Author Topic: Nads knows the military  (Read 473 times)

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
Nads knows the military
« on: November 11, 2011, 08:44:20 AM »
Link
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-10-11 09:54 PM
Original message
On veterans day...

Edited on Thu Nov-10-11 09:57 PM by nadinbrzezinski
tomorrow please, do not thank people for their service, It really pisses people off. Trust me on this, heard this from way too many veterans, not just my husband. If you must say something nice, welcome them home. This especially applies to our Nam era vets...

But here is what I'd like you to do. Commit yourself to make sure the country does well by it's vets. No, not because they are a privileged class, no Mr. Demint, that is not it. But because in the words of the FIRST commander in chief of the Armed Forces, and Commanding General of the Continental Army put it, a nation will be judged by how it treats it's veterans.

And to the vets on this board... welcome home...

And also commit yourself to something else, a world where no more war is done. In our day and age it is especially easy and our entertainment industry always makes it look like fun... again take my word on this,,, it's not fun... nor honorable in the way our media likes to portray it. Yes there is honor in some of it... and a camaraderie that can't be explained... you gotta live it, but not in the way our movies portray it.

And to the vets amongst us... welcome home, truly, welcome home.

Because I really hate it when someone says thank you to me.

But a free car would be nice...
SoDesuKa Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-10-11 11:18 PM
Response to Reply #5
12. I'd Rather Get a Free Car

I don't want crumbs of gratitude; I'd rather have a free car. It doesn't have to be fancy - after all, it's the principle that matters. And when I'm taking ownership of my free car, I'd like to open up the glove compartment and find a generic apology to me and everyone else who was duped by the military. It doesn't need to be personal, and certainly not heart-felt. But if all you're going to do is talk, you can at least say that.

And here comes obamanaut to pee in her cheerios.
Obamanaut Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Nov-11-11 05:23 AM
Response to Original message
20. There is nothing wrong with recognizing the military service of another with a sincere

"Thank you for your service" type statement. It is not said to anger anyone. Just as a genuine "Merry Christmas" as a seasonal greeting is not meant to aggravate. The speaker in neither case knows the mindset of the one being greeted - does not know (in the case of the Christmas greeting) what faith system the listener holds (if any), he/she just knows that for them it is a happy season and wants to share.

If one does not want to be thanked for service, simply acknowledge with a nod and be on your way. It is not necessary to enter into a harangue about beliefs (just as a sincere Christmas/holiday greeting does not), or the ills of society,

For the 'service' greeting, my response is along the line of "I enjoyed my career, and now I enjoy my retirement, so thank *you*."

For the Christmas one, a simple "And to you as well."

Neither greeting really pisses off most people, not really. Cannot say for sure, having not met "most" people, but that's what I imagine.

Pretty small campfire so far.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Re: Nads knows the military
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 08:57:33 AM »
My job has me in uniform every working day and the directorate I work for has high public visibility. I have to move amongst the public quite a bit and when I do not a foray goes by without someone thanking me for my service. It makes me a tad self-conscious; not because what they say upsets me but because I wonder if I'm living up to the ideals they're envisioning. It NEVER pisses me off and I'm proud when people thank my young soldiers.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »
My job has me in uniform every working day and the directorate I work for has high public visibility. I have to move amongst the public quite a bit and when I do not a foray goes by without someone thanking me for my service. It makes me a tad self-conscious; not because what they say upsets me but because I wonder if I'm living up to the ideals they're envisioning. It NEVER pisses me off and I'm proud when people thank my young soldiers.
I remember a day a few years back while I was stationed at Bethesda. I was still in uniform on the way home and had to stop for gas. I was pulling my credit card out of my wallet when an older gentleman in a WWII vet hat beat me to the card reader and swiped his. He said that he was still alive thanks to a Corpsman and he always tries to give back when he sees one.
I was speechless.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 09:28:14 AM »
Nads knows so mush that isn't so.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 09:34:35 AM »
Bitchslap meet bitch.

To all our Vets................................Thank You for your service.     :cheersmate:

“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 09:42:11 AM »
nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Nov-10-11 09:54 PM
Original message
On veterans day tomorrow please, do not thank people for their service

Liberal family values.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 09:56:38 AM »
As loathe as I am to resort to violence, if I were ever to meed nads face-to-face, I'd probably give her a ****ing throat-punch just for general principle for the shit she's put out there.

If she believes even one-tenth of the shit she puts out, she's a reprehensible human being.

a generic apology to me and everyone else who was duped by the military.

And to the above quoted DUmmie, GFY.  You never ****ing served, you douchenozzle, so quit asking for what you don't deserve.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford