Author Topic: UGP projecting  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
UGP projecting
« on: May 05, 2008, 06:05:38 AM »
undergroundpanther  (1000+ posts)       Mon May-05-08 01:55 AM
Original message
The world's problem...
 "The World has only one problem, Psychopaths. There are two basic types of Psychopaths, Social and Anti-Social. The essential feature of Psychopaths is a Pervasive, Obssesive- Compulsive desire to force their delusions on others. Psychopaths completely disregard and violate the Rights of others, particularly the Freedom of Association which includes the right not to associate and the Right to Love."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Psychopaths are not "fragile" individuals,
as Robert Hare says after years of research. What they think and do is produced from a "rock solid personality structure that is extremely resistant to outside influences." Many of them are protected for years from the consequences of their behavior by well-meaning family and friends. As long as their behavior remains unchecked or unpunished, they continue to go through life without too much inconvenience.

Some researchers think that psychopathy is the result of some attachment or bonding difficulty as an infant. Dr. Hare has turned the idea around, after all his years digging into the background of psychopaths. He says: In some children the very failure to bond is a symptom of psychopathy. It is likely that these children lack the capacity to bond readily, and that their lack of attachment is largely the result, not the cause, of psychopathy.

In other words: they are born that way and you can't fix them.

To many people, the idea of a child psychopath is almost unthinkable. But the fact is, true psychopaths are born, not made. Oh, indeed, there is the psychopath that is "made," but they are generally different from the born psychopath in a number of ways.
The fact is, clinical research clearly demonstrates that psychopathy does not spring unannounced into existence in adulthood. The symptoms reveal themselves in early life. It seems to be true that parents of psychopaths KNOW something is dreadfully wrong even before the child starts school. Such children are stubbornly immune to socializing pressures. They are "different" from other children in inexplicable ways. They are more "difficult," or "willful," or aggressive, or hard to "relate to." They are difficult to get close to, cold and distant and self-sufficient.

One mother said: "We were never able to get close to her even as an infant. She was always trying to have her own way, whether by being sweet, or by having a tantrum. She can put on a sweet and contrite act..." The fact is: childhood psychopathy is a stark reality, and failing to recognize it can lead to years of vain attempts to discover what is wrong with a child, and the parent blaming themselves. Hare writes:

As the signs of social breakdown grow more insistent, we no longer have the luxury of ignoring the presence of psychopathy in certain children. Half a century ago Hervey Cleckley and Robert Lindner warned us that our failure to acknowledge the psychopaths among us had already triggered a social crisis. Today our social institutions - our schools, courts, mental health clinics - confront the crisis every day in a thousand ways, and the blindfold against the reality of psychopathy is still in place.<...>

The last decade has seen the emergence of an inescapable and terrifying reality: a dramatic surge of juvenile crime that threatens to overwhelm our social institutions. <...> Children under the age of ten who are capable of the sort of mindless violence that once was reserved for hardened adult criminals. <...> At this writing, a small town in a western state is frantically searching for ways to deal with a nine-year-old who allegedly rapes and molests other children at knife point. He is too young to be charged and cannot be taken into care because "such action may only be taken when the child is in danger, not his victims," according to a child protection official.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someday, I fear if these trends concerning psychopathy and ignorance about it's cold blooded nature continue,we will live in a world without love,and that is not a world I want to live in.

Hmmm? :-)  many of them also have a persecution complex,have an unhealthy obsession with felines and problems with their sexual and specie identity. Clean that mirror a little better UGP :-)http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3245556
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline djones520

Re: UGP projecting
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 06:07:11 AM »
I'm sorry...  but is UGP describing herself/himself/itself in this thread or something?
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 06:07:57 AM »
MonkeyFunk  (1000+ posts)       Mon May-05-08 05:08 AM
Response to Original message
9. Shouldn't you quote your source?
 You didn't write that.
UGP must be hanging out with TIT too much :-)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 07:19:12 AM »
I'm sorry...  but is UGP describing herself/himself/itself in this thread or something?

I'm wondering if the subway cat is trying to analyze herself; writing things out of course aids in the thinking department.

But it's no use; a person, even a sane one, can't analyze himself; only other people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 09:43:28 AM »
I shudder at the thought of UGP roaming freely in society.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 11:27:05 AM »

I saw a rant over there last night started by "it" bitching about the suburbs and how they are not walking friendly. :whatever:

Someone actually asked UGP if "it" was wearing it's tail when out walking in the suburbs. :lmao: :lmao:

I'll see if I can dredge that up.  I don't know if the thread made it over here.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 11:35:59 AM »
While I think UGP is the McDonald's dollar menu of mental illnesses, I don't think psychopathy is one of them. It's definitely schizophrenic (and in the 1/3 who will spend life in and out of institutions I suspect). It's probably the government's fault...forcing her when she was just a kitten to drink all that pineapple juice and remote view without being able to go pee. I'd guess she's manic because her moods are across the board. There's also a smattering of personality disorders...paranoid, schizoid, schizotypal, antisocial, borderline...thrown in for good measure (she'd be a good one for a PhD study). I think it's probably a relief for it to find a mental illness she doesn't have. For some reason I feel compelled to switch pronouns frequently with UGP...I have no idea what's the PC way to address a female/human/male/cat thing. Poor thing, I bet every Tom cat she dates is a psychopath. Well, I assume she dates other cats, but maybe she's one of those cross-species furries, maybe she likes poodles, or llamas, or ostriches.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »
She's the scariest kind to me because she is an "activist". She's not the "drool in a corner, I can't function type". She's more of the "I'm in total denial about my mental illness and I'm pissed off at the world and I'm going to hurt somebody one of these days" type. Yikes.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »
A lunatic advising herself on her own lunacy.
From the DUmp no less.

Go figure...

Someone really needs to spay that freak and lock her in a circus cage.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 02:29:41 PM »
While I think UGP is the McDonald's dollar menu of mental illnesses, I don't think psychopathy is one of them. It's definitely schizophrenic (and in the 1/3 who will spend life in and out of institutions I suspect). It's probably the government's fault...forcing her when she was just a kitten to drink all that pineapple juice and remote view without being able to go pee. I'd guess she's manic because her moods are across the board. There's also a smattering of personality disorders...paranoid, schizoid, schizotypal, antisocial, borderline...thrown in for good measure (she'd be a good one for a PhD study). I think it's probably a relief for it to find a mental illness she doesn't have. For some reason I feel compelled to switch pronouns frequently with UGP...I have no idea what's the PC way to address a female/human/male/cat thing. Poor thing, I bet every Tom cat she dates is a psychopath. Well, I assume she dates other cats, but maybe she's one of those cross-species furries, maybe she likes poodles, or llamas, or ostriches.

Cindie

You know. Now that you mention it. The GEICO lizard has been busy lately. I bet he could use UGPs company.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 03:17:27 PM »
She would be right if she were talking about politicians.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »
The essential feature of Psychopaths is a Pervasive, Obssesive- Compulsive desire to force their delusions on others.

Forcing delusions on others, say, as in working towards changing your appearance to force others to see you as a cat?

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 04:06:18 PM »
MonkeyFunk  (1000+ posts)       Mon May-05-08 05:08 AM
9. Shouldn't you quote your source?
 You didn't write that.
UGP must be hanging out with TIT too much :-)

Well you can see where it goes:

Puglover   (1000+ posts)       Mon May-05-08 07:37 AM
11. Locking
 Please repost with proper credit and links.

Thank you

Puglover DU Moderator

Looks like TiTs last little run in with the truth has made them gun shy. :rotf:

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 04:55:33 PM »

I saw a rant over there last night started by "it" bitching about the suburbs and how they are not walking friendly. :whatever:

Someone actually asked UGP if "it" was wearing it's tail when out walking in the suburbs. :lmao: :lmao:

I'll see if I can dredge that up.  I don't know if the thread made it over here.

It made it over here, Mr. Wiggum, sir.

It's here somewhere in the DUmpster, that thread.
apres moi, le deluge

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »

Cindie
I'm thinkin scizoaffective a little schizophrenia with a smattering of bipolar disorder {she has alot of lows and her depression comes out as anger} But Borderline personality disorder has some promise with UGP as well{she is a consumate victim And by her posts she always has an ailment of one kind or another,as well as believing it is the world that is wrong because certainly she is not} If she is borderline its very sad because not much can be done for that they are med resistant from my understanding.

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 10:22:21 PM »

Apparently she's roaming very close to where I live according to the "I was walking and someone threw something at me" thread. Perhaps I'll meet her sometime. 

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 10:54:13 PM »

Apparently she's roaming very close to where I live according to the "I was walking and someone threw something at me" thread. Perhaps I'll meet her sometime. 

So you are the one who has been throwing things at the mutant woman?  Shame on you!  You need to practice your aim.

Offline Kimberly

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 11:11:43 PM »

So you are the one who has been throwing things at the mutant woman?  Shame on you!  You need to practice your aim.

Sssshh! Err.... I mean, No that wasn't me!