Author Topic: Many upset charity donating food to Occupy Portland  (Read 1226 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
Re: Many upset charity donating food to Occupy Portland
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »
I think I'd go ahead and donate food to the OWSies from my food bank.  However, it'd be the absolute DREGS of what people have donated.  Canned spinach, canned potatoes, anything truly NASTY tasting.  I'd definitely save the more edible stuff for those in true need of food, not a psych eval. :p

You should add those special ex-lax brownies to your list.   :-)

Offline Boudicca

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 07:03:36 PM »
You should add those special ex-lax brownies to your list.   :-)

Heh, but tell them *wink wink* the extra ingredient is ganja, not ex-lax. :lmao:
Sneaking into a country doesn't make you an immigrant any
more than breaking into someone's house makes you part of the family.
(Poster bolky from thehill.com blog discussion)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »
BH posted that the Porta Potties will be removed tomorrow at Occupest Portland because of vandalism, and the Unions that are paying for the Porta Potties refuse to pay the increase in fees that the Company wants, so my question is this, 300 pounds of food were taken from hard working families to feed the Occupest protesters who BTW are infested with lice, with no Porta Potties where will all that food go after it goes through the persons bowels?
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »
BH posted that the Porta Potties will be removed tomorrow at Occupest Portland because of vandalism, and the Unions that are paying for the Porta Potties refuse to pay the increase in fees that the Company wants, so my question is this, 300 pounds of food were taken from hard working families to feed the Occupest protesters who BTW are infested with lice, with no Porta Potties where will all that food go after it goes through the persons bowels?
Where would it have gone before? Remember, most of these Occupoopers were homeless bums before they became "protesters".

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2011, 09:30:02 PM »

A food bank with 300 pounds of food expiring in the next day?  Most food banks in the country that I'm aware of are struggling.  How did this one end up with 300 pounds of extra food? 

On that note, I would be very suspicious of any food bank that has loads of food sitting on the shelves.  Either there is a logistics issue, or someone isn't getting the word out, so they can skim free groceries for themselves.     

A lot of stores will donate a lot food on edge of expiration and if two or three stores donate at almost the same time it is not had to end up with 300 pounds and sometimes you just can not get rid of it fast enough even these days. In fact the one time I went they really wanted me to take more then I needed since it was going to turn soon. I got a lot of stuff from the bakery and deli ( lemon cake, cookies, bbq wings...stuff like that ). I know 300 sounds like a lot but if I were to weigh what I took home that day it would have come close to 100 pounds. That was about a month of food for one person. So yeah, 300 could have fed a family of three or four for a month but it would not have lasted that long.

Now having said that that food should have gone to the local mission and NOT to a bunch of kids and freaks with HOMES they can GO BACK TO to eat. I'll bet you a buck almost all of them either have money or food stamps and just don't want to dip into their own stash.
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi