Author Topic: I Baffled The Cashier at Safeway This Morning  (Read 2437 times)

Offline JakeStyle

I Baffled The Cashier at Safeway This Morning
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:33:12 PM »
Link

rsmith6621 (6,024 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

I Baffled The Cashier at Safeway This Morning

As many of you know Seattle has had a weather disaster with snow and ice for the past week. Well my power went out along with the Safeway store both mine and SW got our power back at 3:45am this morning. After digging my car out this morning I went to SW for a few things and gas for the car.

The difference between those who lost power and those who didn't in my town was whether your power line were underground or overhead. So I was going through the checkout and was talking weather with another customer who didnt lose power and he said he was glad that I got my power back on after 17 hours. I then mentioned that a great jobs bill would be to employ people burying our power lines thus ending for the most part the $$$$$$$ losses that happens when the power goes out.Plus the other related jobs it would create.

Well the cashier who's conservative husband just won a seat to the city council heard the conversation and looked over toward me and said how would that help the economy and just had that .... "JEEZ I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY LOOK" on her face. it was like she was saying with her face how come liberal/progressives always have the good ideas??

It was priceless.

:whatever:

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Re: I Baffled The Cashier at Safeway This Morning
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 08:36:21 PM »
Link

:whatever:

I was just about to bring this crap over.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 08:52:24 PM »
Rsmith needs to change the venue of his bouncies. Isn't this like the third or fourth one in a grocery store?

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 08:53:42 PM »
BS, you liar.
Never happened.
No bong.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »
The difference between those who lost power and those who didn't in my town was whether your power line were underground or overhead. So I was going through the checkout and was talking weather with another customer who didnt lose power and he said he was glad that I got my power back on after 17 hours. I then mentioned that a great jobs bill would be to employ people burying our power lines thus ending for the most part the $$$$$$$ losses that happens when the power goes out.Plus the other related jobs it would create.

My Husbands Aunt has underground power lines and we have over-head power lines, she lost power for 3 days during the Halloween Storm and she had to stay with us since we only lost power briefly.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Doc Savage

• Challenger of the Democratic faith
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 09:01:27 PM »
I don't think that the underground service gets power from the power station underground.  I have burried service, and it goes out all the time.  Seems those nasty trees, winds and ice storms knock down the overhead lines servicing the neighborhood, poof, no power.  Crap load easier to fix overhead lines than burried lines
You see, I don't care you how feel.  I really don't.  More importantly, neither does anyone else.  Only about 200 people on a planet of 7 billion actually care about your feelings, and that's if you're lucky.  The sooner you grasp this lesson, the better off you will be.  And since almost no one gives a damn what you do, say, think, or feel, appealing to your feelings when you encounter differences of opinion is not only illogical, but useless.

Offline Vagabond

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 09:04:04 PM »
It's a bouncy, but it shows what the DUmmie really thinks.  

Buried power lines still are more expensive to emplace, maintain, and replace than overhead power lines.  Not to mention the difficulty in burying power line in an established area, where property rights would increase costs(off to court we go) and roads (which will have to be dug up and taken out of service while the lines are placed) get in the routes that would be the most economically feasible then all of the power hookups to the houses would have to be alterred for the underground delivery.  The DUmmie would expect to see a hike in his electricity rates and a millage adjustment on his property tax to pay for all of this, right?

How much is the DUmmie willing to pay for this little economic stimulus?
There comes a time when even good men must run up the black flag of anarchy and slit throats. - H.L. Mencken

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 09:04:36 PM »
Are they lapping it up over there?

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 09:12:54 PM »
Moron.

Underground wires would still cause the electricity to go out.  What happens with earthquakes?  Does the earthquake say, "Oh no, we better look out for those power lines.  Don't want to leave them DUmmies without power for a day or longer."
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:42 PM »
I had underground utilities for seventeen years while living in the north with heavy snows, freezing rain, and severe pre-global warming winters.
As far as I know, we did not have even one minute of electricity outage during that entire time.

On the other hand, this is rsmithnumbers, one of the absolute DUmbest of all the DUmbasses, and the author of the lamest bouncies in town.

The hilarious cover letter he suggested for his wife's resume remains a DUmp classic.

Not one word of his story actually happened.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 09:21:07 PM »
Gee I guess that nicked cable cattywhompas across the street from me that caused my power to brown-out and pop on and off several times a day wouldn't have happened if it was buried deeper than the 5 feet it was huh dummies? It took 4 crews 2 weeks to fix it due to it being buried. All of which would have been avoided if it was on a pole.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »
All I can say to this, is  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »
When building a new neighborhood not only is it aesthetically pleasing to the eye but also cheaper upfront to use buried lines.

When poles already exist, passing a jobs bill that would would pay workers $45,000 for every $200,000 that the taxpayers pay would not be good for the economy DUmmie.  Not to mention the 300% over budget the project would run, causing taxes to go up even more.

DUmmies are so freaking short sighted it almost pisses me off.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 10:52:40 PM »
Nobody was paying attention to me, so I ripped off my shirt and ran into a Safeway and blurted out "Underground Power Lines" and everybody looked at me and were like, "Wow, how come liberals always have such great ideas!" And everyone was happy with me so I ran out into the street and was hit by a bus. The end.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 10:55:09 PM »
Boobiez?
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »
Nobody was paying attention to me, so I ripped off my shirt and ran into a Safeway and blurted out "Underground Power Lines" and everybody looked at me and were like, "Wow, how come liberals always have such great ideas!" And everyone was happy with me so I ran out into the street and was hit by a bus. The end.

I would have actually been more inclined to believe your version.
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 11:01:18 PM »
 :rotf:

We have underground lines.  If a transformer blows, we lose power for hours.  No wind, no rain, no snow, no ice.  It just blows out.

Imagine that.   :whatever:

Offline jukin

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 11:18:56 PM »
OH OH, I got an idea. We could pay 6 million people to break windows and then pay 12 million people to replace them all. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Golden Gate Bridge painting. The first groups heads east and then comes back west, rinse and repeat until everyone has a job.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline kraven

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 11:34:06 PM »
Hahaha, I love how he made the cashier's DH a city councilman, to "show" how he knew she was conservative. Since he just won the seat, I wonder if she can stop working at the Safeway now and become one of the 1%? :lmao:

Here is a grocery store tale:

Today was my kid's b'day and I needed to bring the obligatory cupcakes in to his class this afternoon. I went to the Super Walmart, because I wanted to. I walked to the bakery and looked at the cupcakes. There was one pack of 12 Angry Bird cupcakes, so I asked the baker lady if there was anymore at another place in the store (they sometimes have displays in assorted places). She told me there wasn't, but she would be happy to take some of the plain packs of cupcakes ( I needed 30 total)and deck them out with sprinkles and Angry Bird rings. And so she did. I thought it was a very sweet thing to offer and thanked her. And then I paid for my cupcakes and left. There were no political discussions, no applause, and no cops in bushes. Silly me, I thought that was how most folks grocery store experiences went.

They don't even try to be believable. In all my years of grocery shopping, I have never, not once, discussed politics with the cashiers, the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, and not with the other customers either.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 11:36:26 PM by kraven »

Offline Traveshamockery

• Nana to Kyle and Garrett
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 11:54:42 PM »
Hahaha, I love how he made the cashier's DH a city councilman, to "show" how he knew she was conservative. Since he just won the seat, I wonder if she can stop working at the Safeway now and become one of the 1%? :lmao:

Here is a grocery store tale:

Today was my kid's b'day and I needed to bring the obligatory cupcakes in to his class this afternoon. I went to the Super Walmart, because I wanted to. I walked to the bakery and looked at the cupcakes. There was one pack of 12 Angry Bird cupcakes, so I asked the baker lady if there was anymore at another place in the store (they sometimes have displays in assorted places). She told me there wasn't, but she would be happy to take some of the plain packs of cupcakes ( I needed 30 total)and deck them out with sprinkles and Angry Bird rings. And so she did. I thought it was a very sweet thing to offer and thanked her. And then I paid for my cupcakes and left. There were no political discussions, no applause, and no cops in bushes. Silly me, I thought that was how most folks grocery store experiences went.

They don't even try to be believable. In all my years of grocery shopping, I have never, not once, discussed politics with the cashiers, the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, and not with the other customers either.

Well, that's just a boring story.  Because that's what happens to most people when they go shopping.  When I'm shopping, I don't try to convert people to my way of thinking, I don't engage in political conversations with strangers or cashiers, and when I'm out shopping, the only thing I'm thinking about is how f****** our country is because of liberal policies and how much more shit is costing me for some utopian wet dream. 

:hammer:

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 12:17:46 AM »

The other day at the grocery store I was waiting in line and felt this overwhelming urge to blurt out "paper ballots now, we must destroy Diebold!!!" so I did. Everyone cheered and said in unison "right on right on right on" just like Rush says, which pissed me off because Rush is a fat racist homophobe 1%er.  :mad:

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 04:24:14 AM »
Boobiez?

If you like them in a 38 Long.   :lmao:

He probably confused the cashier because he used actual cash instead of his EBT card.
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 05:20:32 AM »
The one thing I bet was true is that she had to run out for gas and food AFTER the storm! :loser:
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 05:54:42 AM »
OH OH, I got an idea. We could pay 6 million people to break windows and then pay 12 million people to replace them all. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Golden Gate Bridge painting. The first groups heads east and then comes back west, rinse and repeat until everyone has a job.

That was exactly my thought too,a project such as proposed serves no purpose to advance anything and bring self sustaining growth.
It simply spends money to change something and once the change is made it is dead.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 07:00:45 AM »
Okay, boys and girls--time for the utility worker to chime in.

PSNH is the largest, but by no means only, power provider in New Hampshire.  They cover about 500K customers, with National Grid and Unitil picking up most of the rest.

To bury JUST PSNH's lines (existing and proposed) would take on the order of 40 YEARS, and cost (at current dollars) around $40-50 BILLION.  Guess who those costs are going to get passed on to?  It was estimated that the average customer's bill would be several hundred a month higher than they are now.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20111106/NEWS02/711069975

Just ONE utility, just ONE state.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford