Author Topic: A Tim Tebow question  (Read 15314 times)

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
Re: A Tim Tebow question
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »
Austin 3:16 says he just whipped Tebow's ass!

:tongue: :fuelfire:

My money would be on Tebow. Not the "entertainer".
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »
Who paints the numbers on?  That must be hard to do in the mirror.

He writes them on before pulling them off the paper. Many use eye black stickers these days.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline dixierose

« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »
IIRC, the NCAA "outlawed" messages on eyeblack the a couple of years ago....
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
IIRC, the NCAA "outlawed" messages on eyeblack the a couple of years ago....

They did. he "Tebow Rule". Brady has his own sets of rules also; they just apply to defensive players. Every time someone hits his fragile ass, he complains and gets a rule made.  :stirpot:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2012, 06:30:35 PM »
My money would be on Tebow. Not the "entertainer".

Really. I never pegged Tebow as someone who would do well in a bar fight or any other fight. He just doesn't look like he has that kind of instinct.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2012, 07:15:10 AM »
Really. I never pegged Tebow as someone who would do well in a bar fight or any other fight. He just doesn't look like he has that kind of instinct.

Pretty sure he wouldn't sit there and get his ass kicked.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »
Pretty sure he wouldn't sit there and get his ass kicked.

He doesn't look like they type that would start a fight, which is something that can't be said about a lot of other players.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »
No, he doesn't. My point though is that he doesn't look to me like the kinda guy that could hold his own in one either. I don't know for certain, but like I said, he just doesn't have that natural look in his eye. That fighter's instinct.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2012, 03:49:54 PM »
My point though is that he doesn't look to me like the kinda guy that could hold his own in one either. I don't know for certain, but like I said, he just doesn't have that natural look in his eye. That fighter's instinct.

Are you f'n kidding? Tebow is ALL fight. You're the first person I've ever seen make that asinine claim. You apparently haven't watched him play football in college. He would run over defensive backs. He's done the same in the NFL.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-jSnoxJ1zM[/youtube]

Hate on Tebow all you want, but you don't have to make shit up.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2012, 03:53:35 PM »
Now Rodgers on the other hand....

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2012, 04:12:30 PM »
Tebow is a scrapper...no question.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2012, 05:10:05 PM »
Are you f'n kidding? Tebow is ALL fight. You're the first person I've ever seen make that asinine claim. You apparently haven't watched him play football in college. He would run over defensive backs. He's done the same in the NFL.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-jSnoxJ1zM[/youtube]

Hate on Tebow all you want, but you don't have to make shit up.

I know you like Tebow Reb, but there's a clear difference from making a nice vert jump at the Combine, or even running over a defender on the field as opposed to throwing down in a bar. That much, I know.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2012, 05:48:14 PM »
I know you like Tebow Reb, but there's a clear difference from making a nice vert jump at the Combine, or even running over a defender on the field as opposed to throwing down in a bar. That much, I know.

You are correct. He would not throw down in a bar because he does not bar hop like many of the athletes that you admire.

Offline Minky

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »
Yes, he's so different from all other athletes.

What does The Bible say about this? Is this not close to prostitution in the eyes of the over-religious? I mean he is being financially compensated to sell a product and we know his PR people are hoping it also makes the ladies cream their jeans for him.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2012, 11:19:48 PM »
Yes, he's so different from all other athletes.

What does The Bible say about this? Is this not close to prostitution in the eyes of the over-religious? I mean he is being financially compensated to sell a product and we know his PR people are hoping it also makes the ladies cream their jeans for him.

The ugly dried up prunes won't. Plus, there are many women that stay home and watch trashy soap operas every day. This picture does not come close to the sluts and hos on these shows.

When he starts posing for jockey shorts with a frontal view, I will agree with you.  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:35:41 PM by Lacarnut »

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2012, 11:22:44 PM »
Everything will be OK again after tomorrow morning. Chung, Wilfork, and McCourtney will get it done tomorrow at the expense of #15. I have thge utmost confidence. If they don't, I'll eat my LeRoy Butler jersey...

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2012, 07:23:49 AM »
I, for one, would love to see Tebow try and "run over" Vince.

I know there's a lot of Tebow hate out there but the drooling Tebow love in the last few posts here was a bit over the top.

nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
This EVENING, not morning. Sorry 'bout that... :thatsright:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2012, 09:52:48 PM »

I don't think we're in College anymore, Tebow...

All joking aside, eventually, more teams are going to catch on like the Pats have in week 15, and tonight. Bank on it. Tebow is history. Maybe even by mid-season next season.

Who remembers last week's game now???  :fuelfire: :tongue:

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »
Bank on it. Tebow is history. Maybe even by mid-season next season.

Would you like to place a wager on that prediction? What's good about having a 2-time Superbowl winning hall of fame QB as a general manager is that you have a 2-time Superbowl winning hall of fame QB as a general manager.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:47:42 AM by Rebel »

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »
BTW Rev, don't fret. My G-Men are gonna handle your Pack today. Just heard from someone close to the G-Men organization, Umenyiora, Pierre-Paul, and Tuck have a fever, and the only prescription is more Rodgers.  :cowbell:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:56:06 AM by Rebel »

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »
^ Did you hear about Jacobs running his mouth earlier? Something along the lines of "Jennings is pretty good, but he's no Victor Cruz."

That might be the stupidest thing I've heard all week. Cruz was a nobody last season, and it's still up in the air whether he can perform next season like he did this year. Jacobs is just fueling our fire. Driving us to yet another win.

Would you like to place a wager on that prediction?

If you remember, Reb, there were massive whispers among Bronco brass about whether Quinn would be put in to start as opposed to Teblow not that long ago. Not that long ago at all. After yesterday's stinker, you can bet that the whispers will continue, and vary on other topics as well. i.e. Drafting a new QB, or acquiring another one by other means.

So what did you have in mind?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »
^ Did you hear about Jacobs running his mouth earlier? Something along the lines of "Jennings is pretty good, but he's no Victor Cruz."

That might be the stupidest thing I've heard all week. Cruz was a nobody last season, and it's still up in the air whether he can perform next season like he did this year. Jacobs is just fueling our fire. Driving us to yet another win.

If you remember, Reb, there were massive whispers among Bronco brass about whether Quinn would be put in to start as opposed to Teblow not that long ago. Not that long ago at all. After yesterday's stinker, you can bet that the whispers will continue, and vary on other topics as well. i.e. Drafting a new QB, or acquiring another one by other means.

So what did you have in mind?

If he's named starter next season, you have to sport the NFL flag of one of the two NFL teams I support for all of regular season, Giants or Saints. 

If I lose, I'll sport that green flag or that hideous stank yellow flag. :fuelfire:

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2012, 05:16:43 PM »
I said "maybe even" by mid-season in '12-'13, so we'll have to revise it.

How 'bout this: I guarentee that by the end of next season, he'll have lost the starting job, and Denver will have a new perspective on things. Can you go from that if you still want to make the wager?

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2012, 05:42:15 PM »
I said "maybe even" by mid-season in '12-'13, so we'll have to revise it.

How 'bout this: I guarentee that by the end of next season, he'll have lost the starting job, and Denver will have a new perspective on things. Can you go from that if you still want to make the wager?

Yes, name the date of mid-season. After the Giants win tonight, I'm thinking you'll be sporting a Giants flag if you lose.  :-)