Author Topic: special information for the primitives  (Read 4926 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
special information for the primitives
« on: June 17, 2011, 08:53:32 AM »
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/06/16/book-liberal-media-distorts-news-bias

Oh my.

The liberal bias of the mainstream media tilts so far left that any outlets not in that political lane, like the Drudge Report and Fox News Channel, look far more conservative than they really are, according to a UCLA professor's new book out next month.

In a crushing body blow to the pushers of the so-called "Fox Effect," which claims the conservative media is dragging the left into the center, UCLA political science professor Tim Groseclose in Left Turn claims that "all" mainstream news outlets have a liberal bias in their reporting that makes even moderate organizations appear out of the mainstream and decidedly right-wing to news consumers who are influenced by the slant.

More oh my.

"Fox News is clearly more conservative than ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC and National Public Radio. Some will conclude that 'therefore, this means that Fox News has a conservative bias,'" he writes in an advance copy provided to Washington Whispers. "Instead, maybe it is centrist, and possibly even left-leaning, while all the others are far left. It's like concluding that six-three is short just because it is short compared to professional basketball players."

Much more oh my.

And in further analysis sure to enrage critics of conservative media, Groseclose determines that Drudge, on a conservative to liberal scale of 0-100, with 50 being centrist, actually leans a bit left of center with a score of 60.4.

Much much more oh my.

Groseclose opens his book quoting a well-known poll in which Washington correspondents declared that they vote Democratic 93 percent to 7 percent, while the nation is split about 50-50. As a result, he says, most reporters write with a liberal filter. "Using objective, social-scientific methods, the filtering prevents us from seeing the world as it actually is. Instead, we see only a distorted version of it. It is as if we see the world through a glass—a glass that magnifies the facts that liberals want us to see and shrinks the facts that conservatives want us to see."

And finally oh my.

"Every mainstream national news outlet in the United States has a liberal bias."

Shove that up your rectal apertures and smoke it, primitives.

There's much more at the link above by the far-left liberal UCLA college prof.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Re: special information for the primitives
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:06:09 AM »
This ought to be stickied for quite a while.
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »
This ought to be stickied for quite a while.

Well, it's more stuff verifying something I've always said, sir.

Members of conservativecave are actually moderate, or mildly right-of-center.

The primitives of Skins's island are actually way far left fringe.

Every professional scientific academic measurement of ideology shows me, franksolich, right smack in the middle.  I'm so much in the middle of the road that I get run over by traffic going both directions.

We're the moderates; the primitives are the extremists.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 09:21:25 AM »
Professor Tim Groseclose, let me be the first to welcome you to the conservative point of view.

Yes, I know you are a liberal right now but as you get attacked for debunking one of the left's most sacred of cows you will come to question your current political views. "How can liberals be so closed minded?" you will ask yourself. Then you will question other liberal ideas until you realize they do not make any sense. After that you will explore conservative ideas and ideals and discover how right they are. It may take a while but you will get there.

Once again, welcome.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 09:38:47 AM »
To the primitive's very simple mind, since a large media outlet is financially structured as a corporation, it must therefore be evil and conservative.  Lurking DUers, can't you see that this makes no sense whatsoever? 

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »
Opinion shows aside, when it comes to news? I always felt Fox was in the middle.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 01:05:16 PM »
Opinion shows aside, when it comes to news? I always felt Fox was in the middle.

Well, but according to academic scientific professional measures of ideology, even the opinion shows on Fox are only a few millimeters right-of-center.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Doc

• General Malcontent and
  • Sic transit gloria mundi
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 03:00:18 PM »
Well, but according to academic scientific professional measures of ideology, even the opinion shows on Fox are only a few millimeters right-of-center.

I've studied Fox News programming for a number of years.  They (at least) attempt to present BOTH sides of an ideological argument.

I suspect that what makes the left so angry with Fox is......the side by side comparison........typically liberal ideological arguments only look reasonable in a vacuum...........when presented side by side with conservative views on the same subject, they simply look foolish and juvenile.  When that happens, ultimately a debate degrades into a situation where the liberal feels compelled to out shout and filibuster the opposition, further making them look additionally foolish.  Liberals really hate seeing their heros looking like losers.

I suspect that is the primary reason for the liberal animus towards Fox.......their views are never unchallenged.  Just like DU, they must exist unopposed to convince the uninitiated that they are valid.

doc
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:12:02 PM by TVDOC »

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 03:02:57 PM »

This, I think, is very significant:

It is as if we see the world through a glass—a glass that magnifies the facts that liberals want us to see and shrinks the facts that conservatives want us to see.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 03:06:23 PM »
Great find Sir!

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 03:07:52 PM »
Great find Sir!

Thank you.

Actually, our esteemed colleague USA4ME and I have had discussions about this very same thing in the past, and drawn exactly the very same conclusions.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline chitownchica

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 05:24:49 PM »
This is an excellent find Frank. Thanks for posting it.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 05:51:05 PM »
Everybody knows that Shepard Smith, Bill O'Reilly and Greta Van Susteren are hard core conservatives. Skeletor was the only liberal on FOX and he got banished to the netherworld.
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »
Members of conservativecave are actually moderate, or mildly right-of-center.

The primitives of Skins's island are actually way far left fringe.

We're the moderates; the primitives are the extremists.

Without a doubt.

The argument they make that most clearly falls flat is the "because the media is corporate, it is conservative."  In the modern USA, conservative vs. liberal has never been defined as "corporate vs non-corporate," but rather limited gov't vs. large gov't.  In fact, if you were to search for any discussion by the left about the media being conservative prior to the last 10-15 years, you just won't find any mention of it, or if it was it was some frindge group.  The libs didn't come up with this "media is conservative" nonsense until years after Limbaugh had documented that the media was liberal.  This new media of AM Talk Radio was knocking the pins out from under their media monopoly, and they desperately needed to try and recapture the discussion.  So they came up with this "corporate media" slogan and hoped it would stick, which it has, but only with the freaks who decided they needed to invent the phrase.  Decent and civilized people still know the media is liberal.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.