Author Topic: E-Cigs and Vaporing  (Read 7220 times)

Offline Karin

E-Cigs and Vaporing
« on: January 17, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »
I posted this somewhere in the DUmpster, and Frank answered thus:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Karin on Today at 12:03:37 pm
I was able to cut waaay back by substituting vaporing (water vapor w/nicotine & flavor added).  It's awesome, especially playing cards and any other time you're concentrating (and can tend to chainsmoke).

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Wait a minute.  

I haven't heard about that remedy.  Do you have any details?

To which I replied that I'd meet him in the Lounge.  After NY state made cigs $10/pack, I knew something had to change.  I wasn't ready to quit.  I saw an ad for the Blue e-cig on the net.  I was excited to try it, and bought one.  It was underwhelming, just didn't do it for substitution.  It was weak, and decided on its own when you'd had enough.  Don't tell me what to do!   :lmao:   Then I found this forum:

E-Cigarette Forum

These people are very enthusiastic, and very knowledgable.  Kind to noobies.  They have tickers in their sig lines, saying "I have saved $2,535 by vaping."   So, in reading and asking around, I settled on a new device, called the eGo Joye, it seemed very popular.  This one did the trick in substituting, because you get a nice plume of vapor, a very good flavor.  You breathe something in, breathe out a plume of smoke, and get your nic fix in.  

Here is what it looks like:

It's held like a cigar, rather than a cigarette.  You push a small button while breathing in.

A starter kit can be purchased here

Value Vapor dot com  for $45.   (This site has best prices and they are FAST in shipping.)

The forum mentioned above makes everything sound a bit confusing, but this device is very easy to use, and to figure out.  There's only 3 pieces.  Battery (bottom part), atomizer (middle part), cartridge (top part) into which you drip liquid of your choosing and nicotine strength (4 to 7 drops).  I use whiskey flavor.  A fourth part is a cover for the middle, and smooths everything out.  

You charge the battery, screw everything together, push the button, and breathe in.  There you go.  Vial of liquid costs $5 or so, and lasts a pack-a-day smoker about 2 weeks.  You drip more in when it seems dry, say, 3 cigs worth of puffing.  Atomizers, replace every 3-4 weeks, at $6 each or so.  

Expense:  $15-20 per month, vs. $300 in New York, CA, CT or any other liberal paradise.  No tar.  No morning hacking.  

P.S.  If anyone should order a starter kit, BE SURE to get a vial of e-liquid (100 flavors).  It really is key. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 04:01:22 PM by Karin »

Offline longview

Re: E-Cigs and Vaporing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:11:54 PM »
Thanks for the information.  

I have wanted to try vaporing and even bought a starter kit at a small town grocery.  The offers on the internet are overwhelming.  There is so much information on that site, too.  Seems very complex.

I'm going to try to find a flavor or two that sounds interesting, though, and give it a shot.  

The boss at work has said anyone who goes to vapor can even stay inside.  This morning it was -14.  I thought about e-cigs that first trip out. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:33:55 PM by longview »

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:29:16 PM »
I'm not much of a smoker, I have maybe 5-7 cigarettes a day. I hate the way it stinks up my condo, and I always worry that I am bothering the girl that lives above me, even if i smoke on my patio.  I recently bought the The VOLCANO Kit and have been pretty impressed.  Tastes just like a regular Marlboro but there is no smell, no ashes and no butt.  It recharges on my computer USB port in minutes and the refills are cheap compared to the price of regular cigarettes.

Offline longview

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:58:42 PM »
I'm not much of a smoker, I have maybe 5-7 cigarettes a day. I hate the way it stinks up my condo, and I always worry that I am bothering the girl that lives above me, even if i smoke on my patio.  I recently bought the The VOLCANO Kit and have been pretty impressed.  Tastes just like a regular Marlboro but there is no smell, no ashes and no butt.  It recharges on my computer USB port in minutes and the refills are cheap compared to the price of regular cigarettes.

Good info.  I'm saving that site since I like Marlboro's.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »
Posting just because I have thought about vaping before, and want to keep this thread as a possibility to come back to.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline JakeStyle

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 11:15:27 PM »
Good info.  I'm saving that site since I like Marlboro's.

They don't use liquids like the other products do, instead you have to buy cartomizers, which are disposable screw on refills.  One cartomizer lasts me about 2 weeks, they go for $11.99 for a 5-pack.  I get the regular tobacco flavor full strength ones.  They are a little bit more expensive than the liquid fill e-cigs, but still dirt cheap when compared to regular cigarettes.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 07:25:45 AM »
Jake, do you get a good plume of vapor with the Volcano?  Is that one push button or automatic? 

no smell, no ashes and no butt.
  That really is a huge advantage.  You can use it anywhere in the house without disturbing others.  It doesn't get into fabrics or your hair.  There's none of the dirt associated with ashtrays and ash, there's no fire, so you can leave it to go do something, or use it reading in bed, etc.  Use it while cooking.  If you need a quick fix but are very busy, you can take a drag or two, and not waste time and money by lighting up a real one and stubbing it out. 

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »
I have what is called the [fifty -one] bought it at the Mall.

Cartrages are way less expensive then a pack of cigarettes.      My Doctors not only approve of this item but encourage the smokers to use it.

Problem is the tobacco industry is not so happy with this device and when in a bar or restaurant after a meal fire it up, so to speak, may be asked to quit even though the vapor is just water vapor.

This is a nicotine delivery system that does not involve the lungs.   interesting.

The system mimics a real cigarette , a glow at the end of the divice and the water vapor mimics smoke.

It may take a few years before the bars and restaurants allow this at will all over the country.   So far I bought the system in the mall, went to the food court and after eating tried it out and was told not to do this by security that were standing not 200 feet from the seller and had 3 people trying it out.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 11:44:46 AM »
Have you heard about Libtards trying to get any form of vaping banned too though?

There's just no winning with these people... :censored:

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 11:51:05 AM »
I just quit smoking, that is all   :tongue:  (8/07)

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 11:57:03 AM »
Congrats. Keep it up!

And LOL @ your user title. Just noticed that, and I have never heard those two words placed together. :rotf:

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 01:25:52 PM »
Congrats. Keep it up!

And LOL @ your user title. Just noticed that, and I have never heard those two words placed together. :rotf:

Thanks!  I quit and it seems like I go back after around 5 years.  I have really been craving a cigarette lately.  Really bad.   :panic:  Just want that warm inhale down my throat and that buzz feeling :panic:  HELP!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
Thanks!  I quit and it seems like I go back after around 5 years.  I have really been craving a cigarette lately.  Really bad.   :panic:  Just want that warm inhale down my throat and that buzz feeling :panic:  HELP!

Don't do it Gina! Noooooooooooooooo!

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 01:41:38 PM »
Thanks! I wanted to try vaporing but had no idea if it was safe and what to use.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »
May I use that "Nope 2012" sig as well, Ballygirl?

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »
Don't do it Gina! Noooooooooooooooo!

Yeh, you are right.  I'll find something else to suck on.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 02:37:06 PM »
Everything you need at reasonable prices...good service too.
I have the Tornado Tank which is nice because it has an actual reservoir for the nic liquid, which beats the heck out of trying to re-saturate a piece of synthetic pillow stuffing.

They have the nic liquids in lots of flavours and strengths.  I use the "super strength" 36 mg liquid in "Tobacco" flavour.

Links removed at the request of Totally Wicked.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 02:05:46 PM by Thor »
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »
Yeh, you are right.  I'll find something else to suck on.

The mind wanders...

Need any ideas?  Volunteers? :lmao:
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »
The mind wanders...

Need any ideas?  Volunteers? :lmao:

I have a shitload of candy canes left over from Christmas!  :hyper:

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 02:49:31 PM »
I have been meaning to try one of these new fangled devices.  I have a friends who quit smoking entirely using one.

I got caught up in the plethora of info on the interwebz and just gave up looking.  I knew the ones at the gas station couldn't be that great, and the good brand was like $99 to start.  Of course I have spent like $1000 or more on Cigs since then...  
"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

-Milton Friedman

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »
I have been meaning to try one of these new fangled devices.  I have a friends who quit smoking entirely using one.

I got caught up in the plethora of info on the interwebz and just gave up looking.  I knew the ones at the gas station couldn't be that great, and the good brand was like $99 to start.  Of course I have spent like $1000 or more on Cigs since then...  

I took Wellbutrin sr for a week and then quit cold turkey on a monday.  1st 2 days were hard then it was easy peasy after that. 

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 02:53:28 PM »
I took Wellbutrin sr for a week and then quit cold turkey on a monday.  1st 2 days were hard then it was easy peasy after that. 

I took that and Chantix at the same time and still never completely quit.  I got down to 1 a day.  I am just in love with smoking... I have to do something soon though.

-Milton Friedman

Offline Karin

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »
Badcat, that Tornado Tank looks interesting, thanks for the link.  The starter kit is only $39.99!  (Note to others, do not pay $99 for anything.)  I'm wondering, that site sells liquid that's only tobacco flavored.  Can you use any other liquid, like the Dekang stuff, or is it special to the Tornado?

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 02:57:53 PM »
I took that and Chantix at the same time and still never completely quit.  I got down to 1 a day.  I am just in love with smoking... I have to do something soon though.

1 fag a day!  that's pretty good  :rimshot:

Offline Maxiest

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »
1 fag a day!  that's pretty good  :rimshot:

That's like the minimum at DU, oh and they smoke a lot of Cigs too. 

-Milton Friedman