Author Topic: Because IanDB1 is so much fun to read...  (Read 1396 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Because IanDB1 is so much fun to read...
« on: May 07, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »
IanDB1  (1000+ posts)       Wed May-07-08 07:06 PM
Original message
Thanks again, Florida! The world is lauging at us... again. 
[http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3256969]

Edited on Wed May-07-08 07:09 PM by IanDB1
US teacher sacked for performing magic trick
RIA Novosti, Russia - 12 hours ago
Jim Piculas, a relief teacher, made a toothpick vanish and reappear during a lesson. The trick was recorded on a cell phone camera. ...

Sub teacher claims fired for 'wizardry'
The Money Times, India - 17 hours ago
Jim Piculas said Pat Sinclair, who is in charge of substitute teachers for the Pasco County School District, called him to say the district would no longer ...

Muggles Sack Wizard
ShortNews.com, Germany - 19 hours ago
Jim Piculas, a substitute teacher at Rushe Middle School in Florida, has been fired after being accused of Wizardry. Piculas performed the disappearing ...

US teacher sacked after being accused of 'wizardry'
LIVENEWS.com.au, Australia - 21 hours ago
Jim Piculas performed a 30-second magic trick in which a toothpick disappeared and the reappeared in front of a class at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O ...

See prior thread:

NOT a joke: "Fla. Teacher Accused Of Wizardry - Man Made Toothpick Vanish In Class"
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

10 to 1 the teacher is a pagan...

OmmmSweetOmmm  (1000+ posts)       Wed May-07-08 07:09 PM
Response to Original message
1. We sound like a third world primitave country. Oh, yeah, we're getting there.
 Instead of evolving, we're regressing.

Oddly enough, I agree with you.

DS1  (1000+ posts)       Wed May-07-08 07:14 PM
3. It's time we rounded up the fundies (of all denominations)
 and jammed them in rockets and sent them to Heaven

And yet, they claim we are the facsists...

nathan hale (1000+ posts)       Wed May-07-08 08:47 PM
9. Too late!
 The world has been laughing at us for a good seven years now.

I've always blamed teevee and overinfatuation with spectator sports, myself, though I don't watch teevee nor sports myself.

Takes away the critical thinking skills, doncha know?

and writing ability, it seems...
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Because IanDB1 is so much fun to read...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 07:56:19 PM »
The Nathan Hale(why must he use that name)primitive prefers ballet and figure skating.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 07:58:49 PM »
I don't think the world's laughing at America.

I think the world's laughing at the skumbag primitive.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 07:59:54 PM »
Reporting half the story so much fun!  :hyper:

Assistant Superintendent Renalia DuBose denied the district ever used the word "wizardry" in its dealings with Piculas and said the magic trick was far down the list of reasons the sub is not being asked back.

The district said in a letter to Piculas that he was being let go because he did not follow lesson plans, allowed students to use computers despite being told not to by another teacher, and he left a student in charge during his fifth-period class.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/2008/05/07/watercooler_stories/8296/
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 08:25:17 PM »
^yeah but wizardry sounds so much better! :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 08:59:31 PM »
I must have looked at half a dozen copies of the same news article at different sites.  The UPI is the only one with the extra content.

How does something like this become news with only half the story getting reported?  Who contacted the news in the first place?  Firing a teacher is not a newsworthy event. 

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »
Reporting half the story so much fun!  :hyper:

Assistant Superintendent Renalia DuBose denied the district ever used the word "wizardry" in its dealings with Piculas and said the magic trick was far down the list of reasons the sub is not being asked back.

The district said in a letter to Piculas that he was being let go because he did not follow lesson plans, allowed students to use computers despite being told not to by another teacher, and he left a student in charge during his fifth-period class.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/2008/05/07/watercooler_stories/8296/

You don't expect them to actually search beyond the OP's subject line, do you? That's reserved for news and articles that don't fit their agenda.

They're so skeptical of anything the MSM tells them....unless it's compatible with their preconceived notions. Then the source suddenly becomes impeccable. :whatever:

You'd think they'd eventually get tired of being shown up as the unmitigated dumbasses that they are, but they just go blythely on from one intellectual fiasco to the next, leaving people pointing and laughing in their wake.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 06:12:54 AM »
I must have looked at half a dozen copies of the same news article at different sites.  The UPI is the only one with the extra content.

How does something like this become news with only half the story getting reported?  Who contacted the news in the first place?  Firing a teacher is not a newsworthy event. 

I did read a site yesterday, possibly the CNN version but I'm not sure, that had some further 'Rest of the story' where the sub said he had never been counseled for any of that and it appeared to him to be a completely ex post facto justification for a decision that seems completely bizarre on its face.  From defending many labor cases in courts, it would not surprise me at all that a goofball administrator would say "Wizardry" but the HR people would know better than to put anything that stupid in writing.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 08:32:06 AM »
What a state I live in! The male teachers get fired for wizardry and the female teachers go to jail for molesting young boys! I'm waiting for the real conspiracy nuts on DU to explain how this is really a fundy plot to get all students home schooled and shut down the public education system in Florida. The previous statement was on 1/2 sarcasm...
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 09:17:26 AM »
They're so skeptical of anything the MSM tells them....unless it's compatible with their preconceived notions. Then the source suddenly becomes impeccable.

SPOT ON!

This is just part of their superiorness. Why else would they all be basement dwelling losers?
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.