Author Topic: Friends Claim Man Killed by Houston Police After High-Speed Chase Was CIA Agent  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Friends Claim Man Killed by Houston Police After High-Speed Chase Was CIA Agent
FOX News
Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Authorities are investigating mysterious claims that a man killed by Houston police after a car chase was a CIA agent, MyFOXHouston reported.

Roland Vincent Carnaby, 52, was initially pulled over during a routine traffic stop Tuesday, but drove off when the officer discovered his concealed weapon license. A high-speed chase ensued, during which Carnaby was said to be armed.

Houston officers said they shot him as he was getting out of his Jeep SUV because he made a sudden move, according to MyFOXHouston. He died en route to the hospital, police said.

Full Article

=====================================================

Strange story all I can say. He may not be a CIA agent or he could be in the past.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
While the CIA denies that Carnaby worked there, friends insist he was a federal intelligence agent, according to The Houston Chronicle.

That alone makes me skeptical.

In Texas, if you reach for something after the cops call you out then you know damn well you're gonna get some serious lead upside your ass.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

when the officer discovered his concealed weapon license.

WTF?  They get to go through your wallet during "Routine traffic stops" in Texas???

:???:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline john c calhoun

WTF?  They get to go through your wallet during "Routine traffic stops" in Texas???

hey  tank, how ya been??...

you haven't picked up on lil trend in the Bush admin ?  ...  :lmao:

but I haven't lived in Tex in  15 years now, so can only imagine how bad it is now after  homeland security on the former tex governor turned prez has given government carte blance on illegal search n seizure ...

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation

Or it showed up when he ran his name, and the "CIA Agent"(actually the real deals are officers) freaked out when he thought the LEO was going to do a search.
Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Perhaps it is the way the story is written, guys, but it does sound like a physical check rather than the computer run, which would indeed normally turn it up.  How would the driver suddenly know a hit had come up on the computer and change his behavior from that point?  I suppose it could happen if it came over voice radio to his handheld while he was at the car, but in most jurisdictions the cop runs the computer check completely to ground before getting out of the car.

Perhaps it is just my memories of the unConstitutional "Consent" searches beloved by the NJSP that is bugging me, but something smells odd about the whole scenario as related.

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
Legit CIA Paramilitary Officers(which is what they are trying to make out that he was I think) that I have know of were real professional guys, I find it hard to believe a legit one would do something this stupid.

I have had a roommate get pulled over for a weapon, that was legal, and he got treated pretty unfairly by out of their league PO's, but he just waited it out in the back of the squad car.

Embrace the Hate

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." Gen. Colin Powell

Offline DumbAss Tanker

I've known guys that both really worked for the CIA and who contracted for it, MPCOA, what you say is certainly true of the guys who were real employees, but for the guys who worked on contract, not so much.  Not that I'm saying I buy a penny worth of the guy's rep on that part of the story, either, I think it stinks on both ends.

Offline MPCOA

• Just Off Probation
I've known guys that both really worked for the CIA and who contracted for it, MPCOA, what you say is certainly true of the guys who were real employees, but for the guys who worked on contract, not so much.  Not that I'm saying I buy a penny worth of the guy's rep on that part of the story, either, I think it stinks on both ends.

Oh, I hear what you are saying, which is pretty good with my ears, I just like to give LEO's the benefit of the doubt. If anything if you are dumb enough to hand over your wallet...

Embrace the Hate

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Legit CIA Paramilitary Officers(which is what they are trying to make out that he was I think) that I have know of were real professional guys, I find it hard to believe a legit one would do something this stupid.

I have had a roommate get pulled over for a weapon, that was legal, and he got treated pretty unfairly by out of their league PO's, but he just waited it out in the back of the squad car.

If a CIA agent bragged about it, than they blew their cover. As for the ones who work for contract it is different.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du