Author Topic: Omaha Steve being rude; loses Toyota vote--puts MineralMan on ignore  (Read 2561 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1995820

Oh my.

Omaha Steve  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:34 AM
Original message

While shopping at the mall a saleman asked "would we like to test drive a Toyota?"

When a simple "NO" wasn't enough, he got a blast from both of us his other prospects could all hear.  I hope he learned his lesson for the rest of the weekend sale.

Japan didn't extend it's clunker program to US cars.

Some models not made in North America.

Profit goes mostly to Japan.

Lingering questions about safety.

Union organizing drives have been treated unfairly according to the National Labor Relations Board. It was chilly and I had my AFSCME wind breaker on.

He turned and made a get away with a brisk walk.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:37 AM
Response to Original message

1. Nice. So you read a guy trying to do his job the riot act?

I doubt that the guy you were ranting at has much to do with Toyota's corporate policies, you know. Just say, "No, thanks" and walk on. Very rude behavior on your part, I think.

madmom (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:39 AM
Response to Reply #1

3. "When a simple "NO" wasn't enough" sometimes it takes more.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:44 AM
Response to Reply #3

6. More is simply walking away. For Pete's sake.

At the mall, someone's always trying to get your attention so they can sell you something. I don't even acknowledge their questions unless I have some sort of interest in what's happening at their kiosk. Why would anyone stand and argue with a salesman at the shopping center? What could possibly be the point of that?

NNN0LHI  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 09:39 AM
Response to Reply #1

4. Poster said "a simple "NO" wasn't enough", in his first sentence

Are you being obtuse?

Don

Hmmmmm.

The grouchy old primitive must've gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:42 AM
Response to Reply #4

5. How could it not be enough? Did the salesman stop them from walking away? I doubt that very much. Just say no and go. It's that simple. In fact, you can walk on while the guy's asking the question and just ignore him. That's what I do with mall vendors most of the time. I can't imagine arguing with some mall salesperson over anything. Walk on.

Omaha Steve  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:45 AM
Response to Reply #1

8. He should have stopped at a emphatic NO or read the looks on our faces

He didn't. He pushed a button or 2 and we pushed back. He just might have learned no means no from people not in his showroom.

It was a sidewalk sale where there is no dealership. We walked out of the store on a public sidewalk and he started his pitch.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:48 AM
Response to Reply #8

10. Walk on. You have no obligation to talk to a sidewalk salesperson, and nothing is accomplished by arguing with one. Just walk on. You don't have to teach him a lesson. You don't have to do anything. What could you possibly have accomplished with your rant? Do you think the salesperson will quit that job after being enlightened by you? Complete waste of time and very annoying for bystanders as well...or perhaps entertaining, depending on who they are. Useless either way.

pintobean  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 09:50 AM
Response to Reply #8

11. 'We buy Amerinan' would have gotten the point across.

Being rude doesn't help our cause.

Union Scribe (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 09:52 AM
Response to Reply #1

12. Scabs. **** em. Flunkies too.

The union busters wanted this class war, now they've got it, including their foot soldiers.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:00 AM
Response to Reply #12

16. Right...whatever...

The guy has a job. Lots of people don't. He's not Toyota.

Union Scribe (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:05 AM
Response to Reply #16

22. And the guy calling to raise funds for Perry isn't Perry.

Doesn't mean he isn't serving a vile cause, does it? I'm not worried about the feelings of people working against my people.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:10 AM
Response to Reply #22

26. I just hang up on that guy as soon as I know who he represents.

Why would I waste my time doing anything else? Life's short. I do things that have the potential to make a difference in some way. I try very hard not to waste my time.

Bluenorthwest  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:06 AM
Response to Reply #1

23. Did you read the post?

It says "When a simple "NO" wasn't enough, he got a blast from both of us"

That means they did what you are so sagely advising and it did not work. The salesperson did not accept the no. And for me, when what I say is ignored, I owe nothing more in terms of being polite.

A simple NO was not enough. It is as if you did not even read what is written. You advise them to do exactly what they did. Really something to see, that. Reminds me of Python dialog:

woman a: So you've been shopping?
Woman b: No. I've been shopping.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:11 AM
Response to Reply #23

27. Yes, I did read the post, thanks.

Walking on is the appropriate response. No salesperson will follow you very far if you ignore what is being said. Guaranteed.

itsallhappening (255 posts)     Sat Sep-24-11 10:07 AM
Response to Reply #1

24. Agreed. Definitely a case of misplaced anger and frustration over something else.

still_one  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 09:45 AM

7. You should have walked away. You are just dealing with a regular sales person

Orrex  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:47 AM

9. You should have smashed him in the face with a pie and blasted him with selzer water

If only there'd been some way for you to remove yourself from conversation with him!

I hope he learned his lesson for the rest of the weekend sale.

Well, if he's been on the job more than 15 minutes, then he probably moved on to the next prospect without much more than a blip.

Your intent may have been noble, but your target was poorly chosen, rather like filling and abandoning a shopping cart at Walmart.

Omaha Steve  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:53 AM
Response to Reply #9

13. First ignore I know of in over 30,000 posts (the tears are falling now) ADULT LANGUAGE REPLY

There goes my free speech.

Perhaps a loud **** OFF and run away with Marta's bad ankles, knees, and hips from osteoarthritis on a brick sidewalk would have been better?

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:56 AM
Response to Reply #13

14. Walk, don't run.

Orrex  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:57 AM
Response to Reply #13

15. Who said anything about free speech? Say "**** OFF" to whomever you like!

I'm saying only that you picked a dubious target. When you go through the drive-thru, do you yell at the cashier about McDonalds' deforestation policies?

Omaha Steve  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:05 AM
Response to Reply #15

19. I don't use bad words in public or on the DU

Work or private conversation is different.

That would have been much more rude to me than what we felt was appropriate. After a no he starts in on the reasons to just drive one. We tried walking away and he had to keep pushing buttons.

I was also on a narcotic for the last 3 days. I had an epidural on my neck (second in 2 months) yesterday afternoon. I wasn't in the best of moods to begin with. I guess I go back and say I'm sorry today.

Orrex  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:13 AM
Response to Reply #19

31. Sure, if saying sorry will make you feel better

Have you never dealt with a salesperson before? By training, they don't even hear the first four "no's" out of your mouth. When a Republican propagandist approaches you from his booth, do you engage with him or simply walk on?

No one here doubts your pro-worker cred; I read your stuff all the time and routinely link to it for non-DUers.

But don't waste your time on the sales guy.

Union Scribe (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:02 AM

17. You were fine. You let him off easy.

He was an idiot for pressing a guy in a union jacket. He should stick to targeting people wearing made in China American flag apparel.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:05 AM
Response to Reply #17

21. Lots of union folks driving Toyotas out there.

Truly there are. Nurses, teachers, and others from all walks of life. The sales guy at the shopping center isn't Toyota. He's just another guy who has a job. Yelling at him does nothing at all except make the person yelling look foolish.

Union Scribe (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:07 AM
Response to Reply #21

25. And that's ****ing sickening.

Those people should be embarrassed, and should be told as much. Your passionate defense of them isn't working.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:12 AM
Response to Reply #25

29. I'm defending nobody. It is their choice.

They may do whatever they wish without my input, either before or after they do it.

Bluenorthwest  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:21 AM
Response to Reply #29

38. You are arguing in favor of the aggressive salesman

You are defending them. Of course, no one has to take it seriously, but you are in fact, taking the side of the hard sales aggressor. Not sure why. I mean, what's it to you?

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:24 AM
Response to Reply #38

41. No, I"m not doing that at all. I'm suggesting that it's better to simply ignore such salespersons and walk on. I'm annoyed by such things, myself, but I've never felt the need to stop and argue with a salesperson making an unsolicited approach. What good could that do. If a salesperson like that is extremely persistent, I simply say, "I'm not interested. Please do not bother me further." Then, I continue to walk on.

Yelling at people in public is simply bad form and accomplishes nothing whatsoever. I don't do it.

pintobean  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:12 AM
Response to Reply #21

28. I see them on union construction sites.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:15 AM
Response to Reply #28

35. Of course. People do what they want to do.

I've never owned a Toyota. Why? Because I haven't found one I wanted, new or used. I only drive used cars, and brand is not one of the things I use when deciding which one to buy. Other factors are the reasons. Right now, I have a Volvo and a GMC. An old Volvo. Both are union made, I discovered, but that wasn't an issue, either in deciding to buy either one.

So, you'll always see cars not built by union workers that are owned by union members.

pintobean  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:22 AM
Response to Reply #35

39. I think it's sad

We expect the auto makers to build, remodel and retool with union labor. We should support each other.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:27 AM
Response to Reply #39

45. Yes. If those are strongly held beliefs they should be followed.

Many union members, however, are not all that strong as labor supporters. That isn't always why they're in a union. In many cases, they have no option but to join. I don't expect people to always do anything. I simply observe what they do, and form my opinions from that. A union member who buys non-union-made cars is pretty obviously not a strong supporter of labor issues. That's a piece of information. It's no more than that.

NNN0LHI  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:12 AM
Response to Reply #21

30. Why do you mention other union workers who buy Toyotas?

You have stated in the past that you don't support our union auto workers yourself on DU haven't you?

So why are you bringing someone else into this?

Why didn't you just use yourself as an example?

Don

Hmmmmm.

Grouchy old Don not only woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, but also he didn't get any from the wife last night.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:18 AM
Response to Reply #30

36. As it happens, both of my cars were built by union workers.

One is a 1991 Volvo and the other is a 1999 GMC Jimmy. No, I have not said that I do not support our union auto workers. I've never said that. I've said that I would not buy another GMC SUV, though. The one I have is the worst excuse for a motor vehicle I've ever owned. I still have it only because I need to recoup the investment by driving it for quite a while longer.

I mention union workers who own Toyotas because it is simply a fact. Not everyone uses labor issues to decide on purchases. I leave them to their own decisions.

Thanks for asking.

NNN0LHI  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:25 AM
Response to Reply #36

43. You own a 1991 Volvo built by UAW workers?

Something is funny here.

Don

My good friend Don thought he had something there, but nope.....

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:28 AM
Response to Reply #43

46. No, not built by UAW workers. I didn't say that.`

It was, however, built by union workers...about 15 years before I bought it. My GMC Jimmy was built by UAW workers, though. The Volvo is far more reliable, I've found. I'm not sure who built the car has anything to do with that.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:03 AM

18. One other thought:

You're currently running for office, right? Could some of those bystanders be potential voters? It's worth a thought...

Ooops.

MineralMan forgot something.

MineralMan forgot Omaha Steve has him on "ignore," and so can't see the question.

Bluenorthwest  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:14 AM
Response to Reply #18

34. I vote for strong Union supporters....

I'm a Union member and I support other Union members. I'd vote for a person I saw being principled in public. Perhaps his constituents are not 'moderate centrists' who are easily offended by everything other than poverty, war and injustice.

MineralMan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:20 AM
Response to Reply #34

37. Perhaps you're right. I tend to look at all aspects of a candidate when choosing who to vote for. How they behave in public is one of those aspects.

Bluenorthwest  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:29 AM
Response to Reply #37

47. I also look at all aspects of a candidate. What a thing to say.

I am telling you I like public stands for Union and against aggressive, meddling sales tactics. That 'aspect' is a positive to me, and to millions of other Americans.

It is rude to suggest that seeing Union support as a positive is the same as not looking at all aspects of a candidate. Rude and also lazy, intellectually dishonest.

itsallhappening (255 posts)     Sat Sep-24-11 10:05 AM

20. The salesman asked: "would we like to test drive a Toyota?"

Who was with him?

Omaha Steve  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:13 AM
Response to Reply #20

33. He was by himself across the street from the area set up there is no dealership at this outside mall

Across the drive there were stalls set up for people to go right to a test drive car. Several were in line waiting to drive that could hear.

Again a solid no didn't slow him down at all. He is paid to sell. I'm not paid to listen to him.

He had us pinned up against the evergreen bush to our left. So there was only going straight to our car like we were doing in the first place. Right into him. Or backwards.

FarCenter (1000+ posts)     Sat Sep-24-11 10:13 AM

32. When a simple "no" isn't enough, use your tazer.

proud2BlibKansan  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:22 AM

40. I love my Prius. It gets over 50 mpg.

As soon as an American car maker comes out with a car that gets 50 mpg, I'll consider buying it.

NNN0LHI  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:31 AM
Response to Reply #40

48. But you are a supposedly educated white collar union worker though aren't you?

Who wants us blue collar union workers to support you in your struggle?

Do you think you might be hurting your own cause in the long run?

Don

JNelson6563 (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 10:24 AM

42. Thank you.

It's good that you shared your reasons for Buying American within earshot of others.

Since DU likes to talk alot about pro-labor but tend to put their money elsewhere (imports) your post is highly unpopular. But I'm sure you are well aware of all that by now.

TlalocW  (1000+ posts)      Sat Sep-24-11 10:25 AM

44. You should have run after him and tackled him from behind

And kept going.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: Omaha Steve being rude; loses Toyota vote--puts MineralMan on ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 10:01:24 AM »
I remembered something, and went back two years.

It was then that Omaha Steve lost the Sears, Roebuck vote:

http://www.conservativecave.com/index.php/topic,36465.0/
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 10:08:25 AM »
Must be annoy a low level worker day at the DUmp.

itsrobert Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Sep-24-11 10:15 AM
Original message
While shopping at Costco an employee asked "did you find everything you were looking for?"

Edited on Sat Sep-24-11 10:34 AM by itsrobert
I thought about it a little and startled him by saying "No"
I was gong to leave it at that, but he further pressed, "Really? What did you not find"
Well, I told him I had to buy the Tyson brand chicken nuggets, because they did not have the Foster Farms Brand.
Employee, "Well sometimes different stores have different brands."

Me: "This is a California store and Foster Farms is a California brand, plus their quality is better than Tyson"

Employee looking bewildered, "uh, okay"

Me: "I support California companies and Tyson chicken nuggets are made out of state and are of poor quality"

Employee had a "What the f..." look on his face.

I was wearing my California or Bust T-Shirt

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1995985
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »
But Tyson donates to Democrat politicians.  They heavily supported Clinton.

What's a DUmmy to do?
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »
heh.  Good find frank!

I have a Toyota P/U.  It was built in San Antonio by honest to goodness Tex/Mex workers.  Why don't the DUmmies like brown skinned people?  Or yellow people?

:bawl:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 10:31:10 AM »
It was about two years ago the Anne sold her Honda and bought the Toyota.

She then made a plea for all unions for support in their teachers strife, including the UAW members. I blasted her hypocrisy and got a raving attaboy from DainBramaged.

Shortly thereafter he put me on ignore for mentioning that I owned a gun. 
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »
Omahasteve sure is a pleasant fellow.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:37:28 AM »
It was about two years ago the Anne sold her Honda and bought the Toyota.

She then made a plea for all unions for support in their teachers strife, including the UAW members. I blasted her hypocrisy and got a raving attaboy from DainBramaged.

Shortly thereafter he put me on ignore for mentioning that I owned a gun. 

:lmao:

I'll bet a full 50% of DUmmies can't see the other 50%.

They can't handle ANY difference of opinion. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »
I agree with MM on the walking away part. My wife and I went a Chrysler dealer a few years back. The salesman asked what I was looking for. I told him an old truck or SUV that I wouldn't mind taking in the woods and scratching up. I was looking to spend around $5000. He showed me a $16,000 vehicle. I told him again that I was looking for something cheap that I wouldn't mind scratching up in the woods. He then showed me a $18,000 vehicle. I explained that this would be a work truck that would be catching hell so I didn't want to spend more than around $5000. Then he showed me a $24,000 vehicle. As soon as he said the price I turned and walked away without saying a word. No rants on my part. I drove down the road to another dealership and bought an old Cherokee 4x4 for $4000. That was a good vehicle.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 10:47:48 AM »
Response to Reply #8

Where the hell is Amerina?  And what kind of cars do they make?
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline JohnnyReb

• In Memoriam
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2011, 10:51:08 AM »
California or Bust ...well, it looks like it's going to be bust.
“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism. But, under the name of ‘liberalism’, they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program, until one day America will be a socialist nation, without knowing how it happened.” - Norman Thomas, U.S. Socialist Party presidential candidate 1940, 1944 and 1948

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Stalin

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2011, 01:56:46 PM »
As one person asked, I too wonder how Steve's potential voters would respond to the news that he treated someone like this while being so proud to wear his union thug jacket and running for office looking for their votes?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2011, 02:08:18 PM »
Personally I'd own a Toyota. Not before a VW but Toyata comes in second. They make good cars that seem to last quite a long time.

It clear some people just need something to complain about...all the time.

Response to Reply #8

Except there are some slight issues with that..... Link

Some models not made in North America.

Some "American" cars are not even made in North America.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 02:11:41 PM »
That thread is the definition of a cluster you know what!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2011, 02:20:52 PM »
Must be annoy a low level worker day at the DUmp.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1995985

itsrobert  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-24-11 10:15 AM
Original message
While shopping at Costco an employee asked "did you find everything you were looking for?"

snipped!

struggle4progress  DU Moderator Donating Member  (1000+ posts)
Sat Sep-24-11 11:35 AM
37. Locking

Please do not start copycat threads in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

:lmao:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline tanstaafl

• I AM the NRA. And I VOTE
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 02:25:53 PM »
Omaha Steve  (1000+ posts)        Sat Sep-24-11 09:53 AM
Response to Reply #9

13. First ignore I know of in over 30,000 posts (the tears are falling now) ADULT LANGUAGE REPLY

Geez, if putting some other DUnnie on ignore is enough to turn on the water works...?

Wonder if he'll burst out sobbing at any public debate he has next year?

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 02:34:34 PM »
I was also on a narcotic for the last 3 days. I had an epidural on my neck (second in 2 months) yesterday afternoon. I wasn't in the best of moods to begin with. I guess I go back and say I'm sorry today.

Oh Steve, Steve, STEVE.   

You browbeat some working stiff who works on commission, then admit you did so under the influence of narcotics?!!! 

I know Patrick Kennedy.   Patrick Kennedy is a good friend of mine.  You are no Patrick Kennedy.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2011, 02:36:03 PM »
Omaha Steve is going to need a better campaign manager...

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »
cally  DU Moderator Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-24-11 11:16 AM
72. Locking

at the OPs request.

cally

If he can't take a little heat from a thread how is he going to take the heat as an elected official? if he wins.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2011, 02:57:44 PM »
Omaha Steve is going to need a better campaign manager...

Well, he had a prime opportunity, a winner, when franksolich was proposed for campaign manager.

But no.

And thus one reaps the whirlwind, from spurning franksolich. 

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned, and a woman scorned has no fury like franksolich scorned.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
I guarantee you, DUmmy Omaha Steve Dawes is overjoyed that his stupid, half-assed bouncy lie set off such a DUmp free-for-all.

Marta's bad ankles, knees, and hips from osteoarthritis

I was also on a narcotic for the last 3 days. I had an epidural on my neck (second in 2 months) yesterday afternoon.
And now the freeloading Dawes family is going for a twofer on the disability gravy train.

Hopefully, the opposition in the election will be able to take advantage of these threads.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2011, 03:23:12 PM »
Weepy Steve   :rotf:

You damn know there's no way he confronted anyone.

He's probably afraid of his shadeaux.    :lmao:   And his wife's too.   :lmao:

Offline jukin

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2011, 03:29:28 PM »
I guarantee you, DUmmy Omaha Steve Dawes is overjoyed that his stupid, half-assed bouncy lie set off such a DUmp free-for-all.
 And now the freeloading Dawes family is going for a twofer on the disability gravy train.

Hopefully, the opposition in the election will be able to take advantage of these threads.

Vote for me! I know how to suck the system dry and will help you do the same!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2011, 03:36:15 PM »

Oh, I can guarantee the Sarpy County (Nebraska) Republican Party already has someone registered on Skins's island.

What the plans are, I have no idea, but whatever they do, is fine by me.
apres moi, le deluge