Author Topic: Republicans funnier than professional comedian  (Read 1028 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Republicans funnier than professional comedian
« on: April 17, 2008, 02:22:30 PM »
Comedy Central’s Mo Rocca gave a cringe-worthy performance. No, not cringe-worthy for any notable left-wing diatribes. Just cringe-worthy for its awfulness. He seemed to have just given up by the end and fizzled out. Mumbled a complaint that one of the other speakers had told one of his jokes and that was the price of going second.

By contrast, Fox News showed remarks from Dick Cheney and Mitt Romney, who were both a hoot.

Cheney recounted how he had met the Pope earlier in the day. Paraphrasing: “I’ve had quite a day. I met one Infallible Authority this morning. And I get to meet 1,000 Infallible Authorities here tonight.”

Snort.

Romney had a charming and self-deprecating top 10 list–reasons he dropped out, I think. Including (and paraphrasing again): “I want to get fat, grow a beard, and win a Nobel Prize,” “I fell down and broke my hair,” and “My wife, Ann, gave up on the campaign and all my funding dried up.”

Update: Allah’s got the video.

The Romney top 10 list:

No. 10: There weren’t as many Osmonds as he thought.
No. 9: Got tired of the corkscrew landings of his campaign plane while under fire
No. 8: As a lifelong hunter, I didn’t want to miss the start of varmint season.
No. 7: There wasn’t room for two Christian leaders in the presidential race
No. 6: I’d rather get fat, grow a beard and try for the Nobel prize.
No. 5: Got tired of wearing a dark suit and tie, and I wanted to kick back in a light colored suit and tie.
No. 4: When his wife realized he couldn’t win the GOP nomination, my fundraising dried up.
No. 2: I took a bad fall at a campaign rally and broke my hair.
No. 1: His campaign relied on a flawed campaign strategy that as Utah goes, so goes the nation.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/04/16/republicans-funnier-than-the-professional-comedian/

:rotf:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Republicans funnier than professional comedian
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »
“I fell down and broke my hair,”

heh :)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.