Author Topic: Bad etiquette from beginners sparks yoga rage  (Read 2790 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Bad etiquette from beginners sparks yoga rage
« on: January 13, 2008, 04:32:37 AM »
For thousands of years, yoga has brought inner calm and spiritual peace to its adherents.

Now, however, its followers are becoming exercised over the intrusion of modern manners.

So-called "yoga rage" is on the rise as a surge of new year novices tread on toes both literally and metaphorically.

"That means a higher incidence of mobile phones going off during classes, which always angers the more considerate clients, or people rushing out to the changing room before the session is over, which is deeply unrelaxing, disruptive and annoying for those winding down."

Jane Craggs, a teacher at the Yoga Shala centre in Manchester, said that many of her regular clients were struggling to keep their tempers as an influx of "new year beginners" joined their sessions.

"Classes are absolutely packed at the beginning of the year, so yoga rage is definitely more exaggerated," she said. "The beginners don't realise that yoga is all about self-awareness, so they come into class late, take off their shoes noisily, drop their loose change and step on hands as they try to find a space for their mat which often prompts hard stares and angry muttering.

"The more experienced students can get very edgy about it, particularly if space is tight and they end up with someone's foot in their mouth during a twist because the beginners are not as spatially aware. That is when the elbows come out and there can be a bit of pushing."

link

Offline Schadenfreude

Re: Bad etiquette from beginners sparks yoga rage
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 08:04:11 AM »
Nothing like total relaxation to bring out the monster in one.  :-) I love yoga and do it at home behind a closed door. That way I can keep the inconsiderate golden and 2 kitties from trying to knock me down.
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€

Offline Celtic Rose

• All American Girl
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »
Yoga is wonderful :-)  I have to wonder about a yoga practitioner who is so tense that a beginner can get them seriously upset though  :p

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 09:05:26 AM »
Yoga is wonderful :-)  I have to wonder about a yoga practitioner who is so tense that a beginner can get them seriously upset though  :p
Perhaps the teacher should do a bit of a remedial yoga class.  :-)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 09:43:55 AM »
Nothing like total relaxation to bring out the monster in one.  :-) I love yoga and do it at home behind a closed door. That way I can keep the inconsiderate golden and 2 kitties from trying to knock me down.
Did you say Golden doing Yoga????

[attachment deleted by admin]
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 11:15:03 AM »

Is that your pup CH?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 11:21:07 AM »

Is that your pup CH?

yep

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 11:34:27 AM »

Is that your pup CH?

yep

He (She?) is gorgeous. We have a darker red retriever. She's a hussie, I just caught her taunting the neigbor's sled dog who is tethered. She came in the house with foam all over her mouth.  :lmao:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 11:57:49 AM »
Was a he, but cut his balls off.................so it's now an it

Offline Schadenfreude

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 12:54:12 PM »
Was a he, but cut his balls off.................so it's now an it

I bet Sade could make him feel like a man again.  :-)
“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.â€