Author Topic: SLC OWSie reaches room temp.  (Read 686 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
SLC OWSie reaches room temp.
« on: November 11, 2011, 03:24:25 PM »
Yup, just like the TEA movement.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x5056732
Freddie Stubbs (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 02:03 PM
Original message
Body, possibly Occupy protester, found in SLC’s Pioneer Park
 Source: The Salt Lake Tribune

Police were called to Salt Lake City’s Pioneer Park late Friday morning after a man, possibly one of the Occupy Salt Lake protesters, was found dead inside a tent.

Following a 911 call from the park at 10:11 a.m., police arrived and confirmed that a man had indeed died.

Police initially said the death did not appear to be suspicious, but possibly weather-related. Officers pulling contents from the tent about 11:20 a.m. found a propane heater, triggering speculation that carbon monoxide may have been a factor; a tarp was draped over the tent itself, possibly restricting ventilation further.

About two-dozen protesters and homeless people gathered behind police lines to watch as the body of the man was recovered and the scene secured. Some said the victim was a protester, others said he was homeless, still others said he was a homeless man supporting the Occupy protest who had borrowed a tent from another participant. Several said his body had been found during routine morning "tent checks."

Read more: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/52896438-78/lake-park... 
Was ID'd as an OWSie, by his own.

MADem  (1000+ posts)      Fri Nov-11-11 02:07 PM
Response to Original message
1. Jesus. How stupid. A dumb-ass way to die.
 NEVER operate a propane heater without a quality carbon-monoxide detector nearby and a source of fresh air. It's just not worth it.

If this guy was homeless, he was "inexperienced" at it. Anyone who has been living rough for a few seasons would have that shit down.
Speculated as a contributing factor, along with reported drug para.
My take is mostly a drug stupor from which he couldn't wake from.

Javaman  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 03:44 PM
4. Sad that the guy died. Sad that he wasn't informed of carbon monoxide poisoning. 
 however he died protesting. He died trying to change things. He died trying to give voice to the millions of people in this nation without any.
blahblahblah
Boofreakingwho.
Sorry DUmbass. He died being stupid.
Had he worked to improve his own life instead of demanding others provide for him, he would still be alive.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: SLC OWSie reaches room temp.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:06:43 PM »
found a propane heater, triggering speculation that carbon monoxide may have been a factor

That's a carbon footprint I can agree with.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:18:40 PM »
Javaman  (1000+ posts)        Fri Nov-11-11 03:44 PM
4. Sad that the guy died. Sad that he wasn't informed of carbon monoxide poisoning.
 however he died protesting. He died trying to change things. He died trying to give voice to the millions of people in this nation without any.
blahblahblah

How the hell is anybody over the age of five not in an informed state with regards to propane heaters giving off carbon monoxide??? :confused:  I mean, I have one of these things, and it says flat out, right on the side of the heater DON'T USE THIS DAMNED THING IN AN ENCLOSED SPACE - LIKE A TENT, YOU IDIOT!!  Apparently the Coleman Corporation's lawyers have had to deal with a few of you freaks of nature suing THEM because YOU were/are stupid.

So, if the warning is imprinted right into the case of the heater, and the idiot wasn't warned, does that mean that his Union-provided, public education FAILED HIM?!?!
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline beefeater

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »
Obviously one of them provocateurs or infiltrators trying to smear OWS.

My Old Man was a Chicago Republican until the day he died.

Then he became a democrat.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »
Okie dickie.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 05:00:28 PM »
I hope somebody was quick enough to squirt a little orange paint on him. :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 07:27:12 PM »
You have got to admit that this is one hell of an interesting experiment going just the way you would expect it to go.  Nice to be able to vindicate a theory with actual data.

I fully expect other third world diseases, social problems, and the general maladies associated with collectivism popping up in the near future.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »
You have got to admit that this is one hell of an interesting experiment going just the way you would expect it to go.  Nice to be able to vindicate a theory with actual data.

I fully expect other third world diseases, social problems, and the general maladies associated with collectivism popping up in the near future.
It already has, sir.
Didn't you notice Hugo went to Cuba for cancer treatment, and was cured? :whatever:

Oops, my bad.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
Dont call me Shirley (332 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Nov-11-11 04:39 PM
5. This is becoming a pattern, dead people showing up in the Occupy camps.

Nobody expects THE OWS ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!

I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 08:13:35 PM »
Dont call me Shirley (332 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Nov-11-11 04:39 PM
5. This is becoming a pattern, dead people showing up in the Occupy camps.
Were they dead before they got there?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 08:33:59 PM »
Were they dead before they got there?

Only the "dem voters".  :-)
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »

Nobody expects THE OWS ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!

What a homo! Is the guy in front of the pack actually wearing a fanny pack?  :rotf:
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »
What a homo! Is the guy in front of the pack actually wearing a fanny pack?  :rotf:
That's a "Man Purse".
Fanny pack is sexist.

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 11:37:24 AM »
That's a "Man Purse".
Fanny pack is sexist.
I always called them f ag bags.