Author Topic: I Fed A Hungry Person Today.  (Read 1942 times)

Offline shadeaux

I Fed A Hungry Person Today.
« on: January 14, 2012, 06:30:33 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002169599

Lunabelle (369 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

My ritual on Saturdays when I have to work is Chinese food. (My favorite!) I am walking to my car when this little, but obviously pregnant woman approached me and said she was hungry and hadn't eaten all day. I was saddened to tell her that I didn't have any money (true, no cash) and she said, "That's ok, but thank you anyway." I then said to her, "Wait, do you like Chinese Food?" Her face brightened and she said "YES!"

I took her into the restaurant and bought her a meal of shrimp fried rice and spare ribs. I couldn't stay to talk to her because I had to go to work, but her short story is that she was laid off and travelling form the north down to Ft. Lauderdale where she had family. She had just enough gas money to get her there, but no money for food.

I suppose I just wanted to share this because it felt really good to help someone who was so in need of help. Please be kind to a stranger. If you can't stop to give help, at least give a little wave or a peace sign. Times are tough out there.

http://journals.democraticunderground.com/Lunabelle/7

As always, the DUmmies are flush with cash, enough to give it hand over fist to anyone needing it.

:bs:

A peace sign and a wave will get you  :bird:   

:rotf:

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: I Fed A Hungry Person Today.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 06:33:41 PM »
A hungry pregnant woman?  Never heard of it.  I hope she (the pregnant woman) tricked that DUmmie into a meal as a joke.  I'll try that when I'm pregnant again and see how many DUmmies give me free food.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
Looks like someone is jealous of nutcase nadin's Hotdogs for Whores bouncy tale.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 06:40:46 PM »
Why do they do this?  No one believes them...
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 06:44:26 PM »
Why do they do this?  No one believes them...
Au cntrainere!

Nearly every DUmpmonkey proclaims absolute belief.

A skeptical DUmmy would be treated like a smiling North Korean at Dear Leader's funeral.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 06:50:32 PM »
Au cntrainere!

Nearly every DUmpmonkey proclaims absolute belief.

A skeptical DUmmy would be treated like a smiling North Korean at Dear Leader's funeral.

Yeah well, I'll probably need a job soon.  If they'll buy that, I'm sure that I could interest them in some oceanfront property here in Oklahoma.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 07:22:45 PM »
I fed several people today, I took three boxes of shoes, some clothes and a few other things to Goodwill. Goodwill will make good use of the items and I'm sure several people will eat at some point because of my donation.

Now GIVE ME a pat on the back!!!11one!

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »
I'll bet the DUmmies would go crazy for your clothes.

My husband and I will be doing the same next weekend.  Unlike the DUmmies, some stuff is new, the rest barely used.

We don't recycle recycles.    :rotf:

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
Lunabelle (369 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

I fed two hungry folks today, so there. I bought a pizza and me and mom watched the NO/SF ballgame while chowing down.   :fuelfire: :fuelfire:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 08:13:07 PM »
I'll bet the DUmmies would go crazy for your clothes.

My husband and I will be doing the same next weekend.  Unlike the DUmmies, some stuff is new, the rest barely used.

We don't recycle recycles.    :rotf:

I'm sure that it wouldn't be just the female DUmpmonkeys wearing her clothes, either.

Martin Luther

Offline kraven

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 08:27:44 PM »
I fed 5 hungry people today. My family was starving by the time dinner was ready...

• Oh snap!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 09:07:46 PM »
I'm ready for a snack.  Someone feed me.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 09:33:05 PM »
Feed me, Seymour, feed me!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 10:03:22 PM »
Feed me, Seymour, feed me!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6DjLFX6m6I[/youtube]
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 12:17:49 AM »
are these people like Hallmark card writers or watch a lot of Lifetime?  their stories are soooooooo typical.  You know exactly what is going to happen with the next one

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 02:58:21 AM »
HockeyMom
5. This is where restaurants, even school cafeterias could help

View profile
In the past I worked in a school cafeteria. People would be amazed at all the food that is thrown out at the end of the day. I am sure it happens also with restaurants. All this perfectly good food (not SERVED) could be given away to the homeless and the hungry rather than be thrown in the garbage.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to HockeyMom (Reply #5)

Sat Jan 14, 2012, 08:13 PM

Star Member Mnemosyne
16. My daughter was fired, twice, for giving food to the homeless. Shakes head. Good one for the OP! N/t

View profile

Reply to this post

Response to Mnemosyne (Reply #16)

Sat Jan 14, 2012, 11:12 PM

Star Member renate
21. being fired once for giving food to the homeless--well, live and learn, but...

View profile
Being fired a second time for giving food to the homeless means that you have a lovely and compassionate and incredibly selfless daughter who puts others' wellbeing ahead of her own with full knowledge of what the consequences to her could be. What a wonderful person!

Well you certainly raised her to be a good little liberal - giving away stuff that belonged to someone else. How charitable.

Many years ago I managed a fast food chicken joint and gave food to homeless or broke travelers many times. But guess what? Surprise! I paid for it out of my own pocket first. Thus, I did not do it on someone else's back and was not fired. Imagine that.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
If true, why didn't family  make sure their pregnant relative could eat on her way home. I guess that story didn't stink to this fool at all did it?

Now, I know as well as anyone what it's like to have family who don't give a hoot and to be a person who doesn't know how to ask for help. Thank the good Lord I never found myself pregnant as a very young woman--times would have been really bad and I would have been really alone. I would suspect though if someone actually did have 'family' who were willing to take you in and help you out as a young pregnant woman that they would at the very least make sure you had safe travels to get to them. If this story is true, something tells me that same young lady will be out there today panhandling for money again. It's an old scam too by panhandlers that they are on their way somewhere and their car is broken down or out of gas or they are hungry and only have money for x, y, or z. They also know how to play on the compassion of people and present themselves as pregnant or drag their own or other people's children with them to amp the story up.
And every 20 something hippie wannabe always makes their route to Florida. Their intention is usually to hook up with a bunch of other hippie wannabes down in the Keys--their favorite mainstay when it's too cold to travel the RennFaire.

Of course, it was probably a fairy tale so that this particular dump denizen could join in on the 'oh look at how good I am' action.

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 09:32:31 AM »
Well you certainly raised her to be a good little liberal - giving away stuff that belonged to someone else. How charitable.

Many years ago I managed a fast food chicken joint and gave food to homeless or broke travelers many times. But guess what? Surprise! I paid for it out of my own pocket first. Thus, I did not do it on someone else's back and was not fired. Imagine that.

Those places do dump a lot of food, but i think the issue the restaurants have are the dummies own fault too: lawsuits. They don't want to give anything that has not been stamped, approved, and double checked by a member of management for an approved cause for fear some homeless person might come back and sue them for food poisoning. I really think that's why the dummie's daughter was let go. It could create legal issues for the restaurant if that person she fed(for free) gets sick. That was the creation of dummieland too so they have their own idiot selves to thank for making it difficult to feed someone who is hungry.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »
Why do libs feel the need to point out their good Samaritan actions every time they do something that deviates from their normal self-centered behavior? Could it be that these acts are so rare that their ego demands some sort of recognition from others?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline GOBUCKS

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
We've had Hotdogs for Whores, and now the Kung Pao Tramp.

It can't be too long before Pam Dawson checks in with her tale about feeding the Bum in the Basement.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 12:33:28 PM »
There appears to be a trend of these stories.

I was saddened to tell her that I didn't have any money (true, no cash) and she said, "That's ok, but thank you anyway." I then said to her, "Wait, do you like Chinese Food?" Her face brightened and she said "YES!"

I took her into the restaurant and bought her a meal of shrimp fried rice and spare ribs

So what did she do, pull out her EBT card?

Lunabelle (370 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

20. Thank you all my DU friends.

I still have a warm glow from giving. I feel so truly blessed in this life. I'm not rich and don't have a high paying job. I'm just a nurse with a big fat liberal bleeding heart!!!!!
Reply to this post

Fat heart, fat.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 12:46:51 PM »
Suckers. Can you help a sista out ?   :rotf:

shireen (7,049 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

23. i always give cash

I never assume anything about them. If someone asks for money, I give them what I can, no questions asked. What they do with it is their choice to make. 

Mnemosyne (13,810 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

31. Cash can save a life when withdrawal occurs. I agree, no questions asked. n/t

whathehell (8,097 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

9. Very, very nice, Lunabelle....I always give to the homeless when I have $ on me.

I once gave some poor middle-aged woman panhandling in the street a

twenty dollar bill...It was worth twice that much just to see the look on her face.

applegrove (50,963 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

22. I give when I have small amounts in my wallet - I can't afford to give more than that these days.

Last edited Sun Jan 15, 2012, 12:28 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

I'm too skittish to sit down with someone and feed them. I just trust that the money will go to where they need it most. Good for you for helping that woman out.

Prism (2,822 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

25. Sigh, we're there as a country

In North Berkeley, there's this little old woman - a bone cancer survivor - just about the nicest person you could ever want to meet. Sometimes she sits outside Chez Panisse, a very high-priced, trendy restaurant, with her little cup. I talk to her sometimes when walking a patient around the neighborhood at night. Around New Year's, it was so cold out, and there she was, all wrapped up, sitting on a bucket. I couldn't help it. I reached into my wallet, grabbed what was in there, and put it in her cup. I don't know how much it was. I didn't care.

Sometimes you see suffering and need and just have to do something.

A DUmmy and his money is easily taken.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 02:23:58 PM »
No wonder I am harassed by panhandlers in parking lots all the time.  These stupid DUmmies fall for their bullshit stories.  I'm the mean lady who tells the panhandlers to get a job.  I'm sorry.  I work hard for the money I have.  If you are going to consider your source of income as "begging", move on to a more gullible person.  Preferably a person with an Obama/Biden sticker on their car.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 04:32:33 PM »
The DUmmie made a mistake. 20 minutes after feeding the pregnant lady Chinese food she is just going to be hungry again. 
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »
The DUmmie made a mistake. 20 minutes after feeding the pregnant lady Chinese food she is just going to be hungry again. 

Ha hahaha. H5