Author Topic: Uh oh, here they go  (Read 1566 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Uh oh, here they go
« on: October 13, 2011, 04:00:49 PM »
workinclasszero (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-13-11 06:58 PM
Original message
EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION: Prevent the forcible closure of Occupy Wall Street
 Source: http://occupywallst.org /

EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION: Prevent the forcible closure of Occupy Wall Street!

Posted Oct. 13, 2011, 2:14 p.m. EST by OccupyWallSt

Tell Bloomberg: Don't Foreclose the Occupation.
Join us at 6AM FRIDAY for non-violent eviction defense.

Please take a minute to read this, and please take action and spread the word far and wide.

Occupy Wall Street is gaining momentum, with occupation actions now happening in cities across the country.

But last night Mayor Bloomberg and the NYPD notified Occupy Wall Street participants about plans to “clean the park”—the site of the Wall Street protests—tomorrow starting at 7am. "Cleaning" was used as a pretext to shut down “Bloombergville” a few months back, and to shut down peaceful occupations elsewhere.

Bloomberg says that the park will be open for public usage following the cleaning, but with a notable caveat: Occupy Wall Street participants must follow the “rules”. These rules include, "no tarps or sleeping bags" and "no lying down."

So, seems likely that this is their attempt to shut down #OWS for good.

Read more: http://occupywallst.org /

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click link for more

Lindsay  (1000+ posts)      Thu Oct-13-11 07:02 PM
Response to Original message
1. So Bloomberg gets to make up new rules
 whenever he feels like it?

Nice.

For him and the rest of the Overlords.

But those are public safety regualtions. You're not some sort of Teahadists that hates public safety, are you?

truedelphi  (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-13-11 07:18 PM
Response to Reply #1
5. Well, we can't have "mob" rule now can
 Edited on Thu Oct-13-11 07:24 PM by truedelphi
We?

Much better to have these dictatorial forces from the Upper One Percent making their intelligent moves on the chessboard of a movement..

justiceischeap  (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-13-11 07:54 PM
Response to Reply #3
18. Have to disagree Warpy, they're posting new rules once they get them out of the park
 for "cleaning." The new rules include the following, no tents, no sleeping bags, no tarps... basically, no way to comfortably occupy the outdoors at this time of year.

Fire Walk With Me (1000+ posts)        Thu Oct-13-11 07:35 PM
Response to Reply #9
14. It's a lose-lose situation, another conniving police tactic. I agree with being peaceful 
 but this is just more of the same war they've been waging from the beginining.

And on it goes.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2111125

They're spoiling for a fight.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Re: Uh oh, here they go
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
I loved Rudy's take on this on Hannity. He would have stopped it, THE FIRST DAY.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »
Which bring up the obvious question:  Isn't an occupation where you're taking up residence in a place where those in control and/or the current residents would rather not have you around?  So how can they "occupy" Wall Street when the powers-that-be have granted them a permit to be there?  Sorta kills the whole "occupy" theme.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:15:25 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rugnuts

• (not a carpet layer)
  • (ಠ ›ಠ)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 04:06:52 PM »
why stop with tents and sleeping bags

take away everything the "criminal capitalistic system" has given them.

new scene of the protest:

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 04:07:09 PM »
Flamethrowers DO fall into the "cleaning devices" category.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »
Another lost opportunity for the DUmmies to earn some cash, who here would not pay to watch a streaming video of the vagrants in the park being removed forcefully or otherwise. 

All it requires is some entrepreneurial spirit to setup a video cam near by or even in the office windows across the street and let it run. 

I know it would be very unproductive day tomorrow as I would be riveted to the monitor watching for the next hippie to get tasered.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 04:12:39 PM by 67 Rover »
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »
EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION! IT'S THE CAVITY CREEPS!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwxuVFtAbY4&feature=related[/youtube]
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline whiffleball

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »
I loved Rudy's take on this on Hannity. He would have stopped it, THE FIRST DAY.

That's exactly what Bloomberg should have done.  Let them have their couple of hours, then shoo them back to the dark corners they crawled from.

In every TP gathering I've been lucky enough to get to people got their permits if needed, showed up and left at the times set, thanked LEO present, left the area looking the same or better than when we arrived.  There's no reason why the occupiers could not have done the same.  Perhaps someone might hear whatever it is their message might be if they act with a modicum of decency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 04:17:10 PM »
"Clean the park" is covert language for "beat up hippies".  :wink:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 04:22:29 PM »

"beat up hippies" is covert language for "Must See TV !"  :-)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 04:30:15 PM »

This is going to be one of those times I'm glad I joined the Guard.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 04:40:09 PM »
Gee DUmmies, just what did you expect, you walked in, took over, trashed the place, shit and piss everywhere, then you wonder why you aren't exactly welcome back?

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »
Hey assholes, sooner or later someone has to wash the smell of dirty hippy crotch out of the place. If they didn't, you'd be complaining about "the intolerable conditions" NYC is forcing you to protest under.

Besides, isn't that private property to begin with? You're lucky to even have a nest to foul. If I owned Zucotti Park I'd have already hired my own Blackwater bouncers to dropkick your asses out of there.

Actually, I could probably get a troop of Brownies to do it, and cheaper, but I believe in hiring veterans.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 05:13:53 PM »
Looks like the hippies are making some attempt to start cleaning up the park, maybe they should have been doing that since day one, instead of waiting for a month.
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline MoshMasterD

• The Cornette Face
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »
But those are public safety regualtions. You're not some sort of Teahadists that hates public safety, are you?

And on it goes.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2111125

They're spoiling for a fight.

According to NYPD, some of them are firearm packed.
"They cannot win. We outnumber them in this country, and we have the guns… I’m not kidding. They talk a mean game, but they will not cross that line because they know what they’re dealing with."

Andrew Breitbart

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 05:31:01 PM »
A few well-aimed fire hoses can work wonders. Clean the park... the protesters... It's all good...

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 05:33:47 PM »

If true and I highly doubt it then they are the 1% .
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 05:40:35 PM »
I was just wondering if the clOWnS were smoking in public and using salt? Maybe that's why Bloomberg is giving them the boot.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 05:50:53 PM »

A recent NYT article describing how few legal handguns there are in NYC.

The article states there are only 37,000 people licensed to own a handgun. In NYC the number of civilians actually allowed to carry concealed are in the hundreds.  FYI you need to have a handgun purchase authorized by the commissioner before the actual sale and they only have recorded 41,164 sales in a city of >7 million.  Again if anyone in NYC has a license to carry concealed then they are truly the 1% they are protesting against.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/20/nyregion/20guns.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1318545776-jh156GcxY6CcfGN3799LHg
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2011, 05:56:52 PM »
WTG in getting more Americans against you.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Doubleplusungood

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
EMERGENCY CALL TO ACTION! IT'S THE CAVITY CREEPS!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwxuVFtAbY4&feature=related[/youtube]

Wow! I do remember that commercial. I hadn't thought of it since the 80s till you posted that video. Nostalgia Hi5.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2011, 07:35:15 PM »
I say we take off, and nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Bodadh

• Not in the mood!
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »
Hey assholes, sooner or later someone has to wash the smell of dirty hippy crotch out of the place. If they didn't, you'd be complaining about "the intolerable conditions" NYC is forcing you to protest under.

Is it just me or is this generation of protesters a bunch of wussies? Personally I would love to see only one cop show up with a truck and one of those sonic weapons to clear out all the wanna be anarchist heroes. If NYC has a the ability to bring down a plane then you know they have to have at least one of these things locked up somewhere.

OH! Even better. One in a helicopter. Just hover and watch all the rats scatter with all their improvised body armor and Soviet era gas masks with no one to retaliate against.
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
Wow! I do remember that commercial. I hadn't thought of it since the 80s till you posted that video. Nostalgia Hi5.

I remember the one where the Cavity Creeps march to war - 'We make holes in teeth ! - We Make holes in teeth!' more vividly than this one - but I do remember it.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 09:06:20 PM »
Is it just me or is this generation of protesters a bunch of wussies? Personally I would love to see only one cop show up with a truck and one of those sonic weapons to clear out all the wanna be anarchist heroes. If NYC has a the ability to bring down a plane then you know they have to have at least one of these things locked up somewhere.

OH! Even better. One in a helicopter. Just hover and watch all the rats scatter with all their improvised body armor and Soviet era gas masks with no one to retaliate against.

Hell yeah, even the hippies of my generation were made of tougher stuff than these numbnuts. Look at the '68 Democratic National Convention. They got their asses kicked but at least they fought back. Your modern DU hippy collapses in a puddle of piss at the slightest whiff of pepper spray, then wants to call Daddy's lawyer to sue somebody. Some revolutionaries, this lot are.

Oh, and while I'm waxing nostalgic for the hippy days of yore, my hippies didn't ask for entitlement checks. They would show enough initiative to get up off the couch and stand in the drive-thru lane at Jack-In-The-Box cadging "spare change" from the customers. Today's hippies want it mailed to them by the government or direct deposited, and there better damn well be enough in there for dinner and a movie too, because they deserve a little recreation.

Worthless scum.
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself