Author Topic: undergoundpanther?  (Read 939 times)

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
undergoundpanther?
« on: August 13, 2011, 03:18:16 PM »
Has anyone seen UP around? Is s/he a "guest" of the state? Haven't seen anything from it in a long, long time.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: undergoundpanther?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 03:23:54 PM »
I want to say that it put in a brief appearance not too long ago, but I could be wrong.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »
I haven't seen the subway cat for months and months and months.

The last campfire of hers that I saw, she talked about taking her "therapist"'s recommendation that she go into that big building with small rooms with soft walls for a "short-term" stay.

Well, that was a long time ago now.

franksolich had nothing to do with her "short term" stay being changed into permanent residence there, although I do think it's a good idea.  For her own safety and sanity, the subway cat needs to stay off the internet, and especially off Skins's island.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 03:37:06 PM »
I hope that UP is finally getting the help needed.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:37:31 PM »
I haven't seen the subway cat for months and months and months.

The last campfire of hers that I saw, she talked about taking her "therapist"'s recommendation that she go into that big building with small rooms with soft walls for a "short-term" stay.

Well, that was a long time ago now.

franksolich had nothing to do with her "short term" stay being changed into permanent residence there, although I do think it's a good idea.  For her own safety and sanity, the subway cat needs to stay off the internet, and especially off Skins's island.
She's been gone since January. Maybe she had a litter of kittens.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 04:27:19 PM »
She's been gone since January. Maybe she had a litter of kittens.

Don't even joke about that man. The prospect that it might someday reproduce is no laughing matter.

Offline catsmtrods

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 04:41:31 PM »
Don't even joke about that man. The prospect that it might someday reproduce is no laughing matter.

Now thats funny! H5!
"Liberalism is an essentially feminine, submissive world view. Perhaps a better adjective than feminine is infantile. It is the world view of men who do not have the moral toughness, the spiritual strength to stand up and do single combat with life, who cannot adjust to the reality that the world is not a huge, pink-and-blue, padded nursery in which the lions lie down with the lambs and everyone lives happily ever after."

~ Dr. William Pierce

"How many more times are we going to cower under tables and chairs, whimpering like mindless dogs, thinking that someone else has the responsibility to save and protect us?"

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 05:10:31 PM »
I just DUmpsterdove for data and I could find nothing newer that February '11 - ironically it was on a post detailing Hobostink's absence due to illness.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 06:38:01 PM »
Looking at the last posts it made back in February, I'm going to guess it had rabies and was put down.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »
I thought I saw s/he shortly after I joined CC.
Think it was in March.
Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.
Perhaps s/he is sharing a "room" with Bobo.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 08:01:11 PM »

The sanity part was probably a lost cause years ago, but I concur on the safety part. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »
The sanity part was probably a lost cause years ago, but I concur on the safety part. 
Perhaps this might be the best advice for AlienGirl.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 09:50:57 PM »
Perhaps this might be the best advice for AlienGirl.

Now that's hard to say.  Aliengirl has been dealt a damned bad hand to play, if she gets solace from her internet friends on DU, who are we to judge?  Sure, she could have used her time on this Earth better before it came to this final bad turn, but any of us in our cups could say the same.  At this point, anything that brings her comfort...

:( 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Skul

• Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 09:58:18 PM »
Now that's hard to say.  Aliengirl has been dealt a damned bad hand to play, if she gets solace from her internet friends on DU, who are we to judge?  Sure, she could have used her time on this Earth better before it came to this final bad turn, but any of us in our cups could say the same.  At this point, anything that brings her comfort...

:( 
Corrrect. xnks.