Author Topic: DUmmies Discuss Dubya At College World Series  (Read 405 times)

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
DUmmies Discuss Dubya At College World Series
« on: June 18, 2011, 11:05:24 PM »
Well, I watched this Vanderbilt-UNC game that has DUmmy scrambledletters in such an uproar. Although not my alma mater, I've written more than enough checks to Vanderbilt University to feel a sense of ownership, to say nothing of approaching poverty. While very few SEC-caliber football players can read well enough to gain admission, many baseball players can, and you only need a handful of basketball players, so they're competitive in those sports. It was a great game. (Vanderbilt third baseman made one of the best plays I've seen this year.)
mnhtnbb  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jun-18-11 09:08 PM
Original message
GW Bush on ESPN College World Series and I go ballistic
Was anyone else watching the College World Series opening game? UNC v Vanderbilt?

We live in Chapel Hill and enjoy the baseball. We've been to some games. We turn
on ESPN this afternoon and there is this f&*king war criminal--George Bush--in the
booth with the commentators! My BP must have gone up 40 points. I went ballistic!
Got on ESPN's website and sent a complaint that they need to stick to sports commentators
and not allow this a$$hole who is responsible for an illegal, immoral war, bankrupting
the country, to be on TV when he should be in prison!

Seriously. This country is in so much trouble. We've been trying to sell our little house
that we bought/remodeled after the fire that burned our house down. We've reduced the price
$100K--yes, $100,000. and we've had not one offer. The country is going down the tubes
and what do we get on a baseball game on Saturday afternoon? That f*$king pretender.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1324993
I think what has DUmmy scrambledletters so incensed, aside from the fact that Vandy kicked Carolina's ass, is that Dubya
didn't just make a cameo on air. He spent a full inning, and he was great. He was articulate, humorous, and impressively
well-informed on baseball. While listening, I was thinking about how furious it would make the DUmbasses to see him
doing such a fine job, and being so well-received by the decent and civilized people in the new stadium. Of course, it was
filled with fans of two southern universities, and residents of Nebraska, all of whom are good Americans and very few of which
are DUmbasses.

Ilsa  (1000+ posts)      Sat Jun-18-11 09:12 PM
Response to Original message
1. He should have kept the Texas Rangers and stayed out of politics
and the White House. I bet the entire planet, except for the Tx Rangers organization, would be healthier.

Brianboru (198 posts)      Sat Jun-18-11 09:15 PM
3. And 0bama is out golfing with Boner
while his two old and two new wars rage on.

Playing Golf will make things much better than watching baseball.
A noob calling the Kenyan "0bama" will not last long at the DUmp.

mnhtnbb  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jun-18-11 09:17 PM
Response to Reply #3
5. I hope he takes his Nobel Peace Prize along with him in the golf cart.

DUmmy scrambledletters has had a really bad day.

givemebackmycountry  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jun-18-11 09:15 PM
4. He threw the first pitch out and hugged a bunch of players...
The only thing that that drunk war criminal mother****er ever did right, was throw first pitches out at baseball games.
But, I'm not mad.
Really.

The DUmmy is right. He does do a great job with first pitches. Remember the 2001 World Series game, at Yankee Stadium, right after 9/11, a strike to start maybe the most dramatic sporting event in American history. Everyone was assuming a follow-on attack at any minute.

mnhtnbb  (1000+ posts)        Sat Jun-18-11 09:18 PM
Response to Reply #4
6. My husband thought I was going to stroke out. I haven't been so furious in a very long time.

Please remember this is the DUmp. Having a husband does not necessarily mean that DUmmy scrambledletters is female.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Re: DUmmies Discuss Dubya At College World Series
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 11:18:54 PM »
Ha ha  :-)

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 12:13:50 AM »
 :loserbar: :urmeds: :retards: :overreaction:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 12:58:17 AM »
We live in Chapel Hill and enjoy the baseball. We've been to some games. We turn
on ESPN this afternoon and there is this f&*king war criminal--George Bush

Hmm, first off, you're a stupidass liberal, so you're a minority in NC. Secondly, Bush is an avid baseball fan. Third, "war criminal"? ...and this makes Obama, since he's, not only continued Bush's policies, but expanded them....adding two more wars and yes, engaging a sovereign nation IS a f'n war, what exactly?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site