Author Topic: Chimpechment?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Chimpechment?
« on: May 06, 2008, 02:40:29 PM »
MartyL (592 posts)      Sun May-04-08 12:50 AM
Original message
Does anyone else wonder what happened to Kucinich introducing articles of Impeachment of Bush??
 Advertisements [?]Remember this??

In a brazen show of courage, Congressman Kucinich took to the House Floor yesterday and called Bush and Cheney the liars that they are.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWv-efvKoGA

"The President and Vice President lied and 4,000 of our soldiers died. The President and Vice President lied and a million innocent Iraqis died in a war that'll cost us two trillion dollars while people here in the states are losing their jobs, their health care, their homes, their dignity. Lies are weapons of mass destruction. Lies are also an impeachable offence. Monday, January 28th is the State of the Union. We already know the State of the Union, it's a lie."

Kucinich has vowed to Introduce Articles of Impeachment of Bush on the day of the State of the Union January 28.
http://peacecandidates.com/blog/nadia/01/24/kucinich_in...

....but then...

From David Swanson
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_david_sw_080211...

"Kucinich had planned to introduce articles of impeachment against Bush on the day of the State of the Union and then changed his mind. He did so because of the attacks he is under in his primary election in Cleveland, where the corporate media that has long opposed him paints national issues as in conflict with providing services to constituents. The election will consume Kucinich's time for the next few weeks, but he has not dropped his plans to eventually introduce the articles of impeachment."

This is what he posted on his own Congressional site, after everyone was watching C-SPAN waiting for him to introduce Impeachment as he has promised several days earlier...

"After making a statement on the floor of the House of Representatives last week indicating my intent to introduce articles of impeachment against George W. Bush, I met with members of the Judiciary Committee. After that brief meeting, I am hopeful there will be an inquiry by the
Judiciary Committee. I will give them the opportunity to proceed before introducing articles of impeachment."

http://kucinich.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?Docu...

Then he says in an interview
http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/linkframe.php?linkid=5...

"I stand on the side of the Constitution. I took an oath to defend the Constitution. And that oath really goes to the heart of what we're after. We're not after aggrandizement. We're not there for personal honor. We're there to represent the Constitution of the United States, the people of this country, and to protect the Constitution. That's the oath. We're not protecting the Constitution when we let this administration wage war without being able to stand on the side of truth. Because they're not standing on truth -- they're standing on lies. So I'm not going to let this go. Most voters understand that with an election in a couple of weeks, I've got some things I better take care of....

And I stand for the Constitution. I stand for a deeper sense of democracy. And I'm not going to set that aside just for a temporary idol of holding office."

Now it is months later....what gives? Am I the only one wondering??

VRWC, Baby!!!!

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sun May-04-08 12:56 AM
Response to Original message
1. They are distracting us with Obama and Wright, etc. 
 Edited on Sun May-04-08 12:56 AM by mac2
They hope we will forget about it. Why aren't we demanding it of Obama and Clinton? It was our mandate in 2006. Do either of them have to be President to push it forward?
States have demanded impeachment so it is the law that Congress follow up on it. That's what I understood anyway.

Those litle pesky things called PROOF and CRIMES keep popping up DUmmie...

ashling  (1000+ posts)      Sun May-04-08 01:13 AM
Response to Reply #1
4. Impeachment has to begin in the House, not the Senate
 and after one of them is elected, the point will be moot... there won't be enough time to kick him out the

assling shows logic. assling is a ****ing freeper troll.

mac2  (1000+ posts)     Sun May-04-08 01:23 AM
Response to Reply #4
5. But criminal charges should still go forward. 

Those litle pesky things called PROOF and CRIMES keep popping up DUmmie...

Echo In Light (1000+ posts)      Sun May-04-08 08:31 AM
Response to Reply #14
15. Phony "wars" = Big $: too many complicitous people, WAY too many skeletons in the closet

MIHOP? Those litle pesky things called PROOF and CRIMES keep popping up DUmmie...

MartyL (592 posts)      Sun May-04-08 12:45 PM
Response to Reply #15
16. we need to find out just how many in Congress are criminals as well
 This is why we must demand Impeachment.

Bush does not deserve a salary when he leaves office and the millions we will pay for his secret service.

We need to demand accountability for all of the lost billions in Iraq and the war profiteering. If we end the war and recover some of the money stolen we can set the economy back on track.

I would start by looking for a [D] after their names...

alyce douglas  (1000+ posts)     Mon May-05-08 02:36 PM
Response to Reply #32
57. maybe Palfrey's murder will rest on cheney's doorstep.
 or he is one of the many clients who used the service, I hope there is a whistleblower out there and just names him.

What a sad little world they must live in...

MartyL (592 posts)      Sun May-04-08 06:58 PM
Response to Reply #20
40. I think Perry's death is suspicious myself
 And it did happen right after the first time Dennis said he would introduce Impeachment of Bush in December.

You see, they are planning on rewriting history and making Bush out to be some great leader and protector, and a call for Impeachment in the Congressional record wouldn't look so good.

::)

MartyL (592 posts)      Sun May-04-08 10:02 PM
Response to Reply #31
44. "may have been threatened or intimidated into keeping quiet and standing back"
 That is what I think too. We have to stop the Bush/Cheney mob because I have no doubt they are not going away with so much at stake, even when Bush leaves office.

:mental:

BUT- for me, the following dialog makes the whole thread...

LWolf  (1000+ posts)       Sun May-04-08 01:23 PM
Response to Original message
23. Don't I see you post this question here at DU every couple of months?
 I suggest you contact Dennis Kucinich and ask him. He can probably give you a more accurate answer than you'll find at DU.

He's very approachable, and very responsive, in my experience. Give it a try.
 Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
 MartyL (592 posts)      Sun May-04-08 02:30 PM
Response to Reply #23
24. I have contacted him
 and he has not responded.
I thought perhaps someone else had heard something.

But yes, I do keep asking the question because I think it is the most important thing that needs to be taken care of in this country, and from Dennis' words he thinks it is important as well. If he is being stopped by something/someone, then that is important as well and we deserve an answer.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Chimpechment?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 02:57:58 PM »
Hey, DUmbasses!  If Kucinich is being "stopped" by threats and intimidation then he isn't worth two cents to anybody and he needs to be out on his ass.  His congressional seat will live on without him.  He can resign and the nation will not collapse.  Get it?

If is REALLY important to Kucinich, he can resign and tell the world exactly why he is resigning.  If he doesn't have the character to do that, he ain't your friend and he damn well isn't going to rock any boats for you.

Offline jukin

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 04:25:45 PM »
I stand on the side of the Constitution.

And pray tell, what nation's Constitution would that be?  Well to be fair, what planet's Constitution would that be because it sure as hell is not that of the USA, planet Earth.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »
Hey, DUmbasses!  If Kucinich is being "stopped" by threats and intimidation then he isn't worth two cents to anybody and he needs to be out on his ass.  His congressional seat will live on without him.  He can resign and the nation will not collapse.  Get it?

If is REALLY important to Kucinich, he can resign and tell the world exactly why he is resigning.  If he doesn't have the character to do that, he ain't your friend and he damn well isn't going to rock any boats for you.

:clap: :clap:

BTW, H5!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.