Author Topic: DU for lurkers: "DUmmies," "primitives"  (Read 2121 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
DU for lurkers: "DUmmies," "primitives"
« on: May 06, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »
What with visitors becoming a larger and larger share of the people here, probably it would be a good idea to explain a couple of terms commonly used here, "DUmmies" and "primitives."

The usage of "DUmmies" and "primitives" varies a slight bit, but both terms are interchangeable.

The origin of "DUmmies" is obscure, but it is reasonable to speculate it first appeared on freerepublic circa mid-2001 (DemocraticUnderground having been founded in late January 2001), and was further popularized with P-J Comix's most-excellent DUmmie FUnnies in autumn 2004, and has since spread all through the internet.

"DUmmies" is derived, of course, from the acronym for DemocraticUnderground.

Many members of DemocraticUnderground protest at the name "DUmmies," but what is one to do?

My fellow alum Skins and the Democrat Leadership Council, which founded DemocraticUnderground are to be blamed; they picked the name "DemocraticUnderground," without pausing to think how the acronym would bring scorn and derision to Skins's Island.

If Skins and the Democrat Leadership Council had picked a name for Skins's island less amenable to a ridiculous acronym, then "DUmmies" would never have been invented.  Of all the possible variations of "DU," "DUmmies" was so obvious a blind man could see it.

So if someone doesn't like the term "DUmmies," blame my fellow alum and the Democrat Leadership Council.

Sometimes DUmmies refer to themselves as "DUers" on Skins's island, but from an aesthetic, er, unaesthetic, viewpoint, "DUers" doesn't cut it; the word itself looks very much like the profile of a Hapsburg, what with its sagging nose.

And so "DUmmies" it has to be; nothing else even comes close.

"Primitives" was coined on conservativeunderground, circa mid-2007.

A member of conservativeunderground, who sees words as pictures, images, was one day on Skins's island where the DUmmies were discussing the impeachment of Richard Cheney; for some reason, the discussion conjured up an image of angry painted dirty-loinclothed savages sitting at a camp fire, passing voodoo dolls of the vice-president around, grunting and groaning in slobbering ecstasy, smirking and wiggle-waggling their armpits at each other.

The term "primitives" is NOT meant to be derogatory of the natives of the South Seas, who of course live in a time and place much different from our own.  An environment hostile to the well-being of mankind, where one does what one can, to survive.  A decent civilized person could survive in such a place perhaps half a day, a primitive from Skins's island no more than half an hour, and a sub-primitive surely no more than a couple of minutes.

So when one thinks of the primitives of Skins's island, one has to think of them as European-derived primitives and sub-primitives, as Skins's real-estate is 97.8% or 98.7% (I forget which) white.

The primitives on Skins's island observe and practice many certain rituals also noticed by anthropologists studying natives of the South Seas, especially during the last half of the 19th century and the first third of the 20th century.

As mentioned before, "DUmmies" and "primitives" are interchangeable terms for the same thing, although one tends to use "DUmmies" when the primitives are merely being stupid, and "primitives" when the DUmmies are being savagely uncouth and barbaric.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: DU for lurkers: "DUmmies," "primitives"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 05:36:04 PM »
Sticky!!!  H5 to the Coach for the explanation!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 05:37:47 PM »
I was going to introduce "primiDUmmies", a bastardization of "prima donnas", in the near future.  I think this is as good a time and place as any.  It will describe the primitive DUmmies who get carried away by their own manufactured drama, hysterical imaginations, and lies.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 05:41:14 PM »
I was going to introduce "primiDUmmies", a bastardization of "prima donnas", in the near future.  I think this is as good a time and place as any.  It will describe the primitive DUmmies who get carried away by their own manufactured drama, hysterical imaginations, and lies.

I'll try, but I think it's too soon for another H5 for you . . .

But, again, Sticky this thread!!!!!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 06:03:02 PM »
Oh and DUmmies...we have statistical proof that your membership is no where near the claimed 100K you all love bragging about.
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 06:03:53 PM »
I was going to introduce "primiDUmmies", a bastardization of "prima donnas", in the near future.  I think this is as good a time and place as any.  It will describe the primitive DUmmies who get carried away by their own manufactured drama, hysterical imaginations, and lies.

Damn, you're good.

Almost as good as Freeper.

Prima DUmmies is great.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »
Oh and DUmmies...we have statistical proof that your membership is no where near the claimed 100K you all love bragging about.

That's planned for another installment of "DU for lurkers," where I describe the various characteristics of Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 06:19:03 PM »

That's planned for another installment of "DU for lurkers," where I describe the various characteristics of Skins's island.

Coach, I, for one, am waiting with baited breath.  I want to see this one.  I can then use it against one of the idiots of the Obamination where I work.

Chase her.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 06:24:09 PM »

Coach, I, for one, am waiting with baited breath. 

Does that mean your breath smells like worms?

Offline Amityschild

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Saved by Grace
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 07:51:21 PM »
Outstanding, Frank!   :bow:  Especially in this electing season, it is to be expected that more and more inquiring minds will be, well, inquiring  :naughty:  Of course, those minds will not belong to any DUmmies, primitives or the new category of Prima DUmmie.
"100 per cent of us die, and the percentage cannot be increased."
--C.S. Lewis   _______________________________________
Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
--Mark Twain

Offline stickyboot

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 08:01:52 PM »
Outstanding, Frank!   :bow:  Especially in this electing season, it is to be expected that more and more inquiring minds will be, well, inquiring  :naughty:  Of course, those minds will not belong to any DUmmies, primitives or the new category of Prima DUmmie.

I've got nominees in mind already.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 08:34:09 PM »

A flamming primadummie.

the word flows better that way, IMHO

"Thar I wuz!"    :salutearmy:

"Preach It, Borther!"   :kumbaya:

"Surrounded on all sides!"

"Amen! Praise God!"   :kumbaya:

"By stinking, flaming, PrimaDUmmies!"

:angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers:

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 08:38:53 PM by dutch508 »
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 05:13:08 AM »

A flamming primadummie.

the word flows better that way, IMHO

"Thar I wuz!"    :salutearmy:

"Preach It, Borther!"   :kumbaya:

"Surrounded on all sides!"

"Amen! Praise God!"   :kumbaya:

"By stinking, flaming, PrimaDUmmies!"

:angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers: :angryvillagers:

You've been reading TiT too long . . .  :tongue:

Chase her.

Offline West Coaster

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 05:12:32 PM »
Thank you, franksolich, for this and the other thread providing an introduction to democratic underground.  Being a novice in political internet boards, I never heard of them.  Based upon your introduction and reading some of the threads in this forum, I visited "Skin's Island" and am a bit shocked that so many people can express such virulently anti-American attitudes and opinions (I'm not questioning their right to do so. I'm more questioning why they would do so).  It seems as if they selectively take every view that is negative to the US, sometimes performing such mental contortions to justify their views that they would seem never to "unbend" again.

Once I have the opportunity to more fully read and understand their site, I look forward to contributing to this forum.
When we were at peace, Democrats wanted to raise taxes. Now there's a war, so Democrats want to raise taxes. When there was a surplus, Democrats wanted to raise taxes. Now that there is a mild recession, Democrats want to raise taxes.
-Ann Coulter

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 06:07:45 PM »
Thank you, franksolich, for this and the other thread providing an introduction to democratic underground.  Being a novice in political internet boards, I never heard of them.  Based upon your introduction and reading some of the threads in this forum, I visited "Skin's Island" and am a bit shocked that so many people can express such virulently anti-American attitudes and opinions (I'm not questioning their right to do so. I'm more questioning why they would do so).  It seems as if they selectively take every view that is negative to the US, sometimes performing such mental contortions to justify their views that they would seem never to "unbend" again.

Once I have the opportunity to more fully read and understand their site, I look forward to contributing to this forum.

You will never "understand" their site if you are close to rational.  You have to understand the liberal mindset.

It begins with ME.   *I* am the center of the universe. The reason *I* want to give other people's money away is it makes *ME* feel good. *I* have white guilt.

*I* didn't make good decisions (like getting a degree and getting a decent job), but The State needs to GIMME GIMME GIMME. Take away from those evil people who make real money and employ people.  They are evil (and, more important, LUCKY).

Also, it is taken as holy writ that the USA is Evil.  This gives them a reason to live.  The Vietnam War made the Hippies Very Important. Since then, they have had zero (or less) influence on anything. The only way they can Be Very Important again is to hare the USA and call into question everything about it.

The last thing to realize is that liberalism is all about hate.  They hate themselves, they really hate minorities and women (which is why they patronize them so badly -- they think minorities are too stupid to compete and need extra help).  They hate their families, they hate everything.  This hate comes from envy more than anything else.  They can't figure out how people can be happy, wealthy and well adjusted.  So, since there is no way for them ever to be so, they hate anyone who is.

These lenses may help you at least have an inkling of what they say over at $kin's island.  You will NEVER understand it (I hope -- for your sanity's sake).

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline West Coaster

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »
You will never "understand" their site if you are close to rational.  You have to understand the liberal mindset.

It begins with ME.   *I* am the center of the universe. The reason *I* want to give other people's money away is it makes *ME* feel good. *I* have white guilt.

*I* didn't make good decisions (like getting a degree and getting a decent job), but The State needs to GIMME GIMME GIMME. Take away from those evil people who make real money and employ people.  They are evil (and, more important, LUCKY).

Also, it is taken as holy writ that the USA is Evil.  This gives them a reason to live.  The Vietnam War made the Hippies Very Important. Since then, they have had zero (or less) influence on anything. The only way they can Be Very Important again is to hare the USA and call into question everything about it.

The last thing to realize is that liberalism is all about hate.  They hate themselves, they really hate minorities and women (which is why they patronize them so badly -- they think minorities are too stupid to compete and need extra help).  They hate their families, they hate everything.  This hate comes from envy more than anything else.  They can't figure out how people can be happy, wealthy and well adjusted.  So, since there is no way for them ever to be so, they hate anyone who is.

These lenses may help you at least have an inkling of what they say over at $kin's island.  You will NEVER understand it (I hope -- for your sanity's sake).

I think you're correct, freedumb2003.  For example, I'm interested in visiting South America next year and, therefore, looked at a number of threads by "Judi Lynn" and "Joanne98."  I find some of their statements and their selection of facts unbelievable.  I know there are extremes on both sides, but I hope I never meet anyone on the conservative side as "far out" as that pair.

I don't want to divert franksolich's thread providing information, so I think I'll start a thread here focusing upon one of these two to illustrate my meaning.
When we were at peace, Democrats wanted to raise taxes. Now there's a war, so Democrats want to raise taxes. When there was a surplus, Democrats wanted to raise taxes. Now that there is a mild recession, Democrats want to raise taxes.
-Ann Coulter

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 10:17:11 PM »
Damn, freedumb2003, that is good.

That is great.

That's the whole thing in a nutshell.

I salute you, sir.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Morgan

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »
I've been looking at them.Primitive doesn't even begin to describe them.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 01:12:13 PM »
I've been looking at them.Primitive doesn't even begin to describe them.

It's sorta like sitting in a room watching the security cameras in a psycho ward.......

doc
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.