Author Topic: Joplin, MO Pounded By Tornados  (Read 26198 times)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
Re: Joplin, MO Pounded By Tornados
« Reply #125 on: May 25, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »
What the mess?  I just saw this posted on a survivor's website.  Prayers up for the people of Joplin. 

Joplin, MO) -- The controversial Westboro Baptist Church is planning to protest President Obama's visit to Joplin, Missouri Sunday.

On its website, the church writes, "Thank God for 125 dead in Joplin."

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=461407
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #126 on: May 25, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »
According to their website, the Patriot Guard is going to be there.  Good on them!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2011, 09:29:27 PM »
I am hearing that Westboro Baptist Church is planning to picket the Joplin Tornado victims.  :bird: :argh:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #128 on: May 25, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
I am hearing that Westboro Baptist Church is planning to picket the Joplin Tornado victims.  :bird: :argh:

And the Patriot Guard will be there.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #129 on: May 25, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »
And the Patriot Guard will be there.

I say dump WBC into the Arabian Sea with Osama bin Laden.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:40:21 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #130 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46:11 PM »
spend any time in dirks bar and grill ???? :naughty:

not in DeKalb, IL.  :wink:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2011, 09:47:02 PM »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2011, 09:49:25 PM »
this evening

The floods weren't enough?!?!?!?!

Can see the Pyramid there to the right...is it still surrounded by water?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2011, 10:09:30 PM »
What the mess?  I just saw this posted on a survivor's website.  Prayers up for the people of Joplin. 

http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext?nxd_id=461407

Sickening.

I spoke with someone who lives just outside of Joplin today.  They were renting a car and I had asked them about Joplin.  They were upset and I felt bad for even bringing it up.  They said the town has been destroyed.  They said it doesn't even look like a tornado went through there, the man said it looked like a bomb went off and the woman with him agreed. 

These WBC "people" are going to mess with the wrong people real soon here.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »
Westboro Baptist plans to protest in Joplin
http://www.news-leader.com/article/20110525/NEWS01/110525048/0/NEWS11/?odyssey=nav%7Chead

I think they need to get the same warm welcome that Brandon, Mississippi gave them.  I checked the WBC protest schedule, and they don't have Joplin listed yet.  If I can manage it, I'd like to attend the counter-protest.  

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #135 on: May 26, 2011, 01:32:36 AM »
facebook link

Family is looking for their 15 month old baby, mom and dad in the hospital but baby is too young to say his name.  Even if he has been found, they can't just call around to hospitals to check.  So horrible!!

Anderson Cooper on CNN is reporting....

Little Skyular has been found.

He is now with God....  :(

Will Norton....the boy who had just graduated before the tornado....has not yet been found. Report that he was seen alive at hospital and then alive when transferred...have turned out to not be true.

Lantz Hare .... another boy - in his teens - that was in a car with his buddy when the tornado hit them...has not yet been found. His buddy is alive and in the hospital with a lot of injury.

So many people still missing.....

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #136 on: May 26, 2011, 06:35:38 AM »

The floods weren't enough?!?!?!?!

Can see the Pyramid there to the right...is it still surrounded by water?

nah, like I said before the media made this big deal about it, the river went from 1/2 mile wide to 3 miles but AR got the brunt of it

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #137 on: May 26, 2011, 06:41:44 AM »
so sad about little Skyular

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline namvet

« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2011, 08:31:37 AM »
I think they need to get the same warm welcome that Brandon, Mississippi gave them.  I checked the WBC protest schedule, and they don't have Joplin listed yet.  If I can manage it, I'd like to attend the counter-protest.  

Residents of Missouri Town Block Protesters From Picketing Soldier's Funeral

Members of a small Missouri town banded together Saturday to block a controversial pastor and members of his Westboro Baptist Church from protesting the funeral of a fallen U.S. soldier, Fox4kc.com reports.

Hundreds of residents in Weston, Mo. -- as well as people as far away as California and Australia -- rallied in support of Sgt. First Class C.J. Sadell, who died from injuries suffered during a surprise attack in Afghanistan.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/07/residents-missouri-town-block-protesters-picketing-soldiers-funeral/

weston is just up the road from me. they were also blocked in Harrisonville, mo as well.

"THERE ARE NO GREAT MEN. THERE ARE ONLY GREAT CHALLENGES THAT ORDINARY MEN ARE FORCED BY CIRCUMSTANCES TO MEET" - ADM WILLIAM F HALSEY

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2011, 09:05:41 AM »

Dad,

Is that you? :tongue:

That's NASTY!  I knew I shouldn't have let them take that picture but they promised not to put it on the internet.

:bawl:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2011, 09:34:56 AM »

Will Norton....the boy who had just graduated before the tornado....has not yet been found. Report that he was seen alive at hospital and then alive when transferred...have turned out to not be true.

Lantz Hare .... another boy - in his teens - that was in a car with his buddy when the tornado hit them...has not yet been found. His buddy is alive and in the hospital with a lot of injury.

:bawl:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2011, 09:45:31 AM »
We were spared here, but the tornado that hit Chickasha tracked near here. I was actually in Arlington that night to visit my cousin who was in town for the day from Scottsdale and was dodging the vortices that dropped the Saginaw, Watauga and Lancaster tornadoes.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2011, 09:50:25 AM »
We were spared here, but the tornado that hit Chickasha tracked near here. I was actually in Arlington that night to visit my cousin who was in town for the day from Scottsdale and was dodging the vortices that dropped the Saginaw, Watauga and Lancaster tornadoes.

Good to hear y'all are alright.  What luck you have, eh?

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2011, 11:27:42 AM »
Good to hear from you OH!!!

We're getting hit now with thunderstorm. Supposedly no rotation in the clouds, just strong winds, hail, heavy rain, and cloud to ground lightning. I'm home with just the cats, and they have disappeared...usually there is at least 1 or 2 in here with me. Ever since we had the bad hail, they disappear when the thunder starts. Even Puffer, who is our "barometer cat" and usually is glued to me when it storms(kindred spirits in fear of storms), has started to go straight under the nearest chair or bed she can find with the first bit of thunder.  :badmood: I was up most of the night watching tv and the strong line of storms heading this way...even though it was 80* at 4am, they just petered out over the plateau, and we only got a bit of wind and some sprinkles.

I am terrified of storms....  :bawl:

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2011, 04:27:24 PM »
I was talking with one of my friends who owns a business dealing in trailers.  When he was bringing trailers down today, he was told to stop until further notice.  The construction company told him they were told that Obumbles, or some other higher ups in charge, didn't want any trailers sitting around in front of the hospital.  At the same time they were also told not to board up the windows on what is left of St. John's, until he gets his photo opportunities out of the way on Sunday. 

So, if you don't see any trailers sitting around holding equipment, and the hospital windows are still not boarded up on Sunday, you know why. 
The Chief Narcissist may strike again.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »

I am just so heartbroken.  :bawl:
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2011, 05:31:42 PM »
I was talking with one of my friends who owns a business dealing in trailers.  When he was bringing trailers down today, he was told to stop until further notice.  The construction company told him they were told that Obumbles, or some other higher ups in charge, didn't want any trailers sitting around in front of the hospital.  At the same time they were also told not to board up the windows on what is left of St. John's, until he gets his photo opportunities out of the way on Sunday. 

So, if you don't see any trailers sitting around holding equipment, and the hospital windows are still not boarded up on Sunday, you know why. 
The Chief Narcissist may strike again.

oH WOW!  that needs to be known across America

Offline BattleHymn

« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »

oH WOW!  that needs to be known across America

I was instructed to be pretty vague with my description, and since I didn't hear it first hand, I can't be 100% certain it is exactly as it seems.  I will be watching the appearance of the messiah, though, and see if it holds true.   :popcorn:

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2011, 07:27:34 PM »
Mrs E told me when she got home from work that one of the faculty with whom she works has family down in Joplin.

Two of them, an uncle and another female member, had been missing. The female member made it to a shelter somewhere and is okay, but they found the uncle at the obliterated Home Depot under a pile of rubble, dead.

The faculty member is heading down tomorrow.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline IassaFTots

« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »
Mrs E told me when she got home from work that one of the faculty with whom she works has family down in Joplin.

Two of them, an uncle and another female member, had been missing. The female member made it to a shelter somewhere and is okay, but they found the uncle at the obliterated Home Depot under a pile of rubble, dead.

The faculty member is heading down tomorrow.

I can't really say why, but this hurts me as much as Katrina did.  And Katrina killed my people and my home.  (In Mississippi, not NOLA.)