Author Topic: brain damaged primitive describes cutting back  (Read 2498 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: brain damaged primitive describes cutting back
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »
Well, they haven't cut down on their whining, anyway.

Awesome.

I dunno why no one else, including myself, thought of that, but damn, that's pretty much a given.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 03:12:22 PM »
I have had DirectTV since we built our house.  I just cancelled it.  Know why?  We spent $69+ a month on it and it goes out 3 weeks ago.  I call and tell them and they said sure we can come out and fix it but it will be $59 for a service call.  I cancelled the next day.  Gonna charge me for a service call on a product I have had since 2000.  They asked me what they could do to keep me as a customer and I said waive the service call fee of $59 and they wouldn't so I cancelled.  I don't think they took business 101  :lmao:

I love Netflix.  Looking at buying Roku.

I've had DirecTV since their inception. I've never been charged for a service call.

They even sent me a free dish and receiver for my RV that's in Tennessee. When I go down, they align the dish for me.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 03:12:33 PM »
How long does a keg last?

A little over a month.
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 04:09:25 PM »
:lmao: :rotf:  That looks like something BEG might do.   :tongue: 

JTY, I was shocked when I went shopping at the Price Chopper.  Everything was sky high!  I hadn't been there in a while.  Distressing.  I thought I was reading a misprint on the bacon. 

Man, bacon has been ridiculous for a while. Makes me sad :bawl: Bacon should be one of those items they give a subsidy for :-)

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 04:14:52 PM »
I have had DirectTV since we built our house.  I just cancelled it.  Know why?  We spent $69+ a month on it and it goes out 3 weeks ago.  I call and tell them and they said sure we can come out and fix it but it will be $59 for a service call.  I cancelled the next day.  Gonna charge me for a service call on a product I have had since 2000.  They asked me what they could do to keep me as a customer and I said waive the service call fee of $59 and they wouldn't so I cancelled.  I don't think they took business 101  :lmao:

I love Netflix.  Looking at buying Roku.

My guy got me roku. It's my weekend off without kids and it's freezing outside. I will be using the roku tonight and seeing all it does. I've already saved some pilates and yoga channels on it and my daughter has found anything and everything anime on it! Yay!

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 06:27:50 PM »
What a tool If that idiot Dain would stop buying drugs then he would have plenty of cash for other things.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 09:20:26 PM »
:rotf:

Netflix?  That's like $8 a month.  I'm sorry he can't afford that....
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »
:rotf:

Netflix?  That's like $8 a month.  I'm sorry he can't afford that....

He can make that much by collecting empty beer bottles off of the side of the road.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »
DainBramaged Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Fri Dec-30-11 10:39 AM
Original message

Companies who I cut back on in 2011 because I just don't need their bullshit

I cut Netflix to one DVD and streaming. They want to rack up the increases, not at my expense. And I may drop them sooner than later. Redbox is near me now.

Cablevision, they can go **** themselves. I eliminated their TV. $97 a month, **** that.

Sirius/XM, raised prices, I eliminated two of my three radios. I can listen in my car.

Planet Fitness, meh, goodbye. I work harder at work and don't have to wait to use any machines. $20 more a month for Monster coffee...

Who did you cut back or cut out in 2011?

I love how they list all these luxuries, then lament about how no family can live off one income like back in the '50s-'60s.

Well no shit, Sherlock. They didn't have cable TV, computers, cable internet, satellite radio, cell phones, 3D televisions as big as a wall, 2-3 cars in the garage plus a mpotorcycle/snowmobile/waverunner, 3000 sq. ft. homes, climate control, and all the other geegaws we take for granted nowadays. If we cut back to what we would consider today the spartan lifestyle of the Fifties, one income would probably do it now, too. 1200 sq. ft. of living space. A window fan instead of A/C. One telephone with maybe an extension. One TV with an antenna that picked up two channels. "Health club" consisting of a weight bench and jump rope in your back yard. One car. Meals actually cooked from scratch. "Dollar Per Carload" night at the drive-in movie for entertainment. Etc., etc.

It all depends on how you want to live. Convenience costs money, most of the time.

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »
He needs to grow his own *******, raise some chickens.  That's what the DUmmies tell everyone else.

This is what happens when you vote white guilt.  Suck it hard DUmbasses.