Author Topic: I need advice and lodging!! My college just pulled funding for our trip to the W  (Read 2063 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Colder weather will be setting in soon, which will pretty much disband the protests for the year. I'm dreading this summer. It's going to be an "American Summer."  :mental:  :whatever:

It's going to be really, really ugly.

Unfortunately, I think that you're right.  The summer of 2012 is going to get ugly.  If I were the chief of police for the city that the Republican Convention is going to be held in, I'd be laying in National Guard help now . . . then I'd be tripling what I thought I needed.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:12:59 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
Colder weather will be setting in soon, which will pretty much disband the protests for the year. I'm dreading this summer. It's going to be an "American Summer."  :mental:  :whatever:

It's going to be really, really ugly.

No.

I saw a pic of one of the protests  with a sign asking for items (can't remember where I saw it. I've seen so many). One of the items requested was an electric blanket and extension cord.

I wonder where he was going to plug it in?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
So soon we forget the WHITE college students up north that went on Freedom Rides to the south in the 1960's.  Some of these kids didn't come back alive.[28]

Offline jtyangel

Not only dining but gas! , I was at a Hess gas station the other day and to my suprise there was a large Red White and Blue sticker on the pump that proudly declared "we accept EBT cards at the pump".  My face got red as I passed $70 to fill my tank. 

EBT cards also hold welfare benefits now. I think they put on whatever the person qualifies for onto one card and it's differentiated by 'food' or 'cash'. What that is saying is they can use their CASH welfare benefits right at the pump. The problem I have with all the EBT convenience is it makes it easier to defraud the system. How many addicts can offer someone a tank of gas on their cash EBT benefit for cents on the dollar to get cash to spend on dope? And now EBT transactions don't even require the interaction of a cashier or manager to perhaps detect potential fraud. One can defraud the taxpayer right out at the gas pump with nobody getting wind of it. Bad idea imo. I'm torn over this whole thing since I had help following my divorce and I still get a waiver for my disabled son that is no income related but disability related. I have done and do everything to use the help I'm given responsibly and I'm sure there are many others like me. I won't even mention the fact that during the good years, we put in enough that I probably could not even come close to touching that with the little bit of help I have taken--ultimately I feel like I'm accessing a bank account we put into years ago since we actually were and are contributors. That aside, the government should get serious about the fraud. Ultimately, that would make a different to that system I think. A hard discussion about what constitutes poor should happen too. I don' tknow how anyone can't sit here and see the disingenuous nature of liberals who on one hand cry out about the obesity problem and on the other hand actually want to say people are going hungry. Liberals are very adept at wanting it both ways to whatever suits their message du jour. Much of my prodding on places like facebook has been to remind the soft middle of the conflicting messages and to be careful to not get themselves wrapped up into something they think is a relevant movement of this time while ignoring the conflicting and disturbing messages coming out from there--ie my message it to remain vigilant to truth and to seek out hypocrisy and conflict and give it the light of day. Don't be snookered  because you think this stupid shit is cool.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Reading between the lines, it sounds a whole lot like the college put up $8,000 plus a bunch of non-monetary support like buses, then the moonbats got their mommies and daddies to put up another $2,000, then saner heads prevailed at the college.

You know the way primitives have a bad habit of jumping the gun, claiming something before it's a fact.

And then it turns out to not be so in the end.

I'll bet the primitive overheard a discussion about "asking" the college to help with expenses, someone said yeah, they would ask.....and this primitive trotted over to Skins's island to announce it as a done deal (which obviously it wasn't).
apres moi, le deluge