Author Topic: We don't need no stinking election  (Read 534 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
We don't need no stinking election
« on: June 28, 2011, 12:54:27 PM »
Really nice fire going on.
Moonbats are flitting all around the blaze.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4897364
Zorro (1000+ posts)        Sun Jun-26-11 09:37 PM
Original message
Hugo Chavez's brother talks of armed struggle
 Source: AP

One of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's brothers said Sunday that backers of the hospitalized leftist leader should not rule out armed struggle in the future, though they prefer to maintain power at the ballot box.

Adan Chavez's statement came as speculation mounted about the health of the president, who has been convalescing at an undisclosed location in Cuba after reportedly undergoing emergency surgery 16 days ago.

Chavez's older brother said Venezuela's ruling party wants to retain power by defeating foes in elections. But he told government supporters that they should be ready to take up arms if necessary.
"As authentic revolutionaries, we cannot forget other forms of fighting," he said during a prayer meeting for the health of his 56-year-old brother in the leader's home state of Barinas.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110627/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/l... 

Translation:  If we loose fair and square at the ballot box, we'll take power by any means necessary.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: We don't need no stinking election
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »
Really nice fire going on.
Moonbats are flitting all around the blaze.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4897364
Translation:  If we loose fair and square at the ballot box, we'll take power by any means necessary.

That might be here in the leadup to November 6th, 2012.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Karin

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »
The conversation is too long to bring over, but Beth is stupid, as usual, on this thread.  I just love their Chavez squabbles.  They get so vicious. 

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 01:57:07 PM »
Political violence has and always will come from the left.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 01:58:32 PM »
The Human Events website has something that happened to Glenn Beck last night.  Go watch and listen.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 06:23:28 PM »
Their only answer to honest elections.
Violent overthrow to suppress the majority if they don't get  their way.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”