Author Topic: Conservativeunderground.com is currently under a total re-construction.  (Read 18751 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
As of this morning, Saturday morning May 10th, there's a new notice; someone is apologizing for taking so long, and is going to be away for a few days.

Damn.

As Wretched Excess said somewhere before, there's no joy in a conservative web-site being down, even if one isn't a member.  This is an election year, and we need as many of those the internet can accomodate.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline megimoo

As of this morning, Saturday morning May 10th, there's a new notice; someone is apologizing for taking so long, and is going to be away for a few days.

Damn.

As Wretched Excess said somewhere before, there's no joy in a conservative web-site being down, even if one isn't a member.  This is an election year, and we need as many of those the internet can accommodate.

IN the spirit of Franks comments here is the latest from Screwtape to evil undies !
to the Demonic Choir :

For those members of both CU and NU.
May 10,2008, 09:46 PM

I talked to Rob tonight.

The problem with the site being down was caused by the hard drive crashing on his server.

Rob has fixed the server and it is running fine now.

Now that everything is down Rob wants to take the opportunity to make some much needed improvements and updates to the site. He told me some of the improvements/additions and they are neat. I think you will be impressed.

There will be a week's delay in getting the site going because Rob had scheduled a much needed vacation with his family to Florida. He will be in Orlando and Clearwater this week and will not be able to work on the site until he gets back to Atlanta next weekend.. I hope to get together with him in Tampa later on in the week.

He said to be patient because it will be worth it. I have seen the site improvements under construction and I think everybody will like the new look. It will be a completely different look. You will really like the additional features. I can't tell you what they are now because Rob wants to test them out and make sure they work.

His best estimate for start up in next Sunday night. In the meantime I will continue to spread moral clarity to my good friends on NU (both of them).

Offline Lord Undies

Damn.

As Wretched Excess said somewhere before, there's no joy in a conservative web-site being down, even if one isn't a member.  This is an election year, and we need as many of those the internet can accommodate.

IN the spirit of Franks comments here is the latest from Screwtape to evil undies !
to the Demonic Choir :

I remember the Fina Stations (they sold gasoline) had a big banner at all their location which proclaimed "Pink Air Coming In '66".  They were suppose to be formulating some sort of dyed air drivers could put in their tires.  This pink air would make detecting holes and leaks a snap. 

Forty-two years later and we still don't have pink air to pump in our tires.  They did, however, give us mutilated animal parts (tiger tails) to swing from our gas caps.   

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Well, I wish Rob would get the Damn thing back online so you people who come here JUST to get your fix, and nothing other, can head your asses back to CU. I'm all for welcoming new members, but don't come here talking UP CU and telling us how CU is this and that and then giving us updates ON CU.

Hey, we don't GIVE a ****. We have our OWN Damn site. I.e., NO ONE GIVES A RAT'S ASS ABOUT CU BUT YOU!
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Zeus

Well, I wish Rob would get the Damn thing back online so you people who come here JUST to get your fix, and nothing other, can head your asses back to CU. I'm all for welcoming new members, but don't come here talking UP CU and telling us how CU is this and that and then giving us updates ON CU.

Hey, we don't GIVE a ****. We have our OWN Damn site. I.e., NO ONE GIVES A RAT'S ASS ABOUT CU BUT YOU!

Cut back on the roughage in your diet and you'll feel better  :evillaugh:
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

that was pretty well put.  I agree entirely.

Offline Wretched Excess

we are pretty frazzled here for a bunch of reason.

I almost posted exactly what he said tonight on several different occasions.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

This was my and is my primary site.  I just checked in there from time to time, mostly when I exhausted all the topics here.

But with it being down so long, I suspect it has permanently lost a LOT of members.  Like me.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

This was my and is my primary site.  I just checked in there from time to time, mostly when I exhausted all the topics here.

But with it being down so long, I suspect it has permanently lost a LOT of members.  Like me.

We'll have to find another site for you, I don't think I can stand 100% of your attention.  :p <- take that smiley!
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline RobJohnson

We can start a "day thread" so twitch, twitchy and their pals can feel more at home....

Today, I plan to wear a pair of black tennis shoes and I think I'll wash my hair.

How about you all?

I plan to blow my nose at least once today and then scratch my crotch. What are the rest of you doing?

Offline Airwolf

I'm with you. Let the Titanic sink.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Periwinkle

• Probationary (Probie)
I'm glad I stumbled on to this thread.  I thought CU was gone forever this time.  I know some here have moved on completely from CU, but it was my first MB community, and I would hate to see it ended. 

I'm looking forward to the re-opening.  CU use to be a lot of fun, here's hoping for a return to that.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
I'm glad I stumbled on to this thread.  I thought CU was gone forever this time.  I know some here have moved on completely from CU, but it was my first MB community, and I would hate to see it ended. 

I'm looking forward to the re-opening.  CU use to be a lot of fun, here's hoping for a return to that.

And here's a bitchslap for being so "merry".
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Periwinkle

• Probationary (Probie)
Sorry.  Guess I should have read the whole thread before posting.  I didn't realize there was so much animosity between the two sites.  

I apologize,  Won't happen again.

Offline Flame

Sorry.  Guess I should have read the whole thread before posting.  I didn't realize there was so much animosity between the two sites.  

Don't let the grumblers  bother you...you are free to have your own opinion about whatever sites you want to visit!  Glad you stopped in here!!

Offline jendf

No apology is necessary, Peri. There are those of us who like both sites and that is OK.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain

No apology neccessary, it was my first blog, too.  I still post over there.  Just f'ing with you.  Should have added  :-)
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!

And here's a bitchslap for being so "merry".
Notch!
Heh...
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!

The Hatfields and the McCoys are amateurs compared to CC and the Gator-gone-mad folks at CU.
I feel kind of sorry for the few good folks left over there. As it is now, there are several lefties that run the site and it sucks. It has lost its truly Conservative class.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline bijou

Yay Peri, always glad to see you at both places. :)

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant

No apology neccessary, it was my first blog, too.  I still post over there.  Just f'ing with you.  Should have added  :-)

So on Peri's behalf...a bichslap to you for forgetting the sarcasm tag or a  :-)

:-)

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain

So on Peri's behalf...a bichslap to you for forgetting the sarcasm tag or a  :-)
And a bitchslap to you for not reading it the way it sounded in my head.  GOSH!!!!

:-)

Offline Periwinkle

• Probationary (Probie)
That's cool ya'll,  I know not to take anything posted on the internets too seriously.

I like CC & CU,  actually I thought CC was gone too.   :(  I couldn't get in here for a few days either and finally gave up thinking I'd find something out at CU, well, we know how that went.   :banghead: I decided to try once more and here I am.

It's good to see ya'll, BTW.

+1

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Good to see you!!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

That's cool ya'll,  I know not to take anything posted on the internets too seriously.

I like CC & CU,  actually I thought CC was gone too.   :(  I couldn't get in here for a few days either and finally gave up thinking I'd find something out at CU, well, we know how that went.   :banghead: I decided to try once more and here I am.

It's good to see ya'll, BTW.

+1

we did change our name and move to a new server, and the redirect from the old site stopped working for a few days
before we noticed it and fixed it.  I should probably change the DNS for conservativeScave to point to us here at conservativecave.

on edit : and it is very good to see you again. :-)