Author Topic: All kinds of parenting win!  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
All kinds of parenting win!
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
My new parenting hero! :lmao:[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kl1ujzRidmU[/youtube] Well played sir...Well played.... :-)
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
Re: All kinds of parenting win!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 11:54:01 AM »
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I would've destroyed the laptop though, I would give to some kid who would treat it and him with respect! She doesn't know how lucky she is to have one! My 15 year old granddaughter doesn't own one, and she may not until she's a senior or headed away to her first year of college!

Hope he posts an update! I sure would like to know what she has to say for herself!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
Laptops are more trouble than they're worth.  No way would I give one to a 15-year-old kid.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
AWESOME dad teaches his rebellious daughter a lesson
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 12:10:18 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1ujzRidmU[/youtube]

His page is lit up with supporters, and a few dipshit OWS-producing parents of "precious little snowflakes".

http://www.facebook.com/tommyjordaniii

Attention Media Outlets:
While we appreciate the interest you're all putting forth to get in touch with us regarding the video, we're not going to go on your talk show, not going to call in to your radio show, and not going to be in your TV mini-series.

Some of you think I made an acceptable parenting decision and others think I didn't. However, I can't think of any way myself or my daughter can respond to a media outlet that won't be twisted out of context. The Dallas news TV news already showed that in their brief 5 minute interview with the psychologist.

Additionally, there's absolutely NO way I'm going to send my child the message that it's OK to gain from something like this. It would send her a message that it's OK to profit at the expense of someone else's embarrassment or misfortune and that's now how I was raised, nor how she has been raised.

So I say thank you from all of us. If we have anything to say, we'll say it here on Facebook, and we'll say it publicly, but we won't say it to a microphone or a camera. There are too many other REAL issues out there that could use this attention you're giving us. My daughter isn't hurt, emotionally scarred, or otherwise damaged, but that kind of publicity has never seemed to be to have a positive effect on any child or family.

If you're a news outlet that wants to ask us a question, feel free to so via email. I'm sure by now my email address is easy enough to find. It might take me awhile to get to a response because I'd have to sort through the "Die you bastard" emails to find it, but we will respond if its something that we feel merits it. Otherwise, sorry... no interviews, no talk shows, no call-ins.

If we respond to anything, it will be on here, and it will be in a way that our words can't be misconstrued or edited for appeal to specific audience or shock value.

Now, I'm going to try to get to work for the day.
Best of luck to all of you out there... and PLEASE give my phone a break.

:bow:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »
Hopefully he can save his daughter from being a DUmmie... she is well on her way.

LOL, he was so pissed he never even took a puff of his cig.

Laptops are more trouble than they're worth.  No way would I give one to a 15-year-old kid.

My kids all have one collectively but they have to read to be able to get on it.  Basically a 1 for 1 deal.  For every minute they read they get a minute of computer time.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Rebel

• Administrator

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: AWESOME dad teaches his rebellious daughter a lesson
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »
Whoops! Didn't see it.

It's all good . . . !
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 12:52:22 PM »
Classic!
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Facebook parenting
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »
[youtube=425,350]kl1ujzRidmU[/youtube]

Offline Maxiest

Re: Facebook parenting
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

-Milton Friedman

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 01:30:47 PM »
Guess I wasnt paying attention.  Sorry for the dup.  :p

Offline longview

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 02:01:52 PM »
He was a little worked up, but I don't really blame him.

I would give to some kid who would treat it and him with respect!

I did give a car away that was supposed to go to one of my kids.  She refused to maintain it, and lied about maintaining it.  The last straw, when I called her on the lying was a flip remark, "Oh, you know cars aren't really my thing."  I threatened to find someone who's "thing" it was, and with the wave of a hand, she said, "Go ahead, I don't care."  I gave it to the hard-working son of a goofy single mom.  He used it to go to college and run his little brothers and sisters to town, when needed.  Now his wife uses it.  It must have over 200K miles on it, looks like crud, but is very well maintained.   :-)

Oh, man, did we have fireworks at home.  Quite a show.

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 02:05:50 PM »

I did give a car away that was supposed to go to one of my kids.  She refused to maintain it, and lied about maintaining it.  The last straw, when I called her on the lying was a flip remark, "Oh, you know cars aren't really my thing."  I threatened to find someone who's "thing" it was, and with the wave of a hand, she said, "Go ahead, I don't care."  I gave it to the hard-working son of a goofy single mom.  He used it to go to college and run his little brothers and sisters to town, when needed.  Now his wife uses it.  It must have over 200K miles on it, looks like crud, but is very well maintained.   :-)

Sounds like something I would do.

-Milton Friedman

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 02:41:57 PM »

I have 3 'puters and 2 laptops. I put way to much money and sweat into the things to destroy one. Daddy musta been one pissed off Mutha! Hope his daughter has finally got the message!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
I have 3 'puters and 2 laptops. I put way to much money and sweat into the things to destroy one. Daddy musta been one pissed off Mutha! Hope his daughter has finally got the message!

He's an I.T. techie. I think it was more of making a point to her rather than worrying about the property.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 10:56:03 PM »
I watched this video on my lunch break and was cracking up.  A co-worker of mine said it was "mean" of the dad not to pay the daughter for chores and he could see where she was coming from.  I told him I make my 2 1/2 year old do chores, unpaid.  He looked pissed.  :)
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline CG6468

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 11:08:23 PM »
I watched this video on my lunch break and was cracking up.  A co-worker of mine said it was "mean" of the dad not to pay the daughter for chores and he could see where she was coming from.  I told him I make my 2 1/2 year old do chores, unpaid.  He looked pissed.  :)

Tee-hee. I wish I could have been there!  :rofl:
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2012, 10:16:10 AM »

Future occupiers... 

Some of the comments on his Facebook and YouTube were so crazy.  These far left liberals don't want to teach their kids any responsibility or self worth.  They of course were bitching about violence.  It had nothing to do with violence it had to do with showing is daughter he was going to follow through with his word, good or bad.  His media responses on his Facebook where very articulate.  He blows the liberals Texas stupid Redneck stereotype out of the water.  He should join the Cave.

My parents gave me an allowance but it was not tied to my chores in anyway, it was like $2.25 a week or something.  It was more to teach me how to save, because I had to put a 1/3 in short term savings, 1/3 in long term savings, and could spend 1/3.  I started mowing lawns and raking leaves when I was about about 8.

-Milton Friedman

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »
That laptop was newer then anything I own.  :(

She might no realize it, but she's got parents who care which is something many don't. This guy is awesome, If I knew him I'd buy him a beer.

Maybe it'll help fix some of the self entitlement see seems to feel.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:58:05 AM by compaqxp »

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 11:01:49 AM »
Tommy Jordan
17 hours ago near Albemarle, NC
PS: CBS just called and offered us our own show. The ceiling of absurdity has just been reached.

-Milton Friedman

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »
Heh.

I've passed through Albemarle.  It's a nice little town.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2012, 08:22:10 PM »
There are TONS of responses. This one is great:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnB-KtX45lE&feature=related[/youtube]

He is Da BAWMB!

Offline FreeBorn

• Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »
..."And if I've got one left... I've got TWO left! plap plap...  :rotf: :lmao:

After all was said and done I sure hope Princess had the grace, the character and the humility to apologize to her father and everyone else she disrespected.

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin; And how do you tell an anti-communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." ~Ronald Reagan