Author Topic: DUmmies speaking truth to power with their collective Weiner  (Read 366 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1274915

Hugabear (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-11-11 12:52 AM
Original message
Anthony Weiner speaks truth to power, and we want to shut him up?

I live in Florida, so he doesn't represent me, but I like him. He's one of those who isn't afraid to get up and say what needs to be said. He doesn't care if he offends the rethugs, steps on their toes, or hurts their little feelings. He ferociously defends the truth, exposing conservative lies. He's been one of the right-wing propaganda machine's favorite targets.

Watch these videos and then tell me if you think we should muzzle this voice!

A few Youtube links I removed, followed by:

Honestly - after watching Weiner speak, do we really want to shut him up?

MilesColtrane Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-11-11 12:54 AM
Response to Original message
2. Would you let him speak "truth to power" to your 17 year old daughter?

Name removed (0 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-11-11 12:59 AM
Response to Reply #2
3. Deleted sub-thread

Sub-thread removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

Comment #2 about Weiner's #1, removed.

pnwmom Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-11-11 01:28 AM
Response to Reply #14
16. How does the girl know about his cape and tights comments?

Or does she think all Congressman talk about wearing capes and tights?

Faster than a speeding twitter
More powerful than any healing white light
Look!  On your Blackberry!
It's a dick!  It's a knob!
It's Sssssuper Weiner!  

sabrina 1 Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-11-11 02:14 AM
Response to Reply #12
31. No, it was a statement. A smear and it should be apologized for.

Weiner is a democrat being targeted by a vicious, hateful, racist ideologue. This is democratic site, not a republican site, and using rightwing smears against democrats without any of proof, is, as far as I now, against DU rules.

What isn't against DU rules?

akbacchus_BC Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-11-11 01:51 AM
Response to Reply #22
24. Needed to add this, he voted for the invasion of Iraq. Suck on it! Asshole needs to resign!

DUmmie akbacchus_BC joins the long list of DUmmies who get different bodily orifices confused.  

Hugabear (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-11-11 01:55 AM
Response to Reply #24
26. Obama kept troops in Iraq, and continues to bomb Pakistan. Would you like him to resign as well?

Did he tweet his groin ferret?  Then, yes.  

cali Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Sat Jun-11-11 02:14 AM
Response to Original message
32. If there's a more hackneyed bullshit line than "truth to power"

I don't know of it.

Yes We Can

Yes We Did

I Won

ad nauseam

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:41:04 AM by BattleHymn »

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: DUmmies speaking truth to power with their collective Weiner
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 05:35:02 AM »
Yes We Can

Yes We Did

I Won

ad nauseam

I'd like to add:

Hope and Change
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 05:43:04 AM »
I'd like to add:

Hope and Change

And....peace takes courage.

Such trite, empty phrases.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 08:11:56 AM »
It's a bit interesting going though the comments.
The basic tone seems to morph before your eyes.

"We love Weiner--we love Weiner", towards the beginning..
Turns into..
"Resign! Resign, you war monger!" Towards the end.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”