Author Topic: Interested in your opinions  (Read 452 times)

Offline 5412

Interested in your opinions
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »
Hi,

My local congressman is Dennis Ross (R) FL.  On his website he made it clear that he voted NO on the budget deal and made quite a pitch for the balanced budget amendment.  He has stated before that it could become a real cornerstone issue in the 2012 election.  

My question is this.  Have the Republicans actually done something smart?  Knowing the vast majority of Americans support the idea of a balanced budget amendment, have they laid the groundwork for a real issue in 2012.  Either you sign on to it, much like Gingrich did with the contract for America, or you do not but the world knows where you stand.

Be interested if knowing if anyone else feels this whole process could be a great setup (part of a strategy perhaps????) for 2012.

regards,

Offline formerlurker

Re: Interested in your opinions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 05:24:44 AM »
I think the commission being formed will certainly keep that small government momentum going straight through the elections.   

Any attempts by the Democrats to stonewall cuts so significant Dod cuts get triggered will be most unfortunate for their approval ratings.   The budget remains on the front burner, and will clearly though to November 2012.