Author Topic: Church bouncy  (Read 767 times)

Offline CC27

Church bouncy
« on: December 05, 2011, 06:49:28 PM »
pink-o Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Mon Dec-05-11 07:34 PM
Original message
And this is why I will NEVER be a member of a Christian Church!

I only go to houses of worship for weddings and funerals, and that's where I was on Saturday, in a Methodist church in Dallas watching my friend's son get married. After the pastor did his "dearly beloved" thing--IOW, just about 5 sentences into the ceremony--he actually said: "John and Mary stand before God as Male and Female--as God created and intended, only Male and Female can come together in holy matrimony."

I was so disgusted, it took all my effort not to walk out. Please tell me why a pastor would need to interject his homophobia into a wedding ceremony? Is Christianity so fragile that the believers need to validate it at every turn?

:bouncy: Funny how they remember word for word with these stories.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=214x322406

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: Church bouncy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »
Is Christianity so fragile that the believers need to validate it at every turn?

No, but liberalism is that fragile.

Liberalism is so fragile, you guys need to constantly make up bouncies.

Normal, well adjusted people, they don't do that.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 07:14:33 PM »
Let's look at what the Bible says:

Genesis 2:18-24 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

When God decided that it wasn't good for MAN to be alone He didn't create another man. He created a WOMAN. Then God said that a MAN shall cleave unto his WIFE. The root form of the word "wife", according to Strong's, is 'ishshah which means: woman, wife, female.

Looks like the preacher's statement was following God's wishes. He's also probably not scared (phobic) of homosexuals. He just knows right from wrong.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »
Is Christianity so fragile that the believers need to validate it at every turn?

A Christian minister in a Christian church performing a Christian service that validates Christianity. Whoda thunk it?  :whatever:

If you don't want to hear Christianity validated, perhaps being in a Christian church isn't the right place. Did you actually think it was going to be a secular thing?

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 07:40:42 PM »
Please tell me why a pastor would need to interject his homophobia into a wedding ceremony? Is Christianity so fragile that the believers need to validate it at every turn?

Because at every turn, you pillow biters relentlessly try to redefine what 'marriage' really means.  You're just angry because someone reaffirmed it in your presence, and deep down inside, you knew you were wrong, and you felt convicted.  

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 08:22:10 PM »
Only a liberal is dumb enough to enter a church and bitch that Christianity is being discussed.   :banghead:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 08:25:10 PM »
Only a liberal is dumb enough to enter a church and bitch that Christianity is being discussed.   :banghead:
At least they're consistent.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »
The Democrats managed to silence political speech on the private property of churches decades ago.  Since then, they've managed to have crosses and nativities removed from public sight all across the country, and made it nearly illegal to mention the name of Christ in public hearing (unless it's used as a curse).  It's only a matter of time before they decide to remove "hate" speech from the private property of churches, also...

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline movie buff

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 04:57:58 AM »
Ah, the church bouncies. Always interesting to see the DUmmies venting their own massive hatred of the Christian faith.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 05:11:09 AM »
I heard a song the other day:  "It's Called Christmas With A Capital 'C',"  by Go Fish.

In the middle of the song, there is a commentary that goes something like:
"You know why people are offended by Christmas?  Because it has "Christ" in it.  Amazing, isn't it.  2000 years later, and He's STILL intimidating people!"

Ain't it the truth! 
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 10:09:26 AM »
pink-o sounds like a good choice for a pork dipped bullet.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:01 AM »
Here's another item for the twinkies to realize:  Even if the State were to at some point recognize homosexual marriage as being legit, God never will.  When all is said and done, you'll be forever in a heap of trouble.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Online SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 10:26:46 AM »
If the Bible started with only 2 men or only 2 women it would have been a very short book.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »
If the Bible started with only 2 men or only 2 women it would have been a very short book.

Bestiality.

Still practiced to this day among liberals.

*I've been waiting a year to use this pic.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »
One has to wonder where they would find meaning in their lives if they couldn't be offended by something every day. Can't just let one sentence reflective of someone's personal beliefs go and simply enjoy the wedding of a friend's son who thought enough of their friendship to invite him.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »
Isn't this similar to me showing up at a NOW meeting and then being shocked at the self-professed man hatred from the speaker?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline movie buff

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 05:35:16 AM »
Can't just let one sentence reflective of someone's personal beliefs go and simply enjoy the wedding of a friend's son who thought enough of their friendship to invite him.

Of course not.
Don't forget, DUmmies have let their entire miserable lives be driven and defined by their politics. For that reason, it would be impossible to simply enjoy a nice occasion like that.