Author Topic: Dummies talk about what could have happened if McCain was President  (Read 516 times)

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
The dummies have decided to talk about what could/would have happened if Obama had no won. Enjoy

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1279647#1279653
kentuck  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Jun-11-11 08:28 PM
Original message
If John McCain had been elected President?

Would we still be in Iraq and Afghanistan? Would we be in Iran by now?

Would we creating jobs each month or would we be in a very deep recession or depression?

Would our debt and deficit be about the same or would it be less because he would not have approved a stimulus? But would the unemployment rate be quite a bit higher?

Would we still be torturing prisoners? Would Guantanamo Bay prison still be open?

Would the Democrats be blocking everything the Repubs proposed?

Where would we be right now if John McCain were the President? I suspect we might be in a worse position?

Drunken Irishman  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Jun-11-11 08:29 PM
Response to Original message
1. McCain probably would have croaked and Palin would be our president.

Wilms  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Jun-11-11 08:32 PM
4. Things would be WAY worse with McCain.

But that's not an excuse for the identified failings of the Obama Admin.

Ian David  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Jun-11-11 08:42 PM
6. If McCain were President, we'd be digging out of radioactive rubble by now. n/t

HysteryDiagnosis  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Jun-11-11 08:51 PM
8. We'd all be rich by now. n/t

I think some Dummies a tad bit jealous of those with more money then them.

JaneQPublic  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Jun-11-11 09:21 PM
11. Full-blown depression and GM and Chrysler would be dead.

Bin Laden would still be alive and thriving.

The BP oil leak would have lasted twice as long because Grampy McCain would think it right for the government to tell business what to do.

Definitely we would be in Iran, as well as Yemen, Syria, and even France wouldn't surprise me.

The unemployment rate would be abotu 18-20 percent, because Gramps wouldn't have attempted a stimulus package. Instead he would have suspended the government, the same way he suspended his campaign after the initial economic meltdown in October 2008.

The only good news is that the Dems would have done great in the 2010 mid-terms.

Puregonzo1188  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list       Sat Jun-11-11 09:57 PM
12. DUers would be angry about the Libya War.

The extra-judicial execution of bin Laden may have raised some eyebrows, but probably just illicit conspiracy theories.

That's about it.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Re: Dummies talk about what could have happened if McCain was President
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »
It probably would be worse if McCain won and this is my reasoning, the Democrats put us in this position since they took over the House in 2007, since they were responsible for the housing market to fall, and if McCain got in? people wouldn't of voted Republican in 2010, wouldn't have seen 1st hand how destructive the Democrats really are, and the bad policies would've been allowed to continue, whereas now? they see that Obama is worse than Carter, they see higher umemployment, a horrible housing market, the falling dollar, high gas prices, and wondering what the hell we're doing in Libya and Yemen and no doubt they're thinking WTF? but at least now there's a chance for the situation to get slightly better with the Republicans in control of the House and most likely the Senate and the Presidency in 2012. If McCain won the Democrats would've still controlled the purse strings.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 09:45:12 PM »
Although I really don't play these 'what if' games - I can make one statement that is almost certain..

If McCain were president, there would be far less Somali pirates.

Everything else -- probably about the same, save for Obamacare.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 05:12:58 AM »
Although I really don't play these 'what if' games - I can make one statement that is almost certain..

If McCain were president, there would be far less Somali pirates.

Everything else -- probably about the same, save for Obamacare.

McCain would be buried in 2012, and there'd be a Dem in the White House for probably the next 20 years.  Now, it's going to be the other way around.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.