Author Topic: What Are You Doing On Your Sunday?  (Read 1965 times)

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
What Are You Doing On Your Sunday?
« on: April 20, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »
I installed the receiver and servos in my Four Star 40. I shortened the wings a bit so she won't "float" as much on landing. A little more sanding and she'll be ready to cover.

I'm gonna' go with some combination of red with white accents and large checkerboard on the bottom so I can see her at a distance and tell if she's coming or going! Most of the planes I ever built were some combination of red, white and black.

I put an AXI 2820-20 brushless electric motor in her. Still haven't figured out the prop/battery combo yet. Different props have different amp draws and performance. We'll see.
Yeah I know, I need to clean up my garage!  :-)

So what did you do on your Sunday?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline jtyangel

Re: What Are You Doing On Your Sunday?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 05:27:13 PM »
I admire peeps with hobbies like that! Very cool Uh.

I've been studying all day. I'm ashamed to say I'm even still in my pjs. Going to head out to the track in a bit though to get the blood flowing. Can't miss out on the beautiful weather.

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »
Painting walls and trim and installing inside corner molding.  Later I'll be framing seven 45's (RPMs) in the frames I purchased at a neighborhood garage sale yesterday in Windmill Farms.  

It will take me two hours to pick out the seven records.  I'm picky about these things.  

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »
Window shopping for a motorcycle I may buy with my "stimulus" check from the gummint.  For some reason all the Honda CB650 four's in my area have the same carburetor issue (there are three of them).

I like the classic brown and gold paint scheme.

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 06:12:37 PM »
I did all my yard-work, changed my oil and spark plugs, checked fluid levels on the truck, lubricated the joints on the truck, had my dad charge my A/C coolant, washed the truck and cleaned the truck's interior.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 06:14:37 PM by Odin's Hand »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 06:18:30 PM »
I'm working on a new hobby... Extreme Napping.  :yawn:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 06:57:56 PM »
Oye!

"Extreme Napping" aside (and I'm jealous of that one) y'all got me beat.   :cheersmate:

I finished my IKEA desk (see lounge) and did 4 hours of "uncle" RS for my best friend's 4 year old but since then... just laid around, watched some NBA playoffs and started a bottle of Gabbiano chianti. It's all kinda  :yawn: .

For "second dinner" I've already chosen grilled cheese over my (bachelor's world) world famous "hunka-meat" in which I stick a Budweiser soaked hunk of sirloin, round or somesuch into the oven till it's nice and mid-rare and add instant mashed potatoes and microwaved corn on the side. Now. How lazy do you have to be to choose grilled cheese over that????

Happy Lazy Sunday to all, and to all a good night!!!   :cheersmate:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 07:28:08 PM »
I found another bike that doesn't have any carb issues, but the price is a few dollars higher (it went from dirt-cheap to affordable).  It looks identical to the 1984 Honda 700 I used to have.  That 700 was awesome... it had a drive shaft and I didn't have to mess around with a chain.