Author Topic: Primitives are sticking things in their ears that don't belong  (Read 320 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x9709355

Gross.  

Tuesday Afternoon Donating Member (1000+ posts)  Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Jun-10-11 10:17 AM
Original message
Poll question: On balance, which of your ears seems to get clogged more often?   Updated at 6:50 PM

Poll result (11 votes)
left    (7 votes, 64%)   Vote
right   (3 votes, 27%)   Vote
other   (1 votes, 9%)   Vote
What's a motto? Nothing. What's a motto with you?

marzipanni Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Jun-10-11 04:06 PM
Response to Original message
2. Years ago left ear was clogged for a couple of days

ENT doc peered into ear with huge ceiling-mounted otoscope. Dx- fungal infection. Tx- Doc poured gentian violet into a little plastic medicine cup and then poured it into my ear canal. One application did the trick.

Now I have an itchy ear canal and after looking around on internet decided I'm going to order pet ear medicine for my ear-

That sounds like a great idea.  ::)

snagglepuss Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Jun-10-11 10:59 PM
Response to Reply #2
5. This is so strange. Just hours ago I was searching DU for any posts about

itchy ears. Not that much info anywhere about itchy ear canals. Now lo and behold I read your post.

I would hesitate using animal medication in my ears without first trying some human remedies. My doc who found my complaint rather odd suggested Buro-sol which is for swimmers ear and itching; it has alleviated the itch but hasn't got rid of it. However, she told me last week to stop using it for awhile at least because one of my eardrums has scales on it (but not the other so I don't know what gives there).

I have for the last few days used an ear syringe filled with warm water, directing the water up into my ear as opposed to squirting the water directly into the ear. This has helped but the itchiness comes back.

This is the wierdest thing as it came out of nowhere and it really is aggravating.

Good idea.  How about you squirt some Vagisil in there, for the itching?

snagglepuss Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list    Fri Jun-10-11 11:18 PM
Response to Reply #2
6. Thanks for the links. I noticed a lot of people at medhelp had wet ears

as well as itching, I only have itching. I may print that thread out and take it to my next appt as my doc seemed to find my symptom rather unusal.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 12:26:24 AM by BattleHymn »

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Re: Primitives are sticking things in their ears that don't belong
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 12:55:05 AM »
Be thankful they're not talking about Weiner. :whistling:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 03:01:53 AM »
Be thankful they're not talking about Weiner. :whistling:

Hi5

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 06:09:39 AM »
I had a few fungal type ear infections as a kid (due to swimming in floodwaters mostly) before the solution was discovered.

I now keep an eyedropper bottle full of methylated spirits in the bathroom. Squirt a bit into each ear after swimming and never have / had problem since starting using this method. It not only gets all the water out - but kills anything nasty in there.

Of course I don't put anything non sterile into or near my ears in the first place. Especially such things as classic DU favourites like penises.