Author Topic: Casey Anthony Murder Trial Underway  (Read 53861 times)

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: Casey Anthony Murder Trial Underway
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
I was watching a little on Headline News this evening because I missed the part with George Anthony on the stand.  The host was Joy Behar, I have always thought that she's not terribly bright and a nasty, hateful sort of woman.  So she says "I can't believe the father (George Anthony) got on the stand and denied everything, he may have just sent his daughter to the electric chair.  How could he do that to his daughter?".   Guests on the show were amazed and in total disbelief.  They told her maybe he denied because he didn't do it.  She said "It doesn't matter, I would never testify against my daughter.  I would lie".  Even if she killed your granddaughter?  She said "It doesn't matter."  Unbelievable, what a vile creature she is.  I've always known that the truth is irrelevant to Joy Behar, but I've never her seen her just admit it like that. 

The sad thing about all of this though -- George & Cindy Anthony still stand by Casey, even with these crazy accusations.  I thought by now, three years later, they would have just left her and stopped supporting her.  Never been in their shoes and pray I never will be, but my guess is that they already lost their granddaughter, they don't want to lose their daughter too.  If that makes any sense.

To me, an outsider, I just can't understand why they would keep supporting a child killer... but that's just me.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 10:52:04 PM »
I thought it came out fairly early that Casey was a pathalogical liar.

Offline terry

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 06:26:19 AM »
The sad thing about all of this though -- George & Cindy Anthony still stand by Casey, even with these crazy accusations.  I thought by now, three years later, they would have just left her and stopped supporting her.  Never been in their shoes and pray I never will be, but my guess is that they already lost their granddaughter, they don't want to lose their daughter too.  If that makes any sense.

To me, an outsider, I just can't understand why they would keep supporting a child killer... but that's just me.

It depends on what you mean by support.  I can see a parent caring about what happened to their child and assisting her in legal and ethical ways.  They probably feel guilty because they raised her.  If I had raised a monster like Casey, I would probably tell her,  you did a horrible thing and you must face the consequences.  I would never lie to protect her from those consequences if she murdered someone, no matter who she murdered.  I still would talk to her, visit her and be available to her if she was interested in contact.  I'd be working on getting her mental health care or an exorcist or something.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 10:06:17 AM »
I have always thought Casey had something to do with her daughter's death.

However, I have also always thought there was something strange about the family dynamics.

The father seemed much more concerned about his daughter than the mother did. Didn't he attempt suicide, supposedly because he was so despondent? Why would HE attempt suicide? Wouldn't it have been more logical for Casey to attempt suicide.

Who is the father of Caylee? I don't think I've ever heard him mentioned. I heard about some of the dad's testimony on this morning's news and he said he thought Casey was having "water retention issues" when she was 7 MONTHS pregnant? Uh, yeah, right. 

What mother would call 911 and tell police that the trunk of her daughter's car smelled like a dead body had been in it? I thought that was an odd remark to make, and still do.

There have been so many unanswered questions through this entire situation. I haven't followed it nearly as close as Jess and Rev have done and continue to do, but I do wonder, if the many unanswered questions will be answered enough to convict Casey "beyond a reasonable doubt", if the jurors are able to keep from making a determination AFTER hearing all evidence.

Obviously the defense attorney's job is to throw out as many doubts as possible, and there is no question that sexual abuse by the father - if true - is significant. If it's true, what are the chances of Caylee being the father's child? ...eww. Saw pictures of Caylee on tv this morning and she looks like her mother probably did at the same age. 

It's easier to just think that Casey murdered her child.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »
I have always thought Casey had something to do with her daughter's death.

However, I have also always thought there was something strange about the family dynamics.

The father seemed much more concerned about his daughter than the mother did. Didn't he attempt suicide, supposedly because he was so despondent? Why would HE attempt suicide? Wouldn't it have been more logical for Casey to attempt suicide.

Who is the father of Caylee? I don't think I've ever heard him mentioned. I heard about some of the dad's testimony on this morning's news and he said he thought Casey was having "water retention issues" when she was 7 MONTHS pregnant? Uh, yeah, right. 

What mother would call 911 and tell police that the trunk of her daughter's car smelled like a dead body had been in it? I thought that was an odd remark to make, and still do.

There have been so many unanswered questions through this entire situation. I haven't followed it nearly as close as Jess and Rev have done and continue to do, but I do wonder, if the many unanswered questions will be answered enough to convict Casey "beyond a reasonable doubt", if the jurors are able to keep from making a determination AFTER hearing all evidence.

Obviously the defense attorney's job is to throw out as many doubts as possible, and there is no question that sexual abuse by the father - if true - is significant. If it's true, what are the chances of Caylee being the father's child? ...eww. Saw pictures of Caylee on tv this morning and she looks like her mother probably did at the same age. 

It's easier to just think that Casey murdered her child.

I have always wondered who is the father of Caylee Anthony.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline longview

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
I know little of this case.  But, the whole clan seems whacked. 

That's going to be a question I have when I get to heaven... "Why even let bastards like that procreate?"  Criminy.  Even if the child hadn't died, seems like life was stacked against her.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 08:05:23 PM »

Nobody knows.

In typical Casey fashion, she told her parent's the father died in a car accident in 2007.

• Oh snap!
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »

Not sure if anyone answered this yet.

George, nor Lee (Casey's brother), are the father of Caylee.  There was a DNA test done and they both came back negative. 

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 09:51:15 PM »

George, nor Lee (Casey's brother), are the father of Caylee.  There was a DNA test done and they both came back negative. 

I hadn't heard about the DNA test for them, or if I did, I'd forgotten.

Thanks, for the answer.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline longview

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »

Absolutely whacked, I say.  That was never even a question in my family.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2011, 05:51:55 AM »
Absolutely whacked, I say.  That was never even a question in my family.

Well, we have another 6-8 weeks to mull this over, listen to testimony and try to figure out the things that the defence has said are things we may never know.

All I have to go on is how MY dad treated his grand kids, or treated me.     [ Something just ain't right here ].

I get this nagging feeling that the grand dad was just a bit too interested in the female things woman notice.  He knew all about the child's progress in potty training, claims he sat for hours with the child watching Disney videos, he even said he spent  a few times a week with the child working with coloring books.    Does a 2 year old have the motor skills to color at 2 years old, or the attention span to spend allot of time scribbling out of the lines ?????  No problem with a dad or grandfather watching the tapes with a 2 year old, but to have sit through it time after time is  a little odd.

It is the little things he said that somehow just bother me.     His daughter had lived with him and her mother all her live including the lifetime of his granddaughter.     One day out of the blue his daughter moves out and says the baby is with a  unknown to them Nanny. The last time he says he saw of he was with his daughter, he says he saw her put the baby in her car to visit with the unknown Nanny. 

Once out of his home he lost all interest in both daughter and granddaughter. As much as he say he loved his grandchild, at no time did he lift a finger to see the child.  Did he miss the baby, feel any loss to having her stuff, her room, toys, clothing, or the early morning breakfasts with just them two ???

The mothers boyfriend says that at on time the grandmother came to the apartment she was living in and there was something of a problem between daughter and mother

I cannot wait to hear the Gradmothers testimony on why she waited a month then called the police about a smell in her daughters car.   Why was that woman  not up her daughters Ass about her baby.

Cannot wait to see the grandmother on the stand, what did she know and when.   

I am not sure the word dysfunctional is the proper term for this family,sooner or later the correct term will be found, and that will may be a shocker to us.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2011, 12:41:50 PM »
That blithering idiot Sunny Hostin is exactly the kind of 'caring' lawyer that Obutthead wants on the bench. She doesn't know jack shit about dealing with sociopaths. 
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

• Oh snap!
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2011, 05:40:25 PM »
Well, we have another 6-8 weeks to mull this over, listen to testimony and try to figure out the things that the defence has said are things we may never know.

All I have to go on is how MY dad treated his grand kids, or treated me.     [ Something just ain't right here ].

I get this nagging feeling that the grand dad was just a bit too interested in the female things woman notice.  He knew all about the child's progress in potty training, claims he sat for hours with the child watching Disney videos, he even said he spent  a few times a week with the child working with coloring books.    Does a 2 year old have the motor skills to color at 2 years old, or the attention span to spend allot of time scribbling out of the lines ?????  No problem with a dad or grandfather watching the tapes with a 2 year old, but to have sit through it time after time is  a little odd.

It is the little things he said that somehow just bother me.     His daughter had lived with him and her mother all her live including the lifetime of his granddaughter.     One day out of the blue his daughter moves out and says the baby is with a  unknown to them Nanny. The last time he says he saw of he was with his daughter, he says he saw her put the baby in her car to visit with the unknown Nanny. 

Once out of his home he lost all interest in both daughter and granddaughter. As much as he say he loved his grandchild, at no time did he lift a finger to see the child.  Did he miss the baby, feel any loss to having her stuff, her room, toys, clothing, or the early morning breakfasts with just them two ???

The mothers boyfriend says that at on time the grandmother came to the apartment she was living in and there was something of a problem between daughter and mother

I cannot wait to hear the Gradmothers testimony on why she waited a month then called the police about a smell in her daughters car.   Why was that woman  not up her daughters Ass about her baby.

Cannot wait to see the grandmother on the stand, what did she know and when.   

I am not sure the word dysfunctional is the proper term for this family,sooner or later the correct term will be found, and that will may be a shocker to us.

You do realize that Cindy had NO idea about the car until they received a letter from the impound lot and THAT is when they noticed the smell....

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
  • 8/20/50 - 3/8/12 Love you, Pop
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2011, 01:30:27 AM »
It's tough to work at Petro, and still keep track of the case. Even when they run FNC on the TV 24/7. ( Since there's a tucker seating area right in front of the TV.) I'm doing dishes all the timje, so I miss things. This whole thing is just messed up bokyond belief. I don't even know where to start. Following this could make one dizzy.

:usflag: :salutearmy: :saluteaf: :saluteusmc: :salutenavy: :taps:
THANK YOU for what you do!

soon as you find your manhood all else falls into place.

Quote from: Greg Gutfeld
If Ft. Hood was "workplace violence," then the Hindenburg was an air show.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

I don't know if sand glows in the dark, but we're gonna find out.

3x PROUD Facebook Felon!!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2011, 10:35:11 AM »
It's tough to work at Petro, and still keep track of the case. Even when they run FNC on the TV 24/7. ( Since there's a tucker seating area right in front of the TV.) I'm doing dishes all the timje, so I miss things. This whole thing is just messed up bokyond belief. I don't even know where to start. Following this could make one dizzy.

The Anthony case had been on going since July 2008. When I first heard of it, I knew Casey Anthony was up to no good. This trial could last for months. This whole Anthony case has shades of Diane Downs and Susan Smith. I remember the Smith case well.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:44:53 AM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

• Oh snap!
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2011, 05:24:38 PM »

Check out HLN too.  They also cover the trial during the day and have highlights on Vinnie's, Jane's, and Nancy's shows.  I watch HLN on my work days to catch up on the bits & pieces that I missed during the day while at work.  I only get to see 10 minutes of the trial after work.  Not enough time for me.  I need to know details. 

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2011, 07:52:52 PM »
Exactly. I've been watching as much as I can. Trial, and NG. Tomorrow, I work 3-11, so I'll be able to watch it if they're continuing the trial on the weekend. A fair majority of Saturday's preceedings, at least.

Guns do not kill people. Rotting, festering, disgusting, grimy, evil, un-reparable souls kill people.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2011, 05:43:31 AM »
Exactly. I've been watching as much as I can. Trial, and NG. Tomorrow, I work 3-11, so I'll be able to watch it if they're continuing the trial on the weekend. A fair majority of Saturday's preceedings, at least.

The call In's to the moderators are interesting, 13Th Juror sort of thing.

One caller was very sharp about the testimony of Casey's brothers girlfriend, the woman that sobbed and testified that Casey was a Awesome mother. A big win for the defence--BUT---

The caller reminded us that in the first minute or so of testimony, she the brothers girlfriend, stated that she had only met Casey a couple of times and did not know her well. ---All those tears from a woman who was engaged to a man whose own sister has accused him of sexual assult.

I still have questions about Grandpa [ JOJO ] an EX- police detective and his actions when he went to pick up Casey's car at the impound lot.   The smell of death of a human in the car was so bad he had to drive home with all the windows open and stated he could not have driven anywhere had the windows been rolled up. ----

Got to remember both daughter and granddaughter were missing at this time and he knew some human had been dead in his daughters car.     

So what did he do  but ignore past training with the police and years as a security guard but remove evidence of a death from where he found it, took the car home and went to work.  ----I understand now why he is no longer a Cop and has had a history of not keeping Security jobs for long. 

Who would know about the smell of human flesh well enough to park a car with a body in it next to a smelly dumpster??????

It is said the car was out of gas when found at impound, gas can be syphoned off you know and this gives rise to the testimony of the owner of the impound lot, makes sense that any gas would be removed from a car or truck left over a week or two,  Once the impound fees get up there in the high figures people will just let the car or truck go rather then pay perhaps more then the car is worth.

No way will a City Contractor do anything to jeopardise loss of a city contract for any reason, and I know that before crushing a car, it is totally stripped of anything valuable from side mirrors, stereo systems to spar tires, jacks and good batteries. 

It is said that this Contractor has nothing to gain or loose by testifying but that is not true. He wants to keep as low a profile as possible so no one decides to look into his business dealings, competition is fierce for a City contract and his rivals would love to get him out and move in themselves. This may explain why the Contractor did not himself call the police to report a suspicious car on his property.  ----

---------One way to keep from getting killed if he stumbles over a Gang or Mob hit.

It appears that something has been lost here to the lawyers and moderaters on the shows that cover this trial, the strange concept that in America the accused is considered Innocent and has the right to defend themselves from people with something to gain or just are mistaken in a court of Law.

So far I have nothing but high praise for the Judge, not only is he in complete controll of the Court Room but even when scolding the defence here and there he is doing so in a teaching manor.

The very fact he shows such respect for the Jury as to get out of his seat, move off the bench to greet them when they enter his Court is the sign of a true and honorable man of the Law.         

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
Casey Anthony,
Set the bitch on fire and be done with her. If you want to be efficient about the whole thing, set Nancy Grace on fire and have her run over and bear hug Casey.

I believe that lil miss party slut was chloroforming Caylee and taping her mouth in case she woke up and leaving her in the trunk of the car while she did her thing drinking and  screwing whatever walked by. One day she used a bit to much or maybe Caylee vomited while she was out and taped but either way she died. Mommy left her in the trunk for a few days until the smell started getting bad, buried her in the yard at home and hit the party circuit full time. Once it all came to light Caylee was missing and all the initial searches had been done in the neighborhood Mumsey and someone, either Dad, Mom or Bro helped ditch the body down the street.

That's my theory from what I've heard over the years of living down the road apiece from all this. I don't think we'll ever really know. All I can tell you for sure is anything you hear Casey say or Jose say is 100% Grade A Bullshit.  

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2011, 08:52:14 PM »
Casey Anthony,
Set the bitch on fire and be done with her. If you want to be efficient about the whole thing, set Nancy Grace on fire and have her run over and bear hug Casey.

I believe that lil miss party slut was chloroforming Caylee and taping her mouth in case she woke up and leaving her in the trunk of the car while she did her thing drinking and  screwing whatever walked by. One day she used a bit to much or maybe Caylee vomited while she was out and taped but either way she died. Mommy left her in the trunk for a few days until the smell started getting bad, buried her in the yard at home and hit the party circuit full time. Once it all came to light Caylee was missing and all the initial searches had been done in the neighborhood Mumsey and someone, either Dad, Mom or Bro helped ditch the body down the street.

That's my theory from what I've heard over the years of living down the road apiece from all this. I don't think we'll ever really know. All I can tell you for sure is anything you hear Casey say or Jose say is 100% Grade A Bullshit.  

I've watched Nancy Grace's show several times. I'd probably watch it all the time if it wasn't for Nancy Grace. There just something about her that's as pleasant as finger nails on a chalkboard.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Revolution

• It's a Hoagie not a
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »
^ See, that's the same kinda way I feel about JVM. I don't watch "Issues" much at all. I've glanced at it once in a while for this case, but I don't like skinny lipped, Jane V. Mitchell for some reason.

Offline Alpha Mare

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 09:13:43 AM »
Casey Anthony,

That's what I've been thinking too, but I don't think she had help from her family. I think the mom/daughter dynamic controlled that house and dad learned to keep his mouth shut and stay out of the line of fire.
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners."
    - Charlton Heston

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »
That's what I've been thinking too, but I don't think she had help from her family. I think the mom/daughter dynamic controlled that house and dad learned to keep his mouth shut and stay out of the line of fire.

Somehow, I think the dad's involved. Whether it be with Casey herself, Caylee, or helping her do something with or/to Caylee. Why else would he have attempted suicide?

I've heard of parents being so despondent over losing a child, that their marriage goes out the window, they develop alcohol or drug issues, or they die of a "broken" heart (which I do believe can happen)....some I'm sure have been so despondent that they have committed suicide in order to "be with" their child.

But for a grandparent to attempt suicide months after their grandchild has died? Odd.

A month or so ago, a local woman went to a gas station with her 8yr old grandson, went into the bathroom at the back of the building, shot and killed the little boy and shot herself. She survived for a couple of days, but never regained consciousness, so no one knows for sure why she did it. Supposedly, she had depression problems, and had custodial custody of her grandchild, because his parents were in and out of jail, and have drug issues.

So I guess, there are situations where it has happened...but if he was going to kill himself over his despondency for his grandchild wouldn't he have done it sooner, or much later?

Makes me think he's somehow involved, and since he survived, is now hoping no one finds out....

• Oh snap!
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 06:02:51 PM »
The suicide attempt, IMHO, was just an attention ploy.  The media was starting to back off the Anthony's, so that crazy ass family had to do something to get the attention back on them.

My theory is that Casey did this 100% all on her own.  She wanted to be child free and go out partying every night with all of her single, child-less friends.  She wanted the Bella Vita. 

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2011, 06:29:25 AM »
The suicide attempt, IMHO, was just an attention ploy.  The media was starting to back off the Anthony's, so that crazy ass family had to do something to get the attention back on them.

My theory is that Casey did this 100% all on her own.  She wanted to be child free and go out partying every night with all of her single, child-less friends.  She wanted the Bella Vita. 

Very curious here EC about the sudden and abrupt leaving of the only home mother and daughter had ever lived in their intire lives. Casey had never lived alone or raised her child without family back up.

She was 22 years old with a 2 year old baby that had lived under the care of the grandparents all her life,    Why not just have a talk with the grandparents and ask them to continue to care for the baby for say 3-6 months as she needed to grow up independent of family, learn to manage finances for herself and baby, to be a single independent mother?????

I cannot imagine her parents after all these years of taking responsibility for both her and the baby would say NO. 

There are millions of grandparents that care for a grandchild when the parents hit a hard spot as their lives, kids need to get out in life and learn to survive on their own.     

Too much taking responsibility of the grown children leads to adults that cannot care for their own kids as they never were expected to take care of themselves. Mom would do everything for the young adult and their child.   Was Casey expected to pay rent for herself and child, did she do laundry and cook meals for her working parents ??? Yes, Casey also worked but did she pull her fair share of the work to run a house hold???

So why did Casey run taking with her the baby with no place of her own and little money coming in ???

Did something happen that led Casey to believe she  could not leave the baby in her parents care?????    Did she believe the baby would be better off with her almost on the streets then around her Dad, Mom and Brother ?

The question still stands, why take the baby from the only home it knew away from safety and security.

She could still live the wild part of life, the Clubs, the drugs and whatever and visit he child when she wished.    She had no reason whats so ever to kill that baby, she had back up from family all her and the baby's life. 

So what Gives Here, very strange the actions of both grandparents, her brother and the rest of her family.