Author Topic: You guys ever have this happen to you?  (Read 3686 times)

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
  • Yes, everything you heard about me is true
You guys ever have this happen to you?
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:16:42 PM »
The ex stopped by a couple days ago and asked me to scan some pics she had borrowed from her mom. It was pics of her, me and our kids like 20 some years ago. So I am standing there looking at the pics and when I saw one of her words just jumped right out of my face before I could even think about it.

I said "Damn, you used to be hawt woman!" and got an immediate elbow to the ribs and not gently either, lol. I guess I deserved it.

This is her back in the mid '80's.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Re: You guys ever have this happen to you?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 04:17:54 PM »
She was hawt
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 04:20:43 PM »
She's beautiful DH. You so do not have a way with words though.  :lmao:
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 04:39:42 PM »
She's beautiful DH. You so do not have a way with words though.  :lmao:

Another time a few months ago she was here and leaning against a kitchen counter talking to me. I looked over at her and said "damn woman your ass is getting big". The words just came out on their own. She laughed and said "Getting? Have had one for years and you just never noticed". Probably true. She gave me crap all the time for not noticing things. The most dreaded words in the world were either "We need to talk John" or "Well...havent you noticed..." Landmines freaking everywhere.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" - George Orwell

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 04:58:53 PM »
and you keep stepping on them???  :-)

and yes, very pretty lady!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 05:24:08 PM »
Very pretty, what was she doing with you?   :tongue:

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 05:58:29 PM »
Very pretty, what was she doing with you?   :tongue:

Yeah well I never did figure that out either.

Funny thing is I was asked that same thing several times, lol.  :whatever:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
Your relationship with your ex is very confusing.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 12:02:57 AM »
Your relationship with your ex is very confusing.

How so?

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 07:14:43 AM »
You are supposed to hate each other and tell Ex bouncy stories every other weekend.  Duh! :thatsright:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 11:00:37 AM »
You are supposed to hate each other and tell Ex bouncy stories every other weekend.  Duh! :thatsright:

Ahhh, yes, others have told me the same. When we were married there was a lot of acrimony between us. But we had children together and I dont see how people can just completely toss that sort of committment aside like a used Kleenex. We know we cant live together but that doesnt mean we cant get along. I am not sure if "friends" is what you would call us now but we do have a good friendly relationship. Much better than when we were married. I am friends with her husband too. Hes a car guy like me and we have gone to the races and car shows together quite a few times. He does custom car upholstery and did the seats in my El Camino and Corvette both. It seems to work ok for us.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 11:12:22 AM »

Ahhh, yes, others have told me the same. When we were married there was a lot of acrimony between us. But we had children together and I dont see how people can just completely toss that sort of committment aside like a used Kleenex. We know we cant live together but that doesnt mean we cant get along. I am not sure if "friends" is what you would call us now but we do have a good friendly relationship. Much better than when we were married. I am friends with her husband too. Hes a car guy like me and we have gone to the races and car shows together quite a few times. He does custom car upholstery and did the seats in my El Camino and Corvette both. It seems to work ok for us.

You are not alone. I'm divorced. We have a child. We're both remarried. We're all friends. We don't live in the same city any more but we have spent time together casually. I know I can pick up the phone and talk to my ex. I also consider his wife one of my friends. After all, I'm the only other person in the world who really understands the B.S. she puts up with.  :evillaugh: In all seriousness, it was not easy to get to this point. I'm giving the reader's digest version. The long drawn out version is juicer than a Lifetime movie. Bottom line, we are going to be in each other's lives for a long, long time. The time that has passed certainly helps heal the bitterness and anger. I can't remember the last time I felt those emotions.

You move on. You realize what's truly important. Life's too short to stay angry. We've said our peace to each other (actually a long time ago). I remarried a five years before he did. For a long time, it was just the three of us "co-parenting". It took a really special lady to walk into that scenario. I'm really pleased with the woman he chose to remarry. She's wonderful and I've felt comfortable around her since day one. She loves my child and puts him first. I couldn't be more happy. She came into the picture with a child and they have since had a child together. I love her kids and buy them gifts like I would for nieces and nephews. I really don't understand why some people can't let it go and move on. This is a much happier place. Of course I realize it takes cooperation from all parties to make this happen. You build a bridge, you get over it.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 11:25:54 AM »
I understand where you are both coming from. We've had difficult times here, but I couldn't see throwing the father of my children and the person I spent 12 years of my life with aside like they never existed or carrying really bitter feelings because we ended things. I know we could and would have maintained a friendship of sorts and it's something we talked about. I think you have to understand it from the standpoint of there are  lot ways people can be poor matches in relationship areas, but still be friendly with one another. I have a bunch of friends, none I want to marry..kind of the same type of thing.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 11:32:18 AM »
Yeah, it's really something that cannot be explained. You really have to live it.

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 12:17:56 PM »
Awww, time for a group hug! (wheres the DU group hug smilie when you need it)

Seriously though I agree with both of you ladies. I thought the exact same thing that we would be in each others lives for a long time. So it might as well be as free of stress as possible. I used to take the kids to her house and spend turkey day, new years, christmas etc with her and her husband. But the kids are all grown now so I am scaling back on the family functions at her place and she understands that. All is as well as you might wish for.  :cheersmate:

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 12:35:20 PM »

We have one!

:kumbaya:

or
 :angryvillagers: 

if you prefer!

+1
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DarkHalo

• Wannabe Photographer
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 02:55:07 PM »

We have one!

:kumbaya:

or
 :angryvillagers: 

if you prefer!

+1

Nice! The kumbaya smilie is perfect. Although the angry mob smilie generally fits me better.  :evillaugh: