to think so, excepting the primitives.

Well you know the primitives, up is down, good is bad,....you get the picture.

I wouldn't worry much, they will get distracted by the next shiny object that comes along.  They seem to have the attention span and brain power of a goldfish.

Offline Ogre

• What Cat?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 04:57:19 PM »

Response to WhoIsNumberNone (Reply #65)

Sun Feb 12, 2012, 05:15 PM

Omaha Steve

72. Omaha Steve is one of their favorite targets

I wonder why?

Oh, the weeper is implying that he is the #1 Dummie.  Not so, the #1 DUmmie is the Queen of Condescending, the Reporter of Renown, the Captain of Crunch, Nadine.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
Well you know the primitives, up is down, good is bad,....you get the picture.

Yeah.

I dunno how many times I've read a primitive commenting about what "nice people" the late Ann Richards and the late Molly Ivins were.

They were wretched nasty mean miserable old bitches.

Sometimes it's hard to believe decent and civilized people, and the primitives, live on the same planet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 06:28:09 PM »
Uh uh Frank, the pie primitive and her little red wagon are on your trail, she being a trained "forensic editor" and all.

I'm certainly glad you left a trail for her to find her way over here.  You might have to help her find her way out though, she doesn't strike me as being too smart.

Actually, in a way, I've developed a little fondness for the fecund grasswire primitive.

Believe it or not, she's reading all my posts on freerepublic.....which is a Hell of a lot of reading.  A fan of mine that dedicated, is a rare thing.  She might not be too bright, but in any IQ race, she'd put Pedro Picasso in the shadow. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »
Response to WhoIsNumberNone (Reply #65)

Sun Feb 12, 2012, 05:15 PM

Omaha Steve

72. Omaha Steve is one of their favorite targets

I wonder why?

You very publicly threw your hat in a race from a forum you're a fool to want your opponent to get a hold of,  it's like a train wreck - we can't look away.

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 06:34:47 PM »
Didn't know Molly ivans was dead. She did once partially stick up for O'reilly once.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 06:35:36 PM »
You very publicly threw your hat in a race from a forum you're a fool to want your opponent to get a hold of,  it's like a train wreck - we can't look away.

Uh huh.

And it fills my person with fear and foreboding, what an ass my fellow Nebraskan's going to make of himself.

And by extension, all Nebraskans, because there aren't that many of us.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 06:37:23 PM »
Didn't know Molly Ivins was dead.

Yeah, for a few years now.

When she died, the primitives commemorated the nasty hate-filled bitch as if she'd been Mother Teresa.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 06:39:12 PM »
mmonk
95. I don't know how he is responsible for the gas prices. I didn't know

he was a speculator or in that business. Don't agree with with drone thingy, Guantanamo still open or the Iran thingy (the things all Republicans except Paulies are for). If you think Occupy is the problem, then you worship corporate rule and crony capitalism, the creators of all you have mentioned including your inability to connect the dots.

Your Political enemy,

mmonk

How's that?

Dang, I guess he told us but good.   

:whatever:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
Dang, I guess he told us but good.   

:whatever:

Actually, madam, I'm not exactly sure what it is the monastic primitive told us.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 07:05:16 PM »
She might not be too bright, but in any IQ race, she'd put Pedro Picasso in the shadow. 
Well, in an IQ race most anyone, with the exception of poor, stupid Beth and Sheila Jackson Lee, would trounce stupid DUmmy atman.

Poor, addled grasswire may not be entirely stupid.

She's afflicted, addled, not "right", wandering the streets bundled in multiple overcoats, pulling her little red wagon heaped with devil strip detritus, mumbling about the pie shop that will never happen.

Maybe, like the guy from my hometown, she collects hair from the barbershop floor in little medicine bottles.

It's genetic, like Pam Dawson, or Dustin Hoffman in "Rain Man".

In some obscure niche, like years-old Free Republic threads, she may have encyclopedic knowledge.

But she still can't function among normal people.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »
Poor, addled grasswire may not be entirely stupid.

In some obscure niche, like years-old Free Republic threads, she may have encyclopedic knowledge.

But she still can't function among normal people.

I'm wondering if she's read franksolich far back enough to have read my piece about Floyd the cat.

That to this day is considered one of the best pieces by anybody, ever, (non-political) to appear on freerepublic, even though it's very long.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 07:57:39 PM »
I read the full primitive thread and not a single answer to the questions asked is provided, except for a minor few who are still on the corporate-owned-gov't foolishness.  Virtually every answer they give are excuses they never would have permitted Bush to make, but they'll happily make them on behalf of Dear Leader.  The only primitive who even attempted to give a half-way adequate reason was someone named Spider Jerusalem, but even his explanation was the same ones they rejected during the Bush years.

Here's what the primitives can't seem to grasp: Gas and food prices spiking with lessening and/or stagnant wages means, in the real world, people aren't seeing improvement, they're seeing it get worse.  That's because it is getting worse.  Who gets the blame when things get worse?  That's right, the CEO.  That means Dear Leader gets the blame.  The gov't can put out all this info claiming that unemployment has dropped, things are getting better, etc..., but unless Joe and Jane Average are seeing it happen in their daily lives, then those numbers mean nothing.  And Joe and Jane Average aren't seeing it.  And class warfare won't work.

But, it's always fun to watch the anti-American trash on Skin's island try to cover for their own stupidity.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 08:00:02 PM »
.....every answer they give are excuses they never would have permitted Bush to make, but they'll happily make them on behalf of Dear Leader.

Oh, of course.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
Live and Learn
24. We may wish our "Dear Leader"

could accomplish more but at least we still have:

more affordable health care
contraception availability
a safety net
Social Security
lower unemployment
an improving economy
more troops out of the Middle East and home where they belong

None of which we would have if our "Dear Leader" had not been elected.
Click here to purchase valentine hearts!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The delusions of these people.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline jukin

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 10:19:29 PM »
Progressive = Hypocrisy + Hate + Intolerance + Ignorance

That thread emphasizes the Hypocrisy and Ignorance.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 07:52:31 AM »
That is some serious delusion by Live and Learn up there.  You can tell each other that crap in your little echo chamber all day long; nobody else in the real world is seeing that.  More affordable health care?  Everybody's premiums went up as of Jan 1, you dumbass. 

And, I would just like to point out that your revered god, Barack Obama, is the biggest, filthiest crony capitalist in the world.  In exchange for handsome campaign contributions and bundling, he "invests" in idiocy like Solyndra.  And everyone knows the Keystone was rejected because it would have competed with George Soros' investments.