Author Topic: Blue_In_AK's tree "overpruned" by her electric company  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Karin

Re: Blue_In_AK's tree "overpruned" by her electric company
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 08:42:24 AM »
The roads looked paved in the first, and gravel in the second. 

Anyway, it's a commie tree, it has to go.  No Commies Dammit! 

Offline Erasmus

• Holla ifju thank im seeeeexy!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 04:50:15 PM »
I think it's the same tree, one looking out to the street and one looking back in from the street (probably standing near the double mailboxes).  She apparently lives near a corner or on the corner in her trailer park.  The tree was probably the most valuable thing on the lot, and the damned Republican utility company chopped it down.
 :bawl:

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 06:11:52 PM »
That tree will be just fine. These trees grow like holly bushes. When they get trimmed all the way back like that the become more bushy and less tall. If the primitive is smart, they will let it be and wait to see what happens next spring.

here you go, primitive - maybe a lurking DUmbass will let you know all is not lost..

For a bunch of tree-hugging hippies, you sure lack a fundamental understanding of said trees, dont'cha ?

Mayday Tree (Prunus padus commutata) The Mayday Tree is of medium height (30'), low-branched and has a compact, rounded canopy that may reach 20'. It is one of the first trees to leaf out and bloom in spring. Related to the chokecherry, it is taller and is usually pruned down to a single trunk. Mayday Tree is hardy to zone 3, has low to moderate water needs and is drought resistant.  It tolerates most soils, including our alkaline soil, as long as they are well-drained. This tree can be grown in full sun or partial shade.

Drawbacks include susceptibility to black knot. This is a fungal disease that can be controlled by pruning. The trees branches are stiff and can be broken by heavy snow. Unless the roots are disturbed, it does not tend to sucker.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
Well, I went and read the entire thread - there do seem to be a few primitives who have an understanding of the way many trees work, but the majority of the chorus is singing 'sue the tree killers ! ' instead.

If you leave the tree alone, its well-established root system will generate a massive new canopy in just a few years, provided the tree isn't otherwise diseased. You will not have to wait 'decades' for it to happen. If you love that tree as much as you claim to, seal the cut areas and leave it be. You can thank me later.

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
intheflow Donating Member (1000+ posts)      Tue Oct-25-11 09:42 AM
Response to Original message
118. Oh God, Blue!

I read your post on this yesterday on fb but didn't see the second shot. What ****ing assholes! These people "trim" trees like Bush "knew" Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Looks like those weapons were sent to Alaska and given to the city trimming crew. Fuuuuuck!
Once again it's all the fault of Booooosh!!
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori