Author Topic: Anyone else glad that they're childless?  (Read 2265 times)

Offline ReaganForRushmore

Re: Anyone else glad that they're childless?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 04:35:06 PM »
The better half and I were blessed with two magnificent sons. Funny thing, her ob/gyn had told her she could never have children. It wasn't until my brother decided to have his mid life crisis and abandon his two
sons and daughter on my front porch. Imagine opening your front door, three teens standing at a door with
Hefty bags of their clothes and crying. It was pure hell for the first year. Getting kids off drugs and actually
giving a heck about school. All this and better half conceives. The first born helped bring all of us together,
and glad to say that it truly was a blessing.

I'd like to say that the niece and nephews went on to become doctors and lawyers. They didn't. They
graduated HS and learned trades and now have their own families and responsibilities.... and I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China.

Offline MrsSmith

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 07:07:24 PM »
.... and I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China.
And there you go, in a nutshell.  Kids will drive you absolutely insane.  You'll find yourself doing all the things Bill Cosby talked about...

"No one in this house will ever touch anyone else in this house ever again, do you understand me??"  "Look at me when I'm talking to you...wipe that look off your face...do you hear me???  Who said you could TALK?????"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

When your kid runs off and across a road the first time, or actually gets hurt doing something stupid, you snatch him up..."Are you OK?  Are YOU OK????"  Then when he is ok...you beat his butt, "Don't you EVER do that again!!!!!"   :rotf: :rotf:

Then you cry yourself to sleep that night 'cause you could have lost your baby, and then you spanked him!!   :rotf: :rotf:

But man, when that "baby" is 30 years old with his own babies, a good job, a nice house...  :yahoo:  You wouldn't trade that roller coaster, work-your-tail-off time for anything...anything at all.  

The DUmp denizens that are glad they missed that...just as stupid as all their other "wisdom."  Go ahead and be glad, lurkers.  You don't deserve children.  Every single child is a blessing from God, and only the morons throw those blessings away and celebrate doing so. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:09:36 PM by MrsSmith »

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline VivisMom

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »
You said it, Vesta, Youth is the key here, only the young have the ability to juggle school, work, home and childcare  at the same time.

This is your second post that has made alot of sense to me this morning.  I think I need more coffee. :-)

Seriously though, in this day and age, we grandparents often end up with the grandkids.  My son lives with us now, and his son half the time.  I'm 50 years older than the little dynamo.  Hard to keep up with him while his dad and grandfather are working.  He goes to morning daycare so that's some relief, but man oh man does he wear my ass out by the end of the day.  We love having them here, as it beats not seeing them much. 

We lived with my dad for a time after my mom died, and I swear that Viv is what kept him from being depressed. Seeing her every day was really good for him-and he misses her a lot now that we have moved and he's working more (he's retired but works part time at Home Depot.) I know it makes him sad that he doesn't see the girls as much as he would like, but we do make every effort to see him as often as we can. And it really warms my heart to see my dad with my girls...I get a glimpse as to what he must have been like when I was that young.

Also, everything Bill Cosby said is true. I have found myself behaving much like he characterizes his wife, and all I can do is laugh.  :rotf:

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2011, 06:45:30 AM »
As in the story of Mr. Scrooge and Xmas past. Take time to visit a friend or relative in a nursing home.
 There you will find the saddest people on earth. ----Both sides of the coin one can say.

Those who never had children or close family ties to their relatives, some have memorabilia of lives lived to the fullest extent, traveled the world amassed tons of money-----But most of their family and friends they have outlived, at times these people in 8-10+ years have not had one visitor to speak of memories they shared from 60 years ago.

Then the people that also have not had one family member or friend visit for same length of time that may have 8 children and great grand kids that never visit, call or send a post card to. WHY??

Some of the lovely old timers may have abused their children or abandoned them, some were placed in the nursing home to gain controll of their money or estate. Guilt keeps the family from visiting, they just want that member to die to get that monkey off their back.

Sad except for the patients that have regular visits from family, the staff expects the family and the patient is---how can we say just a bit cleaner and more tended to then the ones never visited.

We just have a very short time on earth to raise our children and then years to see the mistakes we made with them.     Cats in the Cradle with a silver spoon----comes to mind, possibly the greatest song on father son relations ever written.

As is said,   " a son is a son until he takes a wife,  a daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life. "

Then the old saying " An ungrateful child cuts deeper then a Serpents tooth "

The decision to have or have not children is now up to each, youth lasts 18 years, young adult another 20 or so. If you figure that in late 40ies going into the age friends become grandparents, and the possible 30+ years ahead of you, what does one have to look forward to in the last years of life with no Children, few to remember you when you were young?????  ----- :bawl: :bawl:

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2011, 11:49:27 AM »
A lot of DUmp democrats are childless because their children ended up in the medical waste at a Planned Parenthood slaughterhouse.

Exactly! Notice it doesn't clue us in on how many children it's killed over the years in order to remain childless!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!