Author Topic: primitives happy about high gasoline prices  (Read 1719 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives happy about high gasoline prices
« on: May 05, 2008, 05:36:16 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3245701

Oh my.

It's about time the primitives stopped whining about high gasoline prices.

Perhaps the primitives can now devote their whining to the excess windfall profits of the marijuana industry.

matt007  (62 posts) Mon May-05-08 03:06 AM
Original message

Gotta admit this...................I'm happy about the price of gas

On a certain level i am glad its up and will go up more. Lets face it. NOTHING was going to stop Americans from driving SUVs (Standard Urban Vehicles) trucks, and V8's. This will and in the long run we'll be better for it. I sympathize with the five percent or so who NEED to drive something not gas friendly for work etc. But now when I see a Hummer or Escalade or any of the others I hear a giant sucking sound of that idiots disposable income going away. I smile a little. Looks like the big land beasts are going the way of the dinosaurs.

good riddance!

Ooops.  The primitives aren't happy about the high price of gasoline at all.

Alas! the poor primitives! alas! never happy! the poor primitives!

bluestateguy  (1000+ posts) Mon May-05-08 03:11 AM
Response to Original message

1. The upper middle class people with the SUV's just pay the high prices and move on

They may grumble about it, but the Stepford families making $200,000 a year will just pay the higher gas prices and not change their behavior in any way.

bobbolink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon May-05-08 12:25 PM
Response to Reply #2

34. Thank you for caring what some of us are suffering. Very few ever so enlightened "progressives"

seem to give us a thought.

Our suffering and deaths are NOTHING to them.

I appreciate your words, more than you know!!

merwin  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon May-05-08 03:25 AM

5. Except for people like my wife who has to commute 70 miles to work once a week because of the lack of decent jobs and public transit around here.

So it's someone else's fault the marvin primitive chose to live far away from somewhere with decent jobs?

What's to stop the marvin primitive and Ms. marvin from moving?

Skittles  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon May-05-08 03:25 AM

6. my coworker is PARALYZED NOW because he tried to save on gas

he had swtiched from a car to a motorcycle to try to save on gas and was hit by a car that pulled out in front of him....he had surgery on his spine and the word out now is that he will not walk again...do you not understand that most of those assholes driving Hummers will CONTINUE to drive them - as always it's the LESS-THAN-WEALTHY folk that get hurt more

proud2Blib  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon May-05-08 06:09 AM

19. Sorry but the poor are the ones who suffer, not the SUV drivers

MadHound  (1000+ posts) Mon May-05-08 06:42 AM

20. Gotta admit this....................You sound like a clueless, heartless sunuvabitch.

Way to laugh at the plight of the poor, most of whom are forced, due to economic circumstances, to drive large gas guzzling cars. Way to write off farmers who are getting killed by high fuel prices. Way to laugh at all of us as food prices rise to unbearable levels.

And you're doing all this laughing because people who bought SUV's are getting hit with high gas prices :crazy: Yes, there are many people who shouldn't be driving SUV's, but there are also lots of people who need an SUV, contractors, various business folks, etc. Way to laugh at their pain. And as far as those who drive an SUV sheerly for vanity's sake, well guess what, most of them are going to pay the price at the pump and not blink an eye.

Such schadenfreude is grossly misplaced, and totally uncalled for. All you're doing in most cases is laughing at the plight of those who are less well off than you, thus making you look like a jerk, or worse.

bobbolink  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon May-05-08 12:39 PM
Response to Reply #20

44. Thank you. People like me are so much trash underfoot to people like this.

He/they will be glad when we're wiped out by all this.

The attitude of the OP is what the media is picking up on as "elitist".

And it ain't helping this country one bit.

Alexander  (1000+ posts) Mon May-05-08 06:45 AM

21. As gas goes up in cost, food and everything else goes up as well.

You know what that's called, boys and girls? Hyperinflation.

I can't imagine why you'd wish this upon other people.

This is hilarious,  The primitives are ALWAYS wishing misery upon other people.

Bandit  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Mon May-05-08 09:00 AM

25. My company paid twice as much in the first quarter of '08 as it did the entire year in 2000 on fuel for our trucks. We deliver food products so guess what is happening to the price of food..

It's just a really big blazing bonfire.

The original primitive returns to the bonfire about halfway through.

Low gasoline prices = the primitives complain.
High gasoline prices = the primitives complain.

Alas! the poor primitives! never happy! the poor primitives! alas!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: primitives happy about high gasoline prices
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 05:52:15 PM »
They really are a strange lot. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that AlGore wanted to raise the gas prices in order to save the world from total collapse when he was running for president. I thought at that time the DUmmies thought that if only gas prices would increase the world would be full of flowers, rainbows, and butterflies.

Am I remembering incorrectly?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »

No, you're not, sir.

You're remembering exactly correctly.

However, it didn't stop when Alphonse Capote Gore tried to steal Florida and failed.

It's gone on every time since then, whenever gasoline prices were lower than two bucks a gallon, and the primitives wanted it to be about three times as high, on the average (whatever the Europeans pay).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 06:01:11 PM »
It's so nice to find out that my family is a "Stepford Family".  I'll be sure and tell my Stepford children. 

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 06:59:42 PM »
matt007  (62 posts) Mon May-05-08 03:06 AM
Original message

Gotta admit this...................I'm happy about the price of gas

On a certain level i am glad its up and will go up more. Lets face it. NOTHING was going to stop Americans from driving SUVs (Standard Urban Vehicles) trucks, and V8's. This will and in the long run we'll be better for it.

I gotta admit you class warfare puke, people like you are the very worst America has to offer.

People drive SUV's because they WANT TO. That is called freedom and until you commie bastards have fully destroyed this nation, it will continue to be that way.

If you want to control the automobile I drive, then I WILL control the food you eat, the house you live in, the water you drink, and the job welfare check you receive.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 07:01:40 PM »

Oh frack! It is the democRATS and their DUmmy useful idiots that have been promoting huge tax increases on gas to "make people use less" of it.
John Kerry ran on a platform of increasing the gas tax by 50 cents three times over a five year period to make people conserve.

What a bunch of mindless tools you DUmmys are.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 08:34:26 PM »
It's so nice to find out that my family is a "Stepford Family".  I'll be sure and tell my Stepford children. 
Make good decisions young+work hard+build traditional household=Stepford

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »

Oh frack! It is the democRATS and their DUmmy useful idiots that have been promoting huge tax increases on gas to "make people use less" of it.
John Kerry ran on a platform of increasing the gas tax by 50 cents three times over a five year period to make people conserve.

What a bunch of mindless tools you DUmmys are.

I think my sig sums it up nicely.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 09:50:16 PM »
It must be nice to have a blank mind so that they can believe in mutually incompatible thoughts. :whatever:

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 10:08:51 AM »

If I could get you to come the meetings, you'd know all of this. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 11:47:26 AM »
To  liberal fascist, high gas prices due to taxes is fine. High gas prices due to market conditions (& the passage of the non-energy bill by the democrats) is evil.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »

Come on BEG, everyone who makes more than a DUmmy is a "Stepford Family", didn't you know that? :mental:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Lauri

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »

No, you're not, sir.

You're remembering exactly correctly.

However, it didn't stop when Alphonse Capote Gore tried to steal Florida and failed.

It's gone on every time since then, whenever gasoline prices were lower than two bucks a gallon, and the primitives wanted it to be about three times as high, on the average (whatever the Europeans pay).

and dont forget.. under the GOP Congress, gas rose about 1 cent per month..

since 2006, under the 'new Dem Congress' gas has risen 7 cents per month in the past two years.. so, do the math DUmmies..

but to answer some of the other DUmmies.. yes, we have an SUV (which our active family requires) and a sports car which uses about as much as the SUV - and the gas prices are not crippling us; we arent living on the edge of our checking account with too much owed to other people. a rather simple plan, but it seems to be working for us (and millions of other Americans) ..

Offline jukin

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 01:49:42 PM »
I still keep my RV idling most of the day even with the high price of gas.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.